Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS furnaces

Read more about BUDERUS furnaces

Date created: 2011-12-03 Name: Nick Rudovic
Location: East Fishkill,NY

"Boiler"
I purchased this Boiler 6 years ago and it was the best buy I did. This boiler is the best on the market today. It is very efficient, very simple and not more expensive than any other domestic brand. I used the Becket burner but I am being told that Riello burner is better brand for buderus. As far as boiler being noisy and burning more oil than other boilers it is not true. Oil amount burning depends on the type of burner you have, how correct the combustion is adjusted and how well the piping is insulated. The installation has to be done by a professional technician otherwise nothing will work properly. If the house is not well insulated and the thermostat never satisfied your boiler will run much longer and burn more oil or gas depending on what you are using as fuel. I would buy this brand only if I need to.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: dave robinson
Location: oxford, ct.

"Buderus furnace"
I purchase a buderus gb 142-24 gas boiler in July 2007. Had to installed most of myself, no problem, the first two years it was great, then I had it converted to natural gas, still no problem. As the manual said, I clean the boiler, did it with mineral oil, the boiler does get coated with a white and hard packed partials. Mineral oil does not clean it completely, in between the fins are cooked on partials. Then I tried to order gaskets for the top and bottom covers. When the trouble really starts. Buderus will not sell any parts to the public, also it's hard to get them to give you technician information,I finally found a plumbing supply house that would sell them to me. $85.00 for the two gasket {WOW} then I just had to buy a ionization electrode $56.00. Look up a website to buy on line what a shock, there prices are even higher. Check the prices on buderus parts and you will find to better to buy a product that made in the USA.

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Elaine
Location: Herndon, PA

"Worst Purchase of my life!"
I bought my Buderus 4 years ago. I began getting DHW (hot water) errors 2 years ago. Have had 3 different groups out to fix it -- everybody blames it on the condition of my house (work-in-progress). Runs 15 minutes off, 6 minutes on and doesn't heat the house. Bought a wood boiler that keeps the house (same pipes) nice and warm. When I can't use the wood boiler, the Buderus junk can't get it above 60 degrees. Now, it circulates heat in the summer, even though I have the inside sensor turned all the way down, and the summer temperature set. Not supposed to run at all when it's on summer and 'night'. But it still runs continually, heating up the boiler water, but NOT the hot water. It keeps the boiler temperature hot (and therefore makes the house even hotter), but doesn't heat the hot water. I have to to turn off the furnace to keep it from running. I have used more oil with this furnace than I did with my old furnace that was well over 50 years old and on its last leg. Do NOT buy this furnace. It is JUNK and nobody will work on it.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: lee adler
Location: weymouth, ma

"Piece of garbage"
This damn thing keeps going off on us. we wake up in the a.m. and it's not working. it goes off any time day or night. the only way to get it fired up again is to smack it several times on the top. i hate this furnace!!!!!

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: S Garr
Location: Auburn NY

"Cayuga Sheriffs Dept"
I have had a Buderus furnace for 10 yrs...I have kept up with maintenance and have had a few problems with the original install, and regular service people not knowing about the furnace. Now the unit vibrates everytime it kicks on and even though the systems pipes have been bled and serviced again this past fall...each heat run thru my house vibrates....but the furnace itself sounds like you're riding in a 747. anyone Budrus service people in the Central NY area....? Auburn NY.HELP!!

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Shawn
Location: Leominster, MA

"Extremely Efficient"
New Buderus G115 oil-fired forced hot water system installed in April along with Logomatic computer controller in my home. Went with Riello burner as I had one on the old furnace and they are very efficient along with low cost of ownership. The Buderus is amazing, I cannot hear it like the old system. I did a lot of research before making a decision to purchase Buderus. The Logomatic computer is a must and was worth the extra $900 (Total cost = $5500 with $2100 in federal and utility rebates = $2400). I have a temp sensor inside and outside the house to determine the delta (change in temperature) so the boiler will only heat hot water to a certain point. For the summer - I was able to program the hot water to approximately 130F with the computer by setting the boiler temp to 155 (only need 20F degrees higher for convection to occur and reach ideal temp). Temps have dipped into the 30s and furnace is slowly ramping up to meet ideal 68 - 72F range. By purging the air (forced hoter water system), we don't even hear the system running - it's so quiet! The house is always comfortable and warm. The old system was loud and noisy, and I would have went through 2 tanks of oil since April. Right now, I am at half a tank of oil since installation (April 2010)! During the summer, the old system would fire up and go straight to 220F just to heat hot water, which heated the house and resulted in heavy costs in air conditioning charges during the summer months. So it has been a two-fold win. The basement used to be in the 90s, now it is 72 all the time using a trending temp sensor. Finding a skilled installer is key to a successful project. An average rated boiler installed perfectly is more efficient than the most expensive boiler installed incorrectly. Energy managment systems (such as the Logomatic) ensure the boiler operates at it's most efficient levels and ensures an early ROI. One disappointment - The owners manual did not clearly cover the setup for the Buderus thermostat communication to the logomatic computer. I had to call Buderus in NH and a technician provided instructions so I could program it. I transcribed the instructions from the call and sent them to the installer. Another disappointment is that the logomatic controls should be network enabled so it can be controlled from my office computer - I can do this at work using Allerton and Automated Logic, why not a home system?!? This entire system will pay for itself in less than 2 years and I am very pleased with it. The installer did a great job overall and I hope I don't have the same troubles as some of the other reviewers have.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: Bill Banta
Location: West Dummerston, VT

"Definatly not the best choice of boiler"
Boiler continually cuts off, must hit the red button at least once a week to get the thing to run. Have had the installer out numerous times to no avail....

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: Kathy eisenhofer
Location: northboro ma

"Love it!"
Combined two old systems into one

Date created: 2010-02-11 Name: D. Parker

"4 year old Buderus cost me $1500 to fix"
I paid $13,000 for this unit and within the last 3 years had to pay another $1500 for a replacement part that was not covered by the shoddy "warranty". Not very happy with their product. The error code was "3c" and could not be diagnosed by the repair technician. We spent the night cuddled by the fire as a family. The next day, we got handed a bill for $1,500.

Date created: 2009-12-17 Name: D. Anderson

"Customer service contact"
I called customer service to talk about product quality and warranty experience as part of due diligence for a new purchase. I called three times and could not get through. A large back up of customer service calls could indicate product problems or customer service is poorly staffed and not a priority.