Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2008-10-02 Name: Rick Knight
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"80% 2-speed, several repairs"
In 11 years, with regular service, the furnace required replacement of the blower motor at year 3 (parts and labor under warranty I believe), igniter at year 7 (not covered), "inducer" motor and heat exchanger at year 11. The current year 11 repairs were estimated at $820 even with the parts warranty on the heat exchanger. I am shopping now and do not expect to purchase a Bryant or Carrier product at this time. Performance for heating and cooling along with an old Sears ac unit was ok to marginal with a split level home. The lower level was difficult to heat without running the blower fan continuously.

Date created: 2008-02-13 Name: jeff
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Nothing but trouble.have spent 1800.00 over the past 11 years on repairs. had to replace circuit board,pressure switch,vacuum switch, igniter twice, and something called a ICM 202 time delay. i have a stack of repair receipts.It craps out at least once a year.unit is the high efficiency model.i will replace this spring but will not be a Bryant unless they see this report and contact me to make things right.sure that will happen in my dreams.

Date created: 2008-01-03 Name: Dkelley
Location: Grandview, Ia

I'm upgrading my old Bryant furnace to a newer one. It will be a Bryant! Not one problem with my 1981 model. Hopefully today's models are just as trustworthy. I'm banking on it.

Date created: 2007-09-18 Name: Sam
Location: Buffalo

I own a Bryant 80% Gas Furnace with peizo-electric ignitor. It's in service a a rental property. The only service call in 14 years, was to have a serviceman wire-brush the ignitor. Other than that its run perfectly. I also own a Heil 80% Furnace which needed a $400 gas valve after 5 years. I realize that Heil and Bryant are made by Carrier, but I consider the Bryant to be superior. I am skeptical of Heil, and they have a dubious reputation amongst installers.

Date created: 2007-03-29 Name: L Reeder
Location: Middletown, OH

Have owned a Bryant 355 for 8 years now. Other then changing filters Have never had the front door off. My only regret is buying a 10 year Parts & Labor warranty which I will never use. I hope it breaks soon.

Date created: 2007-03-10 Name: S. Polizzi
Location: Northern Illinois

Upgraded from 40 year old furnace to 80% efficient. Absolutely no cost savings per therm used. Comfort level questionable. Also affects the AC which now is causing too much moisture in basement, and a mildew problem.

Date created: 2007-01-20 Name: M, Strain
Location: British

Problems from the get go with moisture/condensation/corrosion. Had to replace the board after 5 yrs. Recently stopped working and repair man said it was to corroded/rusted to fix and I need a new furnace. Have had a few quotes and have been told by some that it is the installation that caused the problem. I don't know if this is true or not. It was installed by a Bryant approved distributor. I have written to Bryant as I expected the furnace to last at least 20 yrs and asked if they would give me a credit towards a new Bryant. I have not had a reply (not that I really expected one). Do they really think word of mouth (good or bad) doesn't count?