Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2012-02-24 Name: J. Strohman
Location: Louisville, KY

"Old Faithful"
In 2007, my Bryant furnace was estimated to be between 25-30yrs old when I purchased my old 1920's home. Although it was horribly old and was only 60% efficient, I never had a problem with it until this year when the gas valve finally went bad. I will sadly miss this furnace. It kept us incredibly warm.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: J Worden
Location: Maryland

"Pathetic"
I am having this clunker serviced for the same problem again. Fan and cycle system malfunction. Let's see how much this service call will run. Cold and shivering again. If there was a lemon law, this unit qualifies.

Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: Don Winters
Location: St. Peter, MN

"Not the furnace....it's the installer!"
If you read the reviews on every brand of furnace you would freeze to death. I am a Bryant dealer in Minnesota. I have not run into any problems so far with any Bryant equipment. Sounds like installer error. You read the same "crap" on every major brand out there. It comes down to the consumer wanting everything for nothing, so contractors try to keep the customer happy...cutting corners where they can to save you money. Install the equipment properly! Bryant has a very high standard and produce high quality equipment. Here's my challenge....let us put in your Bryant equipment...if it has any major problems in the first 10 years we will buy it back. You have to sign up for a pre-paid 10 year service plan to qualify for this deal. a service plan allows us to do the proper maintenance to keep the system running in tip top shape. Call 952-594-1135.

Date created: 2011-08-14 Name: Cathryn
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Bryant has found a way to rip you off more..."
Our electric, variable speed blower motor went out after only 5 years and 2 months of use. After having two technicians check the unit to make sure it was indeed the blower, they proceeded to tell me the unit was just 2 months out of warranty. So besides Bryant only making a product to last barely beyond their warranty, they also manage to rip you off by now making you purchase both the ecm and blower motor together. Previously, they sold the replacement parts separately saving the end- customer a small fortune. On top of the angst of replacing parts that should have worked for at least 10-15 years, the replacement parts are only warrantied for a year. So I'm sure I will be replacing parts in about 13 more months....Pathetic product.

Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: Frank B

"Fair at best."
Unit came with the house. Several times had exhaust problems causing shutoff, but that was due to a poor install; eventually a serviceman fixed it. Other than that, after year 10 it's been a part a year, approx $250-$350 per year in repair costs. (Gas unit) twice igniters. Overall, though it's mostly been there when I needed it.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"Once Installed Properly, Very Pleased"
This furnace gave me problems since the start. It seemed to break down ever winter. After several years of paying maintenance fees for this garbage, I was informed that it was installed poorly. After they reversed the tubing that was put in wrong, the machine worked with no qualms. This companies product is of top quality but their workers are an entirely different story. If you plan on purchasing a Bryant make sure to tell the installation men to double check their work.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: US LA, firestone park

"Review of my gas furnace...."
I am using this brand's furnace in my personal home since 3 years.... iam very much satisfied with this brand's furnace and its temperature ,functionality,perfect heat and humidity.i like this brand and model because of its efficient working.one thing which i dislike about this band is that its much gas comsuming.but its finishing and standard is of top quality....i never repaired or replaced it because it's working in it's proper way.and yes definitely am goin to recommend this brand and this model to all of my friend's and relatives because i personally tested this model and brand and iam very much contented.thnx for having my openions about my furnace.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Name: Karen Kleist
Location: Mankato, MN

"Model #355CAVO42060FASA"
We have been unhappy with this furnace since the day it was installed. It makes a clicking noise about 12-20 times like you're trying to click on a lighter, then the furnace turns on. When this happens it is so loud we are continually looking in driveway to see if someone is hear with a bad tail pipe on their car or it sounds like a truck is plowing the snow from our driveway. Now when we have been down there doing laundry and the furnace turns on the duct work directly to the side on the furnace starts to shake and make a terrible noise. If I could I would gladly go back to the old furnace that was the size of a small car. It was heating just fine and we originally had Schweickerts over because that furnace started to make a noise - they said it was the ball bearings and they were'nt sure is they could get the parts in. I wish we would have just pressed them to get those parts in. That furnace was heating just fine and you had to actually go over and put your hand on the vent to see if it was running, which we liked. We want to have heat, we don't want to hear it running. In my bedroom I've closed my vent and put a board, then a piece of foam and they something heavier pushing against those two so I don't hear the furnace running. I keep the heat at 62 when we're sleeping, then while my husband and children are getting ready for school it's set at 67, then I set it back to 62 because I don't want to sit and listen to it clcking, and making all kinds of noise. If I get cold I'll put another sweater on or cover with a blanket in a chair. Then when everyone gets home at 5 p.m. it's set to 67 again until 9:45 when it goes back down to 62 while we sleep. It's to the point I want to use a credit card and have this new furnace ripped out and a different brand put in. I would NEVER recommend this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: Adrian Ayotte - Owner Reliable Heating and Cooling

"Top the line furnaces are no good installed poorly"
I am a Bryant dealer near Ottawa Canada. In the last 4 years we have sold over 600 Bryant furnaces. In that time we have had two warranty calls. One being a bad ventor motor that was actually partially the installers fault for using venting too large. All of the problems I have read previously are most likely installer related. To the poster that stated his furnace was overheating, thats not the furnaces fault. The installer has messed up somewhere.

Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Jay Martin
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

"If They Still Make Them Like They Used To..."
I have a home built in 1960, never a real problem with the old Bryant, just the occasional pilot light going out. I e-mailed Bryant on their easy-to-use website the model number, and yep, made in 1960! The thing has performed great, I've had it for over 10 years. I'm replacing it this week, just for peace of mind (I've had multiple CO detectors in the home in case the heat exchanger went). Gas bills? Mine maxed out at $150 here in the coldest Kansas City winters.