Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Steve

"Great equipment its your contractors."
I have installed and serviced many Bryant units and while they are a little more compact for the service techs to work in they are amazing systems. From what I have been reading it seems as though proper sizing and installation of these units was failed to be done for paying customers. Completely understandable that there is disatisfaction but I believe it should be directed towards the contractors who are not properly sizing and installing these units. Many contractors " get it done " while ignoring important steps to insure the consumer gets the quality they are paying for.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Terry Carver
Location: Fenton, Missouri

"Terry Carver"
Our Bryant 90 plus & air is around 8 years old. I can't give dates and hadn't thought much about it until I read all the reviews. In the short time we've had this furnace, the igniter has been replaced 3 times, circuit board once and now the fan cage has broken off it's shaft. Three of those times was during the worst part of the winter and it took 3 days to have it repaired. Our old furnace had been here since the late 60's and the only thing I had to do was replace the igniter 2 or 3 times. This unit is junk and not dependable.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: K. Reiners
Location: Hastings, Minnesota

"Bryant Plus 90 short life"
Installed a Bryant Plus90 in 1997. Normal maintenance. A few minor problems until heat exchanger went and furnace needed to be replaced after 13 years. Disappointed in the life span of unit. Would not buy another one.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Sue Steyert
Location: Stewartstown, PA

"Never Had A Problem"
We have not had any problems at all with our furnace. It is 19 years old. It is fairly quiet and warms quite well for a gas furnace. I would buy another Bryant.

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Robert O.
Location: Minnesota

"350mav060120"
120,000btu 90 plus furnace purchased in 1995. Leaves got sucked into intake on 2nd year. Furnace out that night 20 below zero. The following year ready for this and cleaned out intake in late fall. Circuit board blew after 5 years, again in middle of night and below zero. 9 years out secondary heat exchanger goes out. Carbon monoxide kills all plants in the house. We're still alive, not sure how. Apparently there was a recall on the model that we were all neglected to be contacted on. They were apparently waiting for us to report the furnace failure, possibly by coroner's report(?). Corrosion in burners from failure causes flames to be shot onto side of combustion box essentially cutting into the side of the box. Remedy? we were given a couple of hundred dollars to apply to a new BRYANT furnace if we so choose... We chose an electric plenum heater which has saved us a few thousand dollars over lp gas the past 4 years.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Chris Brunner

"What a headache!!!!!"
My wife and I built our dream house and we got a Bryant ac system the "Evolution System". After looking over the 43 page manual, we still can't figure out how to, just like with the cheesy old thermostat, just turn it on to set temp and turn it off with out reprogramming all the time. If I could, I would scrap the new fangled 20 which way programmable unit for an old style in a heartbeat!! If you don't have a phd in computer science, don't get this unit!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Addie Jackson

"Replacement Parts for Air Cleaner"
Contacted Bryant Corp for a replacement part for my electronic air cleaner. I was told that Bryant replacement parts has to be ordered from a Bryant Distributor by a dealer so I've called 4 dealers in my area who will replace the unit at the tune of $1200.00 but don't have time to order a part. Gonna call Bryant again to see if they can get a dealer to cooperate.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: J. D. C.

"There are lemons once in a while."
I have been reading the reviews posted. And I wonder how many others actually have an issue with their systems? I am writing this because there is always a possibility of getting a "lemon"! I just had to, after 25 years, replace my Bryant A/C system. It was installed in June of 1985 and although there was a couple of times I had to have a service call, the worse being a relay issue both times, I never had my units fail. I just replaced my whole system with a Heil unit to price. Otherwise I would have bought another Bryant. The furnace still worked when it was replaced, but the outside compressor/coil unit was hit with lightning two years ago and that is the only reason it stopped working. Never had an issue with it. I understand that it is frustrating to spend a large sum of money on a unit to have issues with it, but to be so pissed off and tell others that a manufacturers unit is junk is absurd. They are like anything else mechanical, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't. Automobiles are a perfect example! IMO, Bryant is a great unit based on my previous experience. I will have to report on the Heil after it has had some time to be in use.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: J. Lillis

"Bryant Evolution Model 355CAV042060"
After a lot of research, I chose this furnace because it had the high efficiency I was looking for. In addition, it has a variable speed blower for quietness and to help in balancing my home. This furnace has 3 levels of heat output which further increases the efficiency. This way it "works" with my home rather than my old one which was either "on" or "off" and needed constant adjusting of the thermostat to try and get an even temperature. I also bought a high quality air cleaning system at the same time because my daughter has health issues. When I bought it, I was told to let the blower run all the time to help with the air flowing through the ducks so that the air will be constantly cleaned for a healthier home. My gas bill went down about 40% and my electric bill for air conditioning also decreased, but the most important was the air cleaning because we have eliminated the visits to the doctor's office. My neighbor also bought this type of furnace before me, so I was clued into how it would work. He uses his air conditioning a lot more than I do, and he says that his electric bill has gone down over 30% since he changed the furnace. I would have no hesitation in recommending this furnace. I know from the dealer that Bryant has been in business since the early 1900's and the furnaces are made in Indiana, so this is an American company with an American workforce and keeping jobs here in the USA. This furnace also qualified for the IRS tax credit of 30% of the price. That was an added bonus.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Edward Franks

"Variable Comfort"
Purchased my Bryant furnace from a company named All Temp. They came out, installed my furnace and I must say that this is by far the most quiet and efficient furnace I've ever owned. The company sold me on how this was such a smooth running furnace. I never thought a furnace could run as quiet but still heat and cool my house so awesome....Hats off to the people that made it.