Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: R Heath
Location: WI

"Bryant"
I have been installing Bryant heating and cooling equipment for over 10 yrs in WI. Our company deals with a lot of commercial property and I have 1000's of Bryants installed all over the city. In unconditioned attics and basements everywhere, they can be installed and we simply do not go back for service problems. I think a lot of these complaints have to be a install problem. Like the one that said, he can not keep his lower level heated without the fan on continuously. That is a duct problem from the day the house was built and if the heat exchangers are junk then why are we not seeing this problem. I question a lot of these reviews on here. Everything I have said is a fact. We want to sell the best furnace on the market and that is why I will not change the brand I sell.

Date created: 2009-12-23 Name: MCG

"Bryant Package Unit"
Replaced the 1984 Payne gas package unit in my home with a Bryant 3 ton 13 seer Puron variable speed package unit in Feb. 2007. Bryant unit is very quiet, cools and heats perfectly. Definitely, I recommend a Bryant or a Carrier system.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Ted Smith

"Bryant Does NOT Stand by its Products"
Never buy a Bryant. We bought a Bryant high energy efficient furnace 13 years ago and have put money into it every year to keep it running. Junk their motto, "Whatever it takes" means whatever it takes to keep the customer spending money. Before you know it, you have several thousand dollars of junk in your basement. Do not waste your money and be careful because Bryant makes furnaces under different names.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Ann Blask

"BRYANT-DON'T BUY IT"
The "5 year guarantee" apparently is of no use on a one-year old furnace. 2 weeks of 62 degrees, 6 visits by the installer. The installer got no help from Bryant Tech Support. I could not reach Customer Service for a week. They told the installer I had to deal with the 800 number. They said I had to deal with the installer. They are useless, rude, incompetent. According the the installer, the Tech Support is as bad.

Date created: 2009-12-03 Name: Dick

"Bryant Igniter Problems"
Got new condo with Bryant furnace already in it. It says 80% efficient on the governement label. I am on my third igniter since I moved in 7 years ago.

Date created: 2009-11-07 Name: T Tozer

"Bryant Plus90t"
We purchased this furnace in Jan 2003 to replace an 8 year old one that had a cracked heat exchanger, what a mistake. Last week the furnace would not light so I called a local service company thinking it was a sensor. They tell me that the secondary heat exchanger is cracked and that the infuser unit needs replaced. It appears that the heat exchanger may be covered by an extended warenty because of a class action lawsuite but the infuser is not. Here is the killer, the infuser unit is $600 just for the part. I checked the unit over and I do not see the gold plating that would justify this price. Where do they get off charging such a price for this? Do I pay $800-$1000 to fix this 6 year old unit or do I get a new one (not Bryant)

Date created: 2009-10-04 Name: AKS

"President, Windsong Townhome Owners Assn"
Half (four) of the Bryant high energy efficient furnaces in our townhome development have failed over the last two years (secondary heat exchanger). None of the furnace brands have failed. All owners chose to replace with other brands rather than simply use the Bryant warranty to replace the exchanger. Better peace of mind.

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: Greg Moorehead

"Bryant Quiet Whisper is Junk!!"
Have waited 11 long years to replace the loudest, sleep depriving system on the market. Do not buy Bryant!! Total junk.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Jeff Preminger

"Piece of junk"
In less than 2 years we've had this worthless poj repaired 3 times! What a mistake we made in buying this piece of crap Bryant! Go with something else and save yourself the headaches!

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: S. Jacob

"Excellent System"
I purchased the Bryant Evolution system with the Evolution control about 6 years ago and have been elated with the system. I have the lowest utility bills that I have ever had and my house has almost identical temperatures from room to room. I also never realized that controlling the humidity, both in the summer and winter, could be so easy. My wife thinks that running the fan constantly has not only cut down on dust but also greatly reduced our daughters allergic reactions. One of the other amazing things about the Bryant system is the diagnostic control, it is very similar to that of our automobiles today. You can go into the advanced settings and see exactly how the system has been performing, amazing! I was told that I would be extremely happy with this system but I didn't realize how much. I have had 6 years of a trouble free system, only having to do my basic maintenance, it definitely helps me sleep easier at night. I read that Bryant's engineering was second to none and now I truly believe it. Many of my friends and family have also purchased Bryant systems and have highly praised them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend another Bryant system to anyone.