Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: b krull
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Lasted for 40 years"
Mine is 40 years old this year and still works, but I'm upgrading to a 97%. I hope it lasts half the time, lol.

Date created: 2015-01-22 Name: Brian B
Location: Mercer Island, WA

"Bad equipment from a horrible company"
My furnace worked well for about 6 years. At that point I noticed an awful, propane-like smell (I'm on natural gas) from the exhaust outside my home. During my annual maintenance, the technician noted the heat exchangers were going bad. The authorized dealer said they wouldn't do the repair under Bryant's "lifetime" warranty because they are not fully reimbursed by Bryant. After numerous calls to Bryant verifying the warranty coverage, I finally found a dealer that would do the work (and charge me the $600+ in extra labor charge). Bryant said they would review the extra cost for possible reimbursement. After submitting the dealer's invoice, Bryant is making it even more difficult by requiring a more detailed invoice with a detailed labor breakdown. Bryant clearly has no interest in backing their equipment by supporting their equipment and dealers - doing the right thing. They make it more difficult than any product I have owned to back their warranty. Never buy a Bryant or Carrier product (same company). Your initial pleasure of a warm house will be shattered by equipment with poor design resulting in expensive repairs and a company that won't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: William Thomas
Location: Gainesville, GA

"New install Bryant 925SA Furnace"
Unit installed by Gee Heating, Gainesville, Georgia. A perfect install and a fair price. The unit is quiet and heats better than the old unit. I would buy again.

Date created: 2014-11-11 Name: D.R. Pistoff
Location: Roseville, MN

"Totally inept installers and service"
I purchased this Bryant a few years back and had a very bad experience with the installers. The equipment itself is not the issue. It had performed very well until last spring, when it developed a problem. It would not come up to temperature and start the blower. I called a different service provider. They diagnosed the problem as a circuit board and charged me nearly $500 to replace it. I had to call them back later that same day because it continued to do the same thing. They came back out(no charge) and cut the exhaust pipe to find rocks in the pipe, as well as a negative slope which caused water to condensate in the tube. The tech got a shower when he cut it! They were barely out of the driveway when I caught my dear granddaughter again putting rocks in the tube. They had dumped the rocks right under the tube, too much of a temptation for a three year old. This time I cut the PVC, emptied the rocks myself and installed a mesh in the tube. This fall, when it turned cold, I was on the patio when I heard it gurgling like it was drowning. I was able to determine that another horizontal piece of the pipe had a negative slope to it(near the furnace). I wedged a piece of fence post under the far end of it and watched the water drain out of it for a good two minutes. I can't help but wonder what I paid for. Poor workmanship on the part of both companies. I own several levels and know how to use them.

Date created: 2013-12-13 Name: Don
Location: MN

"JUNK!!!"
Had this furnace (if you want to call it that) installed back in 2004. Every year something goes wrong! Every year! 4-5 igniters, Gas valve! Blower motor noise. I will never ever buy a Carrier or Bryant ever! Big waste of money. Extremely disappointed! I have read so many negatives on this furnace. One would think they would honer a recall because of all the issues with this model. Oh well, live and learn the hard way. I know the best advertising is word of mouth and I will never have a good thing to say about this company.

Date created: 2013-05-04 Name: M. Gene
Location: Dupage County, IL

"Bryant's Come-on Warranty"
20 years ago, I bought this furnace because I thought Bryant was a good reliable brand and it had a lifetime heat exchanger warranty. Every single fall start-up since then, something went wrong and I had to replace something from circuit boards to igniters to motors to flame sensors and almost every other component inside. This winter the heat exchanger sprang a leak. I wrote to Bryant about the warranty but never got a reply. I then called a Bryant dealer who charged me $85 just to confirm that it was an in warranty failure. I was astounded! One day later, I had a new Lennox furnace put into my basement and I've washed my hands of Bryant forever.

Date created: 2013-04-16 Name: H. Kranz
Location: Holland, MI

"Poor Design of Components"
Installed nine years ago. Have had four repairs, one under warranty. Each time it has a defective design of a component. Component replacements working so far, but out of warranty expenses have reached $1100. Can no longer recommend this brand.

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: dlmeyers
Location: pa.

"Warranty"
Warrenty is a farse.

Date created: 2013-01-27 Name: william hardrath
Location: Baker city, OR

"355CAV"
Saved me 200 dollars a month and has run beautifully!

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: Rog Morrow
Location: milwaukee, WI

"Excellent"
Purchased 398aaw036-080 on 1-16-86,hurriedly, -17 degree temperature a 90% efficient, no repairs, only cleaning. After 26 years, pushing my luck, I am, again going to install a Bryant this quarter.