Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2013-02-05 Name: Lou Gabriel
Location: Housatonic MA

"Cracked Block/Leaky Furnace"
My furnace leaks water through the cracked block. It is 12 years old. The installer called me to see if there was water around the furnace because they were getting complaints of cracked blocks. Wasn't leaking then but is now. The company does not stand behind their product and wants to sell me a new block or a new furnace when they knew the problem existed from the start. They will give me $600 off a new furnace. Who is their right mind would buy another one of their products when they don't stand behind their products in the first place.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Name: jacqueline bukovac
Location: port ewen, n.y.

"Another big bill"
We just learned of another problem of rusting out on a 10 year old Burnham we had installed... over the years we have had to have multiple parts replaced and the labor isn't a laughing matter....Burnham stand behind your product or change it so us the consumer can regain our trust in you...

Date created: 2011-12-03 Name: Chrisian T.
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

"Shopping for a funace"
We are presently in the process of planning the building of our new home. The local plumber recommended a Burnham Furnace to go along with our in-floor heating. Thanks to this site, I will do a lot more research before I consider the advice of the plumber. Looks like your warranty program is as deficient as the product...

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: Annette Liljegren
Location: Foxboro, MA

"Poor quality"
The boiler is rusting out. As a result we must now replace the boiler system at a cost of about $8,000. This is unacceptable for a 10 year old burner. In my mind you have produced a poor quality product.

Date created: 2011-11-13 Name: Kathy
Location: Massachusetts

"--------CRACKED-----------"
We have a oil fired, steam heat and hot water burnham furnace. All was well until this year. It's only 10 years old and has a huge crack in the boiler. Does not run. We are looking into alternatives since they only allow a 10 year warranty (since they know the life expectancy of their product).

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Not so good furnace"
I have 1998 burnham V-75- replaced burner 2 seasons ago, rebuilt fire box 3 years ago- today heat exchanger is leaking (steam system) furnace man says its time to replace the furnace $5,500-7000 installed, he says that burnham uses imported assemblies in their furnaces from Chinia, india to save $$$ and make $$$$ with the $$$$$ they are making they can afford the ocassional law suite. unfortunately many other manufacturers are following the same path. big business (US economy) can not survive producing a product that last 30 years- failures are designed into the products to keep people employed- Thats the way it is and it's only going get worse, everything the american consumer needs and DEMANDS will only be avalible as long as we agree to pay up. Remember when TV was free? change the technology, convince the public it's great and everyone will eventually forget what they had and lost. It's called "free enterprise". Never have so many been controlled by so few. I do not reccomend this product to anyone and I never will. It can be good at times but not worth the money.

Date created: 2011-05-19 Name: M. Lew
Location: Rhinebeck, NY

"Cast Iron cracked"
I have a Burnham V-74 installed in 1995. The block cracked in 2010. My plumber said he has replaced cast iron furnaces 40 years old, but never for a cracked block. These should not fail. The worst is to be given replacement blocks that will fail again. The block and coil are about $1200 at cost, and my installation is $1500. A new Dunkirk boiler is $5000 installed.

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: Marilyn Hurley
Location: Salem MA 01970

"Defective unit - 3 installed in 15 years!"
My first Burnham was installed in 1997. It failed in 2007. My second Burnham was then installed and it failed in 2010. I spent $1200 per month in our last heating season (11/10 to 3/11) - and that wa for minimum heat - I had to keep the thermostat set at 74 degrees 24/7. The block was cracked and Burnam told me it was because I had bad water!!--I am trying to purse a class action- interested? --also planning on going to small claims court.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: LC
Location: CT

"Start reporting bad companies!"
Burnham is not a BBB rated comapny but you can still file complaints against them via the BBB website. If there are enough pissed off consumers perhaps someone will take notice and maybe in the future Burnham will be forced to recall faulty units (as opposed to offering credits to angry customers). My furnace is 14 years old, I am the original owner, and I am angry about being at the mercy of shoddy craftsmanship and poor business practices. I reported my issue to the BBB as well as my state's Attorney General and Department of Consumer Protection.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: W. Bickford
Location: Maine

"Leaking furnace"
I had the burnham furnace installed when I purchased the house. It was part of my building package. For the first few years it was fine. But over the past 5 years it has been leaking water from different places. It just shuts off randomly. I just spent 800 dollars having different things replaced and now it heats water when it wants to. Frustrated.