Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2012-11-21 Name: Dean Oliver
Location: Reno, Nevada

"Furnace is the best ever!"
Just had a Bryant 987m evolution furnace installed in my house along with an evolution thermostat and the system works great. It is so quiet and the house is so much more comfortable than before. Also our gas bill was cut by 40%. I love it! I would suggest on getting three bids from three different contractors. One contractor didn't even offer me this furnace and he was real persistent on me making a decision. The installing contractor was actually the most expensive by 5% but guaranteed me what the system would do or he would take it out and put back in the old system for free! How could I pass on that guarantee!

Date created: 2012-10-30 Name: M Aherne
Location: Calgary, AB

"Bryant Canada has terrible customer service"
I purchased a Bryant high efficiency furnace 4 years ago. It was installed by a certified Bryant installer. The installer did a very poor job at installation. This certified installer is no longer in the country. I now have to have all of his shoddy installation work revised. Bryant Canada should appoint another Certified Installer to properly install my furnace. Bryant Canada will have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it was one of their guys who did the shoddy work and they should pay for the changes needed. I will never purchase another Bryant product again. I am also going to raise the red flag for family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and acquaintances.
Date created: 2012-03-13 Name: J Zutz
Location: Plover, WI

"Heat Exchanger Still Under Warranty!"
I love this furnace. Quiet and efficient. All I've ever done is take it apart for cleaning every 1-2 years. It quit yesterday. After going through the manual step-by-step I still still couldn't figure it out. I finally found a dealer who has over 30yrs experience with these. Long story short... The heat exchanger is plugging up. He said the law suit extended the warranty to 20yrs on these and it would cost $285 for labor to fix this. Thats alot cheaper than a new $5000 furnace! So hopefully everything else holds up because parts for these are very expensive. I look forward to many more years of quiet comfort.
Date created: 2012-02-24 Name: J. Strohman
Location: Louisville, KY

"Old Faithful"
In 2007, my Bryant furnace was estimated to be between 25-30yrs old when I purchased my old 1920's home. Although it was horribly old and was only 60% efficient, I never had a problem with it until this year when the gas valve finally went bad. I will sadly miss this furnace. It kept us incredibly warm.
Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: J Worden
Location: Maryland

"Pathetic"
I am having this clunker serviced for the same problem again. Fan and cycle system malfunction. Let's see how much this service call will run. Cold and shivering again. If there was a lemon law, this unit qualifies.
Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: Don Winters
Location: St. Peter, MN

"Not the furnace....it's the installer!"
If you read the reviews on every brand of furnace you would freeze to death. I am a Bryant dealer in Minnesota. I have not run into any problems so far with any Bryant equipment. Sounds like installer error. You read the same "crap" on every major brand out there. It comes down to the consumer wanting everything for nothing, so contractors try to keep the customer happy...cutting corners where they can to save you money. Install the equipment properly! Bryant has a very high standard and produce high quality equipment. Here's my challenge....let us put in your Bryant equipment...if it has any major problems in the first 10 years we will buy it back. You have to sign up for a pre-paid 10 year service plan to qualify for this deal. a service plan allows us to do the proper maintenance to keep the system running in tip top shape. Call 952-594-1135.
Date created: 2011-08-14 Name: Cathryn
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Bryant has found a way to rip you off more..."
Our electric, variable speed blower motor went out after only 5 years and 2 months of use. After having two technicians check the unit to make sure it was indeed the blower, they proceeded to tell me the unit was just 2 months out of warranty. So besides Bryant only making a product to last barely beyond their warranty, they also manage to rip you off by now making you purchase both the ecm and blower motor together. Previously, they sold the replacement parts separately saving the end- customer a small fortune. On top of the angst of replacing parts that should have worked for at least 10-15 years, the replacement parts are only warrantied for a year. So I'm sure I will be replacing parts in about 13 more months....Pathetic product.
Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: Frank B

"Fair at best."
Unit came with the house. Several times had exhaust problems causing shutoff, but that was due to a poor install; eventually a serviceman fixed it. Other than that, after year 10 it's been a part a year, approx $250-$350 per year in repair costs. (Gas unit) twice igniters. Overall, though it's mostly been there when I needed it.
Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"Once Installed Properly, Very Pleased"
This furnace gave me problems since the start. It seemed to break down ever winter. After several years of paying maintenance fees for this garbage, I was informed that it was installed poorly. After they reversed the tubing that was put in wrong, the machine worked with no qualms. This companies product is of top quality but their workers are an entirely different story. If you plan on purchasing a Bryant make sure to tell the installation men to double check their work.
Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: US LA, firestone park

"Review of my gas furnace...."
I am using this brand's furnace in my personal home since 3 years.... iam very much satisfied with this brand's furnace and its temperature ,functionality,perfect heat and humidity.i like this brand and model because of its efficient working.one thing which i dislike about this band is that its much gas comsuming.but its finishing and standard is of top quality....i never repaired or replaced it because it's working in it's proper way.and yes definitely am goin to recommend this brand and this model to all of my friend's and relatives because i personally tested this model and brand and iam very much contented.thnx for having my openions about my furnace.