Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS furnaces

Read more about BUDERUS furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: lee adler
Location: weymouth, ma

"Piece of garbage"
This damn thing keeps going off on us. we wake up in the a.m. and it's not working. it goes off any time day or night. the only way to get it fired up again is to smack it several times on the top. i hate this furnace!!!!!

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: S Garr
Location: Auburn NY

"Cayuga Sheriffs Dept"
I have had a Buderus furnace for 10 yrs...I have kept up with maintenance and have had a few problems with the original install, and regular service people not knowing about the furnace. Now the unit vibrates everytime it kicks on and even though the systems pipes have been bled and serviced again this past fall...each heat run thru my house vibrates....but the furnace itself sounds like you're riding in a 747. anyone Budrus service people in the Central NY area....? Auburn NY.HELP!!

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Shawn
Location: Leominster, MA

"Extremely Efficient"
New Buderus G115 oil-fired forced hot water system installed in April along with Logomatic computer controller in my home. Went with Riello burner as I had one on the old furnace and they are very efficient along with low cost of ownership. The Buderus is amazing, I cannot hear it like the old system. I did a lot of research before making a decision to purchase Buderus. The Logomatic computer is a must and was worth the extra $900 (Total cost = $5500 with $2100 in federal and utility rebates = $2400). I have a temp sensor inside and outside the house to determine the delta (change in temperature) so the boiler will only heat hot water to a certain point. For the summer - I was able to program the hot water to approximately 130F with the computer by setting the boiler temp to 155 (only need 20F degrees higher for convection to occur and reach ideal temp). Temps have dipped into the 30s and furnace is slowly ramping up to meet ideal 68 - 72F range. By purging the air (forced hoter water system), we don't even hear the system running - it's so quiet! The house is always comfortable and warm. The old system was loud and noisy, and I would have went through 2 tanks of oil since April. Right now, I am at half a tank of oil since installation (April 2010)! During the summer, the old system would fire up and go straight to 220F just to heat hot water, which heated the house and resulted in heavy costs in air conditioning charges during the summer months. So it has been a two-fold win. The basement used to be in the 90s, now it is 72 all the time using a trending temp sensor. Finding a skilled installer is key to a successful project. An average rated boiler installed perfectly is more efficient than the most expensive boiler installed incorrectly. Energy managment systems (such as the Logomatic) ensure the boiler operates at it's most efficient levels and ensures an early ROI. One disappointment - The owners manual did not clearly cover the setup for the Buderus thermostat communication to the logomatic computer. I had to call Buderus in NH and a technician provided instructions so I could program it. I transcribed the instructions from the call and sent them to the installer. Another disappointment is that the logomatic controls should be network enabled so it can be controlled from my office computer - I can do this at work using Allerton and Automated Logic, why not a home system?!? This entire system will pay for itself in less than 2 years and I am very pleased with it. The installer did a great job overall and I hope I don't have the same troubles as some of the other reviewers have.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: Bill Banta
Location: West Dummerston, VT

"Definatly not the best choice of boiler"
Boiler continually cuts off, must hit the red button at least once a week to get the thing to run. Have had the installer out numerous times to no avail....

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: Kathy eisenhofer
Location: northboro ma

"Love it!"
Combined two old systems into one

Date created: 2010-02-11 Name: D. Parker

"4 year old Buderus cost me $1500 to fix"
I paid $13,000 for this unit and within the last 3 years had to pay another $1500 for a replacement part that was not covered by the shoddy "warranty". Not very happy with their product. The error code was "3c" and could not be diagnosed by the repair technician. We spent the night cuddled by the fire as a family. The next day, we got handed a bill for $1,500.

Date created: 2009-12-17 Name: D. Anderson

"Customer service contact"
I called customer service to talk about product quality and warranty experience as part of due diligence for a new purchase. I called three times and could not get through. A large back up of customer service calls could indicate product problems or customer service is poorly staffed and not a priority.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: W. Jones

"Horrible Unit!"
This furnace has not worked properly since it was first installed. I am without heat/hot water at least 2-3 times per year. Different companies have been called. No one can make it reliable. Countless nozzles have been replaced and other filters, etc. installed. It has cost me a fortune in repairs and middle of the night calls to the repair company. Some workmen don't even know where to begin with a Buderus and have left me with no heat when the wrong repairman is on call.

Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: JRud

"Mistake"
Just got this furnace that was suppose to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Instead I got what sounds like a diesel engine on a cold day. It actually woke me up on a cold start even though it is two floors away. They blame it on not enough draft...never had that problem before. Sorry I went with this burner. Only recommend it to those I dislike!

Date created: 2009-07-10 Name: lillian doty

"Complete junk"
Purchased this piece of junk at a very exorbitant price in 2007. Replaced heat exchanger in fall of 2008 and now again in Spring of 2009. Not only are we out the price of the furnace, we are out all the labor to install it originally and to repair it in the fall. Would not recommend this unit to anyone.