Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: J. Farpoint
Location: Regina, SK.

"The value of reviews"
To J.D.C.: If someone is "pissed off" with their furnace, that is what this column is for, to tell other people that they are not satisfied with the poor quality of the furnace, etc. that they bought. To see that Bryant (and some other makes) have only a 50% satisfaction rate is outrageous. By chastizing people for warning others about shoddy manufacturer and poor follow-up service by company outlets, it wouldn't surprise me that you are a Bryant dealer or maybe a company rep who is trying to sidetrack the issues.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: R. Wanner
Location: Chicago

"High Efficiency Gas Furnace"
We have a Bryant (Labeled Carrier) 90 % efficient gas furnace. From day one this furnace has been trouble. We joke with our friends that it saves a lot of gas because it always shuts down when it gets really cold outside. Calls to the manufacture have lead no where. AVOID this piece of junk.

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: A Burk
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Plus 90, Junk that needs too many repairs"
Endless repairs that cost more than it would cost to operate an older lower efficiency unit. Design lets birds come into exhaust and build nests in the furnace! Bryant's response was that "you live near wildlife'! Duh..I have birds in my area..wow. Also the main board failed, the igniter failed, the flame sensor failed and on it goes. The igniter is located in a spot that makes it nearly impossible to replace..other brands make it easy. No more Bryant for me! They make the furnaces in my city..too bad I have to buy another brand next time!

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Steve

"Great equipment its your contractors."
I have installed and serviced many Bryant units and while they are a little more compact for the service techs to work in they are amazing systems. From what I have been reading it seems as though proper sizing and installation of these units was failed to be done for paying customers. Completely understandable that there is disatisfaction but I believe it should be directed towards the contractors who are not properly sizing and installing these units. Many contractors " get it done " while ignoring important steps to insure the consumer gets the quality they are paying for.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: Terry Carver
Location: Fenton, Missouri

"Terry Carver"
Our Bryant 90 plus & air is around 8 years old. I can't give dates and hadn't thought much about it until I read all the reviews. In the short time we've had this furnace, the igniter has been replaced 3 times, circuit board once and now the fan cage has broken off it's shaft. Three of those times was during the worst part of the winter and it took 3 days to have it repaired. Our old furnace had been here since the late 60's and the only thing I had to do was replace the igniter 2 or 3 times. This unit is junk and not dependable.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: K. Reiners
Location: Hastings, Minnesota

"Bryant Plus 90 short life"
Installed a Bryant Plus90 in 1997. Normal maintenance. A few minor problems until heat exchanger went and furnace needed to be replaced after 13 years. Disappointed in the life span of unit. Would not buy another one.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Sue Steyert
Location: Stewartstown, PA

"Never Had A Problem"
We have not had any problems at all with our furnace. It is 19 years old. It is fairly quiet and warms quite well for a gas furnace. I would buy another Bryant.

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: Robert O.
Location: Minnesota

"350mav060120"
120,000btu 90 plus furnace purchased in 1995. Leaves got sucked into intake on 2nd year. Furnace out that night 20 below zero. The following year ready for this and cleaned out intake in late fall. Circuit board blew after 5 years, again in middle of night and below zero. 9 years out secondary heat exchanger goes out. Carbon monoxide kills all plants in the house. We're still alive, not sure how. Apparently there was a recall on the model that we were all neglected to be contacted on. They were apparently waiting for us to report the furnace failure, possibly by coroner's report(?). Corrosion in burners from failure causes flames to be shot onto side of combustion box essentially cutting into the side of the box. Remedy? we were given a couple of hundred dollars to apply to a new BRYANT furnace if we so choose... We chose an electric plenum heater which has saved us a few thousand dollars over lp gas the past 4 years.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: Chris Brunner

"What a headache!!!!!"
My wife and I built our dream house and we got a Bryant ac system the "Evolution System". After looking over the 43 page manual, we still can't figure out how to, just like with the cheesy old thermostat, just turn it on to set temp and turn it off with out reprogramming all the time. If I could, I would scrap the new fangled 20 which way programmable unit for an old style in a heartbeat!! If you don't have a phd in computer science, don't get this unit!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Addie Jackson

"Replacement Parts for Air Cleaner"
Contacted Bryant Corp for a replacement part for my electronic air cleaner. I was told that Bryant replacement parts has to be ordered from a Bryant Distributor by a dealer so I've called 4 dealers in my area who will replace the unit at the tune of $1200.00 but don't have time to order a part. Gonna call Bryant again to see if they can get a dealer to cooperate.