Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-29 Name: Karen Kleist
Location: Mankato, MN

"Model #355CAVO42060FASA"
We have been unhappy with this furnace since the day it was installed. It makes a clicking noise about 12-20 times like you're trying to click on a lighter, then the furnace turns on. When this happens it is so loud we are continually looking in driveway to see if someone is hear with a bad tail pipe on their car or it sounds like a truck is plowing the snow from our driveway. Now when we have been down there doing laundry and the furnace turns on the duct work directly to the side on the furnace starts to shake and make a terrible noise. If I could I would gladly go back to the old furnace that was the size of a small car. It was heating just fine and we originally had Schweickerts over because that furnace started to make a noise - they said it was the ball bearings and they were'nt sure is they could get the parts in. I wish we would have just pressed them to get those parts in. That furnace was heating just fine and you had to actually go over and put your hand on the vent to see if it was running, which we liked. We want to have heat, we don't want to hear it running. In my bedroom I've closed my vent and put a board, then a piece of foam and they something heavier pushing against those two so I don't hear the furnace running. I keep the heat at 62 when we're sleeping, then while my husband and children are getting ready for school it's set at 67, then I set it back to 62 because I don't want to sit and listen to it clcking, and making all kinds of noise. If I get cold I'll put another sweater on or cover with a blanket in a chair. Then when everyone gets home at 5 p.m. it's set to 67 again until 9:45 when it goes back down to 62 while we sleep. It's to the point I want to use a credit card and have this new furnace ripped out and a different brand put in. I would NEVER recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: Adrian Ayotte - Owner Reliable Heating and Cooling

"Top the line furnaces are no good installed poorly"
I am a Bryant dealer near Ottawa Canada. In the last 4 years we have sold over 600 Bryant furnaces. In that time we have had two warranty calls. One being a bad ventor motor that was actually partially the installers fault for using venting too large. All of the problems I have read previously are most likely installer related. To the poster that stated his furnace was overheating, thats not the furnaces fault. The installer has messed up somewhere.
Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Jay Martin
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

"If They Still Make Them Like They Used To..."
I have a home built in 1960, never a real problem with the old Bryant, just the occasional pilot light going out. I e-mailed Bryant on their easy-to-use website the model number, and yep, made in 1960! The thing has performed great, I've had it for over 10 years. I'm replacing it this week, just for peace of mind (I've had multiple CO detectors in the home in case the heat exchanger went). Gas bills? Mine maxed out at $150 here in the coldest Kansas City winters.
Date created: 2011-03-08 Name: Robert Drahnak
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"I would think twice before you buy Bryantt"
My Bryant furnace is only 3 years old. I have had my BRYANT furnace looked at 14 times already. The last repair for the furnace was a complete circuit board replacement. I have call the Bryant office and told them about my ongoing problems with the furnace but they tell me that they have fixed it this time. I live in a brand new development and I have talked to other home owner that have Bryant furnaces. They all stated that they are very unhappy with the product and all the furnaces have needed repairs. Within the first couple of years of operation. I have asked the BRYANT representative to do the right thing and replace my furnace with another unit because this one is defiantly a lemon. Unfortunately they have not excepted responsibility for make a bad product. The only thing I can do at this time is make sure I post my story everywhere I can to make sure I inform as many people that I can. On how poor the BRYANT produce are and direct them to look at other manufacture for they're heating and cooling needs. I wish someone would have told me before I bought one!
Date created: 2011-03-08 Name: Bruce Augusta
Location: Chester N.H.

"Furnace or installation doesn"t matter it became my problem"
My 90 plus Bryant furnace gave me headaches from day one as it was always breaking down it seemed at the start of every heating season. Recently replaced this unit because of a crack in the heat exchanger,which was found by a propane gas technician. This crack caused a high level of carbon monoxide to be emitted into my home,therefore the technician red tagged the furnace and I was forced vacate the premises and replace my furnace immediately,as there was no back up heat source in my home. After 12 years of high maintenance costs,I was informed that the furnace was installed incorrectly.It seems as though the intake air line was reversed and the furnace was always starving for air. I can"t believe this was never detected before considering the amount of times this unit was serviced. I purchased an American Standard furnace because the supposedly dependable Bryant was not very dependable.
Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: J Mich
Location: s elgin Il

"Dont buy a bryant"
Out home was built in 1978 and the original furnace lasted almost 28 years with little or no problem. we had the new supposedly more energy efficient and "better" furnace (Bryant) installed in 2006 and have had to have numerous service calls the latest to replace the blower ($475) It is very poor quality and I can only think the technician got a good markup. We are very disatisfied and would definately NEVER recommend this brand!!
Date created: 2011-02-20 Name: E. Kulish
Location: Beecher, Il. 60401

"Furnace is defective. Received NO response"
I have written to both the Customer Service Dept. and to Mr. Cook in Indianapolis as well as having completed this form before. To date have not had a response. The Inducer motor is defective. We built our new home in July of 2005 and requested Bryant. I believe this should be covered by your warranty, however, I cannot receive any response to my numerous correspondence. If I do not hear shortly, I will take this up with the Chicago Tribune's Problem Solver, which will publish the fact that Bryant does NOT reply to customer's correspondence. I will also contact our Atty General and inform them. Hope to hear from someone. Bryant needs some public/customer relations expertise.
Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: steeler dude
Location: Worthington,OH

"Bryant furnaces suck"
Had Bryant 95% (bs) 353BAV060100 2 stage furnace installed 6/28/2010. It routinely overheats and shuts off w/o reaching set temperature. The limiter that shuts off the furnace has twice failed to reset resulting in no heat and two service calls. The first tech banged the limiter on the floor to free the sticking part. Real high tech fix! We lost electricity due to storm and temperature dropped to 58 deg. It took 12+ hours to recover to 73 deg. after power was restored because the unit shut off every ten minutes. When it is running "properly" the airflow is so low it does not wasrm the more distant rooms. All the energy is being used to heat ductwork that cools because of excessive cycling. I'm told the blowers rate of airflow cannot be adjusted. Now I'm waiting for a Bryant representative. I'm sure he's got a well rehersed spiel as to why it's not the company's fault they produce a product that doesn't heat a house worth a damn. I've already heard the excuse that government regulations cause the problem.
Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Lawrence Kesteloot
Location: Algonac, MI

"Byrant Multi Stage furnace"
I have purchased a Bryant heating and cooling system. I have had nothing but high quality performance along with service. It has been 6 years now and this system is a work horse. I am completly comfortable with my two stage furnace all winter long, and my two speed AC unit is incredible. I had nothing but terrific customer service from my sales call to the last clean and check. Most of you don't realize that 90 plus furnaces need a clean and check every year, if this doesn't happen, it can lead to heat exchangers issues early on. Maintenance is the key with the new wave furnaces, you need a contractor that installs it correctly and manages the system properly. Take extra time when choosing a contractor. Any high end furnace will work terrific, but if you ignore the quality and follow of a the contractor and choose to get complacent with you maintenance, then you will be setting yourself up for some high service bills. Really be extra, extra careful in choosing the contractor. NATE Certified, Esco Certified, BPI Certified, 24 hour 7 Day a week service, A+ Better Business Bureau Rating.
Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Andrew leBoeuf

"Home owner"
Had a Bryant high efficiency furnace install Dec of 2009. The original furnace was a Bryant that had lasted in my home for 22 years, with one blower replacement and the usual furnace cleanings. Have now had the new furnace for over two years and have had no problems. On the coldest days were are comfortable and have saved money on gas also. I will look at Bryant again when its needed.