Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: G. Myers

"DO NOT Buy A BRYANT FURNACE"
Worst purchase we have ever made. Replaced a 50 year old furnace that had 1 motor go in the 27 years I owned it, with a 80% efficient one that has broken down 4 times in the last 8 years. Always quits on the weekend (twice on a long weekend). This is a rental unit and has cost more money than all my other furnaces. Like a fool, my plumber talked me into another high efficient Bryant furnace when the 20 year old one heat exchanger cracked. Tenants complain all the time about being cold now.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: James Broderick

"Homeowner"
We purchased our Bryant Furnace 8 yrs ago. We just replaced our 4th inducer motor. This is completely not acceptable. I told the service man(he installed the furnace) that next time I will think of a new furnace. The company I'm sure is aware of the problem. Why don't they at least improve on replacement parts? I feel like a Toyota owner. These things should not be allowed to go on. If the furnace is junk, it should sell for a junk price.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: RMB

"BRYANT 350 MAV....TOTAL C#@P"
Replaced everything from the blower to the board. Then had the heat exchangers plug up because the teflon coating comes off after 5 years... then it's plugged condensate traps with water leaking everywhere. Hi limits and rollout sensors tripping, yada, yada, yada, .... amazing none of the dealers techs new about this problem ?????.. junk right from the start.. model 350 mav.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: R. Brown

"Model: 352MAV"
Ignition failure. This has been a huge problem since our Model 352mav was installed six years ago. There doesn't appear to be a fix at all. Every year, our installer (at no cost to us, mind you) comes out to try a new fix. Every year it fails. Unless there is a permanent fix for this problem, I would like Bryant Heating and Cooling to install at no cost to us, a new furnace that will work and be dependable. I've been extremely patient up until now. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible. Thank you, Rick Brown

Date created: 2010-01-19 Name: Carol

"Bryant Geothermal"
First of all, I had an installer who does not answer his call, leaves you waiting for him to call and I was told my electric bill would be cut in half and that no one else could work on this unit. It replaced a water-furnace. The rep has been here over 12-18 times since I purchased the unit. I called Bryant and told them I just wanted it fixed. They are still working on it. If I had the money, I would purchase a different brand. A company is only as good as their service is and the product.

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: R Heath
Location: WI

"Bryant"
I have been installing Bryant heating and cooling equipment for over 10 yrs in WI. Our company deals with a lot of commercial property and I have 1000's of Bryants installed all over the city. In unconditioned attics and basements everywhere, they can be installed and we simply do not go back for service problems. I think a lot of these complaints have to be a install problem. Like the one that said, he can not keep his lower level heated without the fan on continuously. That is a duct problem from the day the house was built and if the heat exchangers are junk then why are we not seeing this problem. I question a lot of these reviews on here. Everything I have said is a fact. We want to sell the best furnace on the market and that is why I will not change the brand I sell.

Date created: 2009-12-23 Name: MCG

"Bryant Package Unit"
Replaced the 1984 Payne gas package unit in my home with a Bryant 3 ton 13 seer Puron variable speed package unit in Feb. 2007. Bryant unit is very quiet, cools and heats perfectly. Definitely, I recommend a Bryant or a Carrier system.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Ted Smith

"Bryant Does NOT Stand by its Products"
Never buy a Bryant. We bought a Bryant high energy efficient furnace 13 years ago and have put money into it every year to keep it running. Junk their motto, "Whatever it takes" means whatever it takes to keep the customer spending money. Before you know it, you have several thousand dollars of junk in your basement. Do not waste your money and be careful because Bryant makes furnaces under different names.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Ann Blask

"BRYANT-DON'T BUY IT"
The "5 year guarantee" apparently is of no use on a one-year old furnace. 2 weeks of 62 degrees, 6 visits by the installer. The installer got no help from Bryant Tech Support. I could not reach Customer Service for a week. They told the installer I had to deal with the 800 number. They said I had to deal with the installer. They are useless, rude, incompetent. According the the installer, the Tech Support is as bad.

Date created: 2009-12-03 Name: Dick

"Bryant Igniter Problems"
Got new condo with Bryant furnace already in it. It says 80% efficient on the governement label. I am on my third igniter since I moved in 7 years ago.