Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Jerry P.

"Cracked casting"
Found this when researching a new furnace. The reason I need a new one is that my Burnham unit cracked along it's casting and is leaking. It's barely 10 years old, but I am not the first owner. I expect parts to wear out, but a boiler casting should not crack, that is unacceptable.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Mesh Fox

"Cracked block 1999 -2.28.10"
House was brand new. Cracked block and rusty scum water. Same as all the other reviews. I will not replace with a Burnham. Brother is a plumber but I'm still out $3000. This will get me a good furnace with a hot water maker upgrade. Burnham can go to hell. Shysters.

Date created: 2010-01-31 Name: J Manning

"Burnham is crap"
Bought our house new in '93 and in 2000 had to replace our unit, cracked block. Fought with them and had to threaten them to work with me on replacement. Here it is 2010, another cracked block, same place. Will not be using this product ever again. Ten houses in neighborhood, all the same problems. Won't bother to even call them this time. Lesson learned.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: W Menoche

"Piece of crap Burnham"
I am like others. Not the original owner and I am waiting with not much hope after reading this that the company will stand by their product. I have also learned that there is a class action law suit against Burnham for this.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: D. Phelan

"Money Pit"
Like all the rest, my boiler has leaks. This is the third time since initial installation. I have never made it through a heating season without a problem. Reading all these reviews, I'm not sure how Burnham stays in business. Boilers have been around for over a hundred years, so the tech should be down by now. That only means that Burnham sells an extremely low quality product. Time for a change!

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: J. Sidarweck

"Mrs"
I installed a Burnham furnace in 1996 and thought it was a good furnace. It developed a leak 3 years later in 1999. Block was replaced, not the end though, of this furnace In 2009, the block is leaking again. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jim

"Burnham"
We installed an oil fired burnham steam boiler in our place of business and have reduced our oil consumption by about 15% in each of the prior 2 winters. The system works well no problems today!

Date created: 2009-11-23 Name: JW
Location: New England

"Burnham"
Our current defunct Burnham system replaced a fairly new Burnham system with a crack. We received a new Burnham system but paid the labor which was a few thousand dollars. This replacement system just burnt out after 8 years. We understand it can take up to 2 weeks for Burnham to review the record and decide what we would get from them - we have no heat or hot water in New England at Thanksgiving. No more Burnhams and I'll be sure to pass the word.

Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: John Leaky Burnham

"Another Leaking Burham Furnace"
I was informed by my oil service man that my Burnham Furnace needs replacement due to a leak that cannot be repaired. Burnham informs me that since I am the second owner (furnace is 10 years old), it is no longer is warranty. Since when does who owns the house have to do with a warranty except for Burnham playing the odds that most people move before their crappy products go out of warranty? What a disgraceful company! The only thing that needs to go out is them doing business in this country.

Date created: 2009-09-27 Name: Robyn

"Burnham V73 boiler"
I remodelled an older home in 1993 and a friend and I installed a brand new Burnham boiler. At the time it was considered to be the best boiler on the market easily lasting 25 to 30 years; that is the main reason I bought the Burnham. Sixteen years later, half way through the life expectency of the boiler, it developed a leak. The part that really makes me disappointed with Burnham is that they are not honoring their warranty!! It is understandable for anyone to develop a problem during a manufacturing process (highly skilled workers retire and new ones take over) but it not understandable for the company to abandon their client base. The information I am getting from surfing the web about Burnham is that the part they send for replacement has about the same probability to leak as the original part. My new boiler will not be a burnham.