Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: YOOPER AL
Location: Sault Sainte Marie, MI

"Buy another brand"
Another winter, another breakdown. Bought new 1/17/07. Heat exchanger had to be changed in Dec 09. 29 Dec 2010 had to replace the seized blower motor. When it works, it heats properly and did somewhat lower my bills compared to the previous furnace. Buts thats the problem - its constantly breaking down. The original dealer that I bought it from went out of business so I have to go to another contractor that doesn't honor the Bryant warranty. BUY SOME OTHER BRAND

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Brent Glaser
Location: Halleck, Nevada

"Bryant 350 MAV High Efficiency"
Furnace worked great for the first 4-5 years. My mom paid $10,000 to install this plus new ductwork. I moved into the house after she passed away just to find the heat exchanger had rusted through. This causes the main burner box to overheat, then the furnace shuts down. Original installer wouldn't call back. Took it apart myself and found the secondary heat exchanger was "rust proofed" by coating the narrow steel passages with plastic. The steel rusted from the moist/cooled/condensing exhaust gasses, then the plastic and rust plugged the exhaust passages creating backpressure that shuts down the furnace. Used propane torch to burn out all plastic, then pressure washer and air to blow out rust pieces. I know this is crazy dangerous, but I'm not in a mood to buy another until I research who makes condensing furnaces that won't rust the secondary heat exchanger quite so fast. Some people make stainless steel heat exchangers for not that much more. So far I've squeezed 3 extra winters of use out of this crappy furnace, but I see the flame color is not a nice blue flame anymore--starting to choke up and burn yellow. DO NOT BUY any high efficiency/condensing furnace that does'nt have a stainless steel heat exchanger!!!

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: MikeButt
Location: Silver Sprin MD

"2 months out of warranty"
Bought a Bryant furnace brand new 5 years and 4 months ago. It must have planned obsolesence. Two major parts are broken now and will cost $1500 plus labor to fix. I called Bryant, which gives you the old sorry out of warranty speech. I am at the point of maybe replacing the furnace because of the fear this is just the tip of the iceberg and will turn into a money pit. So I would not recommend a Bryant ot Carrier system to anyone.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: J. Farpoint
Location: Regina, SK.

"The value of reviews"
To J.D.C.: If someone is "pissed off" with their furnace, that is what this column is for, to tell other people that they are not satisfied with the poor quality of the furnace, etc. that they bought. To see that Bryant (and some other makes) have only a 50% satisfaction rate is outrageous. By chastizing people for warning others about shoddy manufacturer and poor follow-up service by company outlets, it wouldn't surprise me that you are a Bryant dealer or maybe a company rep who is trying to sidetrack the issues.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: R. Wanner
Location: Chicago

"High Efficiency Gas Furnace"
We have a Bryant (Labeled Carrier) 90 % efficient gas furnace. From day one this furnace has been trouble. We joke with our friends that it saves a lot of gas because it always shuts down when it gets really cold outside. Calls to the manufacture have lead no where. AVOID this piece of junk.

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: A Burk
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Plus 90, Junk that needs too many repairs"
Endless repairs that cost more than it would cost to operate an older lower efficiency unit. Design lets birds come into exhaust and build nests in the furnace! Bryant's response was that "you live near wildlife'! Duh..I have birds in my area..wow. Also the main board failed, the igniter failed, the flame sensor failed and on it goes. The igniter is located in a spot that makes it nearly impossible to replace..other brands make it easy. No more Bryant for me! They make the furnaces in my city..too bad I have to buy another brand next time!

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Steve

"Great equipment its your contractors."
I have installed and serviced many Bryant units and while they are a little more compact for the service techs to work in they are amazing systems. From what I have been reading it seems as though proper sizing and installation of these units was failed to be done for paying customers. Completely understandable that there is disatisfaction but I believe it should be directed towards the contractors who are not properly sizing and installing these units. Many contractors " get it done " while ignoring important steps to insure the consumer gets the quality they are paying for.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Terry Carver
Location: Fenton, Missouri

"Terry Carver"
Our Bryant 90 plus & air is around 8 years old. I can't give dates and hadn't thought much about it until I read all the reviews. In the short time we've had this furnace, the igniter has been replaced 3 times, circuit board once and now the fan cage has broken off it's shaft. Three of those times was during the worst part of the winter and it took 3 days to have it repaired. Our old furnace had been here since the late 60's and the only thing I had to do was replace the igniter 2 or 3 times. This unit is junk and not dependable.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: K. Reiners
Location: Hastings, Minnesota

"Bryant Plus 90 short life"
Installed a Bryant Plus90 in 1997. Normal maintenance. A few minor problems until heat exchanger went and furnace needed to be replaced after 13 years. Disappointed in the life span of unit. Would not buy another one.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Sue Steyert
Location: Stewartstown, PA

"Never Had A Problem"
We have not had any problems at all with our furnace. It is 19 years old. It is fairly quiet and warms quite well for a gas furnace. I would buy another Bryant.