Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: J. D. C.

"There are lemons once in a while."
I have been reading the reviews posted. And I wonder how many others actually have an issue with their systems? I am writing this because there is always a possibility of getting a "lemon"! I just had to, after 25 years, replace my Bryant A/C system. It was installed in June of 1985 and although there was a couple of times I had to have a service call, the worse being a relay issue both times, I never had my units fail. I just replaced my whole system with a Heil unit to price. Otherwise I would have bought another Bryant. The furnace still worked when it was replaced, but the outside compressor/coil unit was hit with lightning two years ago and that is the only reason it stopped working. Never had an issue with it. I understand that it is frustrating to spend a large sum of money on a unit to have issues with it, but to be so pissed off and tell others that a manufacturers unit is junk is absurd. They are like anything else mechanical, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't. Automobiles are a perfect example! IMO, Bryant is a great unit based on my previous experience. I will have to report on the Heil after it has had some time to be in use.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: J. Lillis

"Bryant Evolution Model 355CAV042060"
After a lot of research, I chose this furnace because it had the high efficiency I was looking for. In addition, it has a variable speed blower for quietness and to help in balancing my home. This furnace has 3 levels of heat output which further increases the efficiency. This way it "works" with my home rather than my old one which was either "on" or "off" and needed constant adjusting of the thermostat to try and get an even temperature. I also bought a high quality air cleaning system at the same time because my daughter has health issues. When I bought it, I was told to let the blower run all the time to help with the air flowing through the ducks so that the air will be constantly cleaned for a healthier home. My gas bill went down about 40% and my electric bill for air conditioning also decreased, but the most important was the air cleaning because we have eliminated the visits to the doctor's office. My neighbor also bought this type of furnace before me, so I was clued into how it would work. He uses his air conditioning a lot more than I do, and he says that his electric bill has gone down over 30% since he changed the furnace. I would have no hesitation in recommending this furnace. I know from the dealer that Bryant has been in business since the early 1900's and the furnaces are made in Indiana, so this is an American company with an American workforce and keeping jobs here in the USA. This furnace also qualified for the IRS tax credit of 30% of the price. That was an added bonus.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Edward Franks

"Variable Comfort"
Purchased my Bryant furnace from a company named All Temp. They came out, installed my furnace and I must say that this is by far the most quiet and efficient furnace I've ever owned. The company sold me on how this was such a smooth running furnace. I never thought a furnace could run as quiet but still heat and cool my house so awesome....Hats off to the people that made it.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Kelli M.

"Bryant Variable Furnace"
I have been very happy with my variable speed high efficient furnace. It is much quieter than my old furnace. My gas bills are considerably lower. I would definitely recommend this furnace to anyone who needs one.

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: George Nicko

"I Bought a Bryant Evolution System"
For over twenty years, I designed HVAC systems for residential customers. I sold Kenmore and other ICP products. Also, I became familiar with and sold may other brands including Trane, Goodman and Janitrol, Payne, Rheem, Carrier and Bryant, Armstrong, as well as others brands. In 2008, I chose for my own home a top-of-the-line Bryant Evolution System. I had a professional installation company install it. It included the 95% Gas Three-Stage Furnace and Two-Stage Heat Pump.

Date created: 2010-03-06 Name: J. Ash
Location: Minnesota

"MDA"
I have been installing the Carrier, Bryant And Payne line of equipment for 10 years in Minnesota. In my area, there are multiple Carrier, Bryant dealers, and the equipment is only as good at the installation (that goes for all brands). With the high efficiency furnaces, there is many considerations to take into account. For instance, if the contractor does not put the furnace in level (I.E. sloped to the back), the condensation can not run out of the heat exchanger (these furnaces alone can put out up to 20 gallons of water per day!). This water is acidic, and will rust out the collection box where the primary and secondary heat exchanger connect. Likewise, if your condensate trap plugs, this will back water up into the heat exchanger resulting in the same issue. When was the last time everybody had there equipment serviced??? The average furnace will run 1,500-2,000 hours per year. If you figured that in miles at 55 mph, that would be around 100,000 miles per year. What do you think would happen to your car if you drove that for 2,3,4, or even 5 year without a professional looking at it???? So whose fault is it that any of the equipment is not running without problems. Look for a contractor with a good reputation (ask for references and call them) one that has nate certified technicians (for Bryant and Carrier, this would get them a Factory Authorized Dealership), never take the low price, and have your equipment serviced every year, and you will have good luck with any equipment that you install.

Date created: 2010-02-24 Name: Todd Phillips

"Conveniently Stops On Coldest Days"
Every year same problem and usually on the coldest day of the year. My maintenance schedule has consistent visits from the repairman every November. By Jan/Feb, they're back to try and keep it running. By far, the worst furnace I have ever had.

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: Adrian
Location: Canada

"Dealer"
I have been an HVAC technician for 16 years and have loved the Carrier/Bryant product since getting into the industry. When I opened my own business, I immediately applied for and received a Bryant dealership. I have replaced one Bryant heat exchanger in the last 3 years and it was without a doubt a crap install by another dealer. Furnace was 20% over sized and duct work was wrong. No matter what the brand if it's installed improperly it will not last! We have put in on average 120 furnaces a year so over the first 2.5 years, we put in almost 300 units. I have had one service call on a unit we installed and it was covered under warranty. In Canada, we only have a few models available but I guarantee all of them for 10 years parts and labour when I sell them without reservation. It's sad to see all the problems going on in the U.S. With them, maybe they need to be more discriminating on who installs their product but in Canada they have done well and continue to do so. When you choose a contractor, make sure you do your research. Adrian Ayotte - owner Reliable Heating and Cooling www.reliableheating.ca

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: G. Myers

"DO NOT Buy A BRYANT FURNACE"
Worst purchase we have ever made. Replaced a 50 year old furnace that had 1 motor go in the 27 years I owned it, with a 80% efficient one that has broken down 4 times in the last 8 years. Always quits on the weekend (twice on a long weekend). This is a rental unit and has cost more money than all my other furnaces. Like a fool, my plumber talked me into another high efficient Bryant furnace when the 20 year old one heat exchanger cracked. Tenants complain all the time about being cold now.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: James Broderick

"Homeowner"
We purchased our Bryant Furnace 8 yrs ago. We just replaced our 4th inducer motor. This is completely not acceptable. I told the service man(he installed the furnace) that next time I will think of a new furnace. The company I'm sure is aware of the problem. Why don't they at least improve on replacement parts? I feel like a Toyota owner. These things should not be allowed to go on. If the furnace is junk, it should sell for a junk price.