Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Robert O.
Location: Minnesota

"350mav060120"
120,000btu 90 plus furnace purchased in 1995. Leaves got sucked into intake on 2nd year. Furnace out that night 20 below zero. The following year ready for this and cleaned out intake in late fall. Circuit board blew after 5 years, again in middle of night and below zero. 9 years out secondary heat exchanger goes out. Carbon monoxide kills all plants in the house. We're still alive, not sure how. Apparently there was a recall on the model that we were all neglected to be contacted on. They were apparently waiting for us to report the furnace failure, possibly by coroner's report(?). Corrosion in burners from failure causes flames to be shot onto side of combustion box essentially cutting into the side of the box. Remedy? we were given a couple of hundred dollars to apply to a new BRYANT furnace if we so choose... We chose an electric plenum heater which has saved us a few thousand dollars over lp gas the past 4 years.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Chris Brunner

"What a headache!!!!!"
My wife and I built our dream house and we got a Bryant ac system the "Evolution System". After looking over the 43 page manual, we still can't figure out how to, just like with the cheesy old thermostat, just turn it on to set temp and turn it off with out reprogramming all the time. If I could, I would scrap the new fangled 20 which way programmable unit for an old style in a heartbeat!! If you don't have a phd in computer science, don't get this unit!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Addie Jackson

"Replacement Parts for Air Cleaner"
Contacted Bryant Corp for a replacement part for my electronic air cleaner. I was told that Bryant replacement parts has to be ordered from a Bryant Distributor by a dealer so I've called 4 dealers in my area who will replace the unit at the tune of $1200.00 but don't have time to order a part. Gonna call Bryant again to see if they can get a dealer to cooperate.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: J. D. C.

"There are lemons once in a while."
I have been reading the reviews posted. And I wonder how many others actually have an issue with their systems? I am writing this because there is always a possibility of getting a "lemon"! I just had to, after 25 years, replace my Bryant A/C system. It was installed in June of 1985 and although there was a couple of times I had to have a service call, the worse being a relay issue both times, I never had my units fail. I just replaced my whole system with a Heil unit to price. Otherwise I would have bought another Bryant. The furnace still worked when it was replaced, but the outside compressor/coil unit was hit with lightning two years ago and that is the only reason it stopped working. Never had an issue with it. I understand that it is frustrating to spend a large sum of money on a unit to have issues with it, but to be so pissed off and tell others that a manufacturers unit is junk is absurd. They are like anything else mechanical, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't. Automobiles are a perfect example! IMO, Bryant is a great unit based on my previous experience. I will have to report on the Heil after it has had some time to be in use.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: J. Lillis

"Bryant Evolution Model 355CAV042060"
After a lot of research, I chose this furnace because it had the high efficiency I was looking for. In addition, it has a variable speed blower for quietness and to help in balancing my home. This furnace has 3 levels of heat output which further increases the efficiency. This way it "works" with my home rather than my old one which was either "on" or "off" and needed constant adjusting of the thermostat to try and get an even temperature. I also bought a high quality air cleaning system at the same time because my daughter has health issues. When I bought it, I was told to let the blower run all the time to help with the air flowing through the ducks so that the air will be constantly cleaned for a healthier home. My gas bill went down about 40% and my electric bill for air conditioning also decreased, but the most important was the air cleaning because we have eliminated the visits to the doctor's office. My neighbor also bought this type of furnace before me, so I was clued into how it would work. He uses his air conditioning a lot more than I do, and he says that his electric bill has gone down over 30% since he changed the furnace. I would have no hesitation in recommending this furnace. I know from the dealer that Bryant has been in business since the early 1900's and the furnaces are made in Indiana, so this is an American company with an American workforce and keeping jobs here in the USA. This furnace also qualified for the IRS tax credit of 30% of the price. That was an added bonus.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Edward Franks

"Variable Comfort"
Purchased my Bryant furnace from a company named All Temp. They came out, installed my furnace and I must say that this is by far the most quiet and efficient furnace I've ever owned. The company sold me on how this was such a smooth running furnace. I never thought a furnace could run as quiet but still heat and cool my house so awesome....Hats off to the people that made it.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Kelli M.

"Bryant Variable Furnace"
I have been very happy with my variable speed high efficient furnace. It is much quieter than my old furnace. My gas bills are considerably lower. I would definitely recommend this furnace to anyone who needs one.

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: George Nicko

"I Bought a Bryant Evolution System"
For over twenty years, I designed HVAC systems for residential customers. I sold Kenmore and other ICP products. Also, I became familiar with and sold may other brands including Trane, Goodman and Janitrol, Payne, Rheem, Carrier and Bryant, Armstrong, as well as others brands. In 2008, I chose for my own home a top-of-the-line Bryant Evolution System. I had a professional installation company install it. It included the 95% Gas Three-Stage Furnace and Two-Stage Heat Pump.

Date created: 2010-03-06 Name: J. Ash
Location: Minnesota

"MDA"
I have been installing the Carrier, Bryant And Payne line of equipment for 10 years in Minnesota. In my area, there are multiple Carrier, Bryant dealers, and the equipment is only as good at the installation (that goes for all brands). With the high efficiency furnaces, there is many considerations to take into account. For instance, if the contractor does not put the furnace in level (I.E. sloped to the back), the condensation can not run out of the heat exchanger (these furnaces alone can put out up to 20 gallons of water per day!). This water is acidic, and will rust out the collection box where the primary and secondary heat exchanger connect. Likewise, if your condensate trap plugs, this will back water up into the heat exchanger resulting in the same issue. When was the last time everybody had there equipment serviced??? The average furnace will run 1,500-2,000 hours per year. If you figured that in miles at 55 mph, that would be around 100,000 miles per year. What do you think would happen to your car if you drove that for 2,3,4, or even 5 year without a professional looking at it???? So whose fault is it that any of the equipment is not running without problems. Look for a contractor with a good reputation (ask for references and call them) one that has nate certified technicians (for Bryant and Carrier, this would get them a Factory Authorized Dealership), never take the low price, and have your equipment serviced every year, and you will have good luck with any equipment that you install.

Date created: 2010-02-24 Name: Todd Phillips

"Conveniently Stops On Coldest Days"
Every year same problem and usually on the coldest day of the year. My maintenance schedule has consistent visits from the repairman every November. By Jan/Feb, they're back to try and keep it running. By far, the worst furnace I have ever had.