Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS furnaces

Read more about BUDERUS furnaces

Date created: 2016-03-15 Name: Alan W
Location: Old Orchard, ME

"11 year old NG"
I had a Buderus furnace (oil) installed in my home in 2006. I maintain it and have it cleaned at least once a year. This morning I noticed a little water around the bottom of my furnace. I called my furnace guy, he came over and immediately took the light blue cover off the furnace. We could see steam coming out of a crack on top of the furnace. I would think they should last 30 or 40 years, not 11. It is now getting on evening and I have already replaced the furnace. Buderus never again.

Date created: 2015-06-28 Name: Steve Walsh
Location: Cape Cod, MA

"Complicated"
Way too complicated with little benefit for it. I've had many problems with my unit and need to scrape this one off my foot and get a decent furnace/hot water heater that does just that without all the bells and whistles.

Date created: 2015-03-05 Name: brenda brown
Location: Vestal, NY

"Don`t waste your money on one of these"
The furnace quit while I was on vacation. 3L was the computer message. The repairman replaced a fan and then noticed water leaking. The diagnosis is I need a new furnace. It is only 6 years old. Missed last years service. Only one year missed. The company wants pictures from each year's furnace environment. Ridiculous! Who has that? A cop out to avoid standing behind a poor product.

Date created: 2014-12-21 Name: j fournier
Location: Vermont

"Do not buy this brand."
After 1 year, the water heater continues to release water from the overflow valve. I have spent a lot of money and 3 different servicemen have tried to fix this. After $8000.00 and 3-4 years I am going to replace this system. Do not buy this brand.

Date created: 2014-12-08 Name: T. Higgins
Location: Syracuse, NY

"I can't believe they are in business"
After 6 years of having almost every part (sans computer) replaced, it appears as though our best decision is to replace it with a different unit. Their tech support is awful and arrogant. Their customer support is no better. They claim they have virtually no returns, yet after speaking to the certified service rep, he stated that Buderus does not replace the units. Having a 6A error code every 24 hours is no way to go through winter.

Date created: 2014-09-10 Name: a mcdowell
Location: Boston, MA

"Run, don't walk, away from Buderus"
I wanted a Honda, I got a Jaguar - overly expensive, completely unreliable and leaves you stranded in the worst of times! Repair of this unit is a nightmare and I have spent thousands on a system that is still unreliable. Very few HVAC people can work with these, and the parts are atrociously priced.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: pamela
Location: litchfield, connecticut

"Homeowner"
My Buderus was installed in 2002 and has been nothing but trouble since day1...too many "problems" to give details, but the constant service/repair records demonstrate what an inferior product this is. Call outs to installers/service at least 3x a year for one reason or another. The Factory Rep has even been to my home...every time it is a different reason why the furnace does not function properly, with the "fixes" not lasting very long. I asked if I perhaps got a lemon and could I get the furnace replaced, the "Reps" response was that it wasn't necessary and the problem was now fixed. Ha, HA...until the next time something goes wrong. This was an expensive piece of equipment especially since I was converting from electric to oil heat and all mechanicals were brand new...right down to the copper pipes! There are several other Buderus owners in the area none have the problems I have had. Based on my experience I would say stay as far away from a buderus product as possible!!!!

Date created: 2012-10-03 Name: h. mathewson
Location: Barnstable, MA

"Unreliable, Poor Service From Manufacturer"
This very expensive wall hung unit had its electronics toasted by steam escaping from a cracked plastic trap. The trap cracked because of a design defect that the company recognized and corrected after installation of my unit. Repairing the unit within a year of installation cost about $2000 and Buderus denied that it was their responsibility by saying that their "warranty" was only for the boiler itself. My local installer has stopped selling Buderus because of other instances of lack of back-up by the manufacturer for a host of unexpected problems.

Date created: 2011-12-28 Name: Denise in NY

"Heat and Hot water furnaace"
I am so sick and tired of this piece of junk!! It has gone from bad to worse over the years. We are constantly having to call the local repair guys in because either we don't have heat or we don't have hot water for no apparent reason. We also have to reset it ourselves several times a week to get it going again. Save your money people !!!

Date created: 2011-12-03 Name: Nick Rudovic
Location: East Fishkill,NY

"Boiler"
I purchased this Boiler 6 years ago and it was the best buy I did. This boiler is the best on the market today. It is very efficient, very simple and not more expensive than any other domestic brand. I used the Becket burner but I am being told that Riello burner is better brand for buderus. As far as boiler being noisy and burning more oil than other boilers it is not true. Oil amount burning depends on the type of burner you have, how correct the combustion is adjusted and how well the piping is insulated. The installation has to be done by a professional technician otherwise nothing will work properly. If the house is not well insulated and the thermostat never satisfied your boiler will run much longer and burn more oil or gas depending on what you are using as fuel. I would buy this brand only if I need to.