Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Julie Haas
Location: Groveton, NH

"Cracked boiler"
Bought my house 6 years ago - furnace was couple of years old. My boiler is cracked - just like everyone else is saying. Single mother of 3 and no way to repalce this - wont be buying Burnham.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Rae Cinclini

"Not sure"
Works great, very efficient

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Ken C.

"Burnham V7"
Installed in 2000. Leaks water on the seam of the cast iron part that contains the water.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Jerry P.

"Cracked casting"
Found this when researching a new furnace. The reason I need a new one is that my Burnham unit cracked along it's casting and is leaking. It's barely 10 years old, but I am not the first owner. I expect parts to wear out, but a boiler casting should not crack, that is unacceptable.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Mesh Fox

"Cracked block 1999 -2.28.10"
House was brand new. Cracked block and rusty scum water. Same as all the other reviews. I will not replace with a Burnham. Brother is a plumber but I'm still out $3000. This will get me a good furnace with a hot water maker upgrade. Burnham can go to hell. Shysters.

Date created: 2010-01-31 Name: J Manning

"Burnham is crap"
Bought our house new in '93 and in 2000 had to replace our unit, cracked block. Fought with them and had to threaten them to work with me on replacement. Here it is 2010, another cracked block, same place. Will not be using this product ever again. Ten houses in neighborhood, all the same problems. Won't bother to even call them this time. Lesson learned.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: W Menoche

"Piece of crap Burnham"
I am like others. Not the original owner and I am waiting with not much hope after reading this that the company will stand by their product. I have also learned that there is a class action law suit against Burnham for this.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: D. Phelan

"Money Pit"
Like all the rest, my boiler has leaks. This is the third time since initial installation. I have never made it through a heating season without a problem. Reading all these reviews, I'm not sure how Burnham stays in business. Boilers have been around for over a hundred years, so the tech should be down by now. That only means that Burnham sells an extremely low quality product. Time for a change!

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: J. Sidarweck

"Mrs"
I installed a Burnham furnace in 1996 and thought it was a good furnace. It developed a leak 3 years later in 1999. Block was replaced, not the end though, of this furnace In 2009, the block is leaking again. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jim

"Burnham"
We installed an oil fired burnham steam boiler in our place of business and have reduced our oil consumption by about 15% in each of the prior 2 winters. The system works well no problems today!