Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2016-03-28 Location: Troutdale, Oregon

"Bryant Furnace Review"
I live in a custom built house that I had built in 2005. The furnace is a Bryant furnace, Model #310AAV042090AAJA, which was a standard option provided by the builder. The house is a 2200 square foot, 2 story house and the furnace has always worked well. I like that it is very quiet and efficient and pushes air out to the entire house very quickly. It was upgradeable, as I was able to add on an A/C unit a year or so after the initial build. The filters are easy to reach and easy to change and are not very expensive. I have not had to do any repairs or replace any parts. If I had to replace it, I would definitely buy the same brand again. I would also recommend this brand to a friend.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Hilliard, Oh

"Great working furnace"
I am happy with my furnace. I have had this furnace for a while. With my previous furnace the house never felt warm. I purchase space heaters and frequently used extra blankets, even when sitting on the couch watching TV. I do not heat my house excessively, rarely heating it to over 70 in the winter. This was a problem for my old furnace. Since the furnace has been replaced I no longer have this issue. When it kicks on for the first time in the winter there is no burning or gas smell that was usual with my old heater. The house is always warm and inviting. I have had it serviced every year but only for preventative maintenance. I would highly recommend this unit to a friend or family and would look for other products made by this manufacturer for future purchases

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Detroit, MI

"We are so pleased with this furnace"
My husband and I bought our home in May and we were told that our furnace looked good and probably wasn't more than ten years old during our inspection. However, once it started to get cooler outside we decided to have a heating and cooling company out to give it a tune-up and a second opinion. The tech that came out told us that our furnace was actually 20 years old, and at this point we were basically running on borrowed time. We made the (very expensive) decision to go ahead and purchase a new furnace before ours died in the dead of winter. After looking at several options we landed on the Bryant 926TA furnace. It is a 96.5% efficiency, two stage furnace...basically the second tier model that was offered. We couldn't be happier with our choice. In the last 3 weeks that we have had it we have noticed that our house feels warmer, even though we always have the thermostat set to the same temperature. It is also so quiet that we don't even notice it is running most of the time! We were told that it has about a 15 year life expectancy but it comes with a 10 year warranty (five years on labor), so even if we do have to repair it I'm not too worried about the cost there. I would most definitely recommend this furnace to a friend.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Sycamore, IL

"Our new furnace, one year later"
Our Bryant furnace was installed last year, new, by the HVAC guy we've used for the past fifteen years and who has done the maintenance on our home's air conditioning and furnace. He recommended it to us, a 2-Stage X13 95 model, as a replacement for the very old but efficient unit we'd had for almost 30 years. The new unit has cost us a bit less on our monthly bills, takes up slightly less space in the basement, and puts out a very nice and warm heat. It also takes less time to come on than our old unit. I would heartily recommend Bryant as a brand and the 2-stage unit specifically. I have no complaints whatsoever about this new unit, after 1 year of use, nor can I complain about our old unit since it lasted with few problems for almost 30 years. I look forward to getting a long life out of the Bryant, and our HVAC guy is convinced we will do so.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Location: Farmington, MN

"Furnace Review"
I've owned my furnace for a little over 2.5 years. I dislike how expensive it was and they told me that it's good for split level houses. That it'll regulate the temperature on each level better than a regular furnace but it doesn't really do that. It's still cold in my basement. I had a 25 year old furnace with a crack in it that I replaced with my current model. I have not had to repair it yet.

Date created: 2015-05-23 Name: Lara
Location: Wisconsin

"Unhappy after 17 months"
Our furnace will turn on, but will not stay on. We've had two pressure switches replaced in two weeks, and it still won't stay on. We've had all the drainage hoses cleaned out, but the inducer still gurgles with water. Read this thread at an HVAC talk website: hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.phy?1687911-Calling-all-Bryant-Carrier- Guys and you will see that this is a common problem, there is no fix and Bryant doesn't seem to give a damn.

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: b krull
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Lasted for 40 years"
Mine is 40 years old this year and still works, but I'm upgrading to a 97%. I hope it lasts half the time, lol.

Date created: 2015-01-22 Name: Brian B
Location: Mercer Island, WA

"Bad equipment from a horrible company"
My furnace worked well for about 6 years. At that point I noticed an awful, propane-like smell (I'm on natural gas) from the exhaust outside my home. During my annual maintenance, the technician noted the heat exchangers were going bad. The authorized dealer said they wouldn't do the repair under Bryant's "lifetime" warranty because they are not fully reimbursed by Bryant. After numerous calls to Bryant verifying the warranty coverage, I finally found a dealer that would do the work (and charge me the $600+ in extra labor charge). Bryant said they would review the extra cost for possible reimbursement. After submitting the dealer's invoice, Bryant is making it even more difficult by requiring a more detailed invoice with a detailed labor breakdown. Bryant clearly has no interest in backing their equipment by supporting their equipment and dealers - doing the right thing. They make it more difficult than any product I have owned to back their warranty. Never buy a Bryant or Carrier product (same company). Your initial pleasure of a warm house will be shattered by equipment with poor design resulting in expensive repairs and a company that won't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: William Thomas
Location: Gainesville, GA

"New install Bryant 925SA Furnace"
Unit installed by Gee Heating, Gainesville, Georgia. A perfect install and a fair price. The unit is quiet and heats better than the old unit. I would buy again.

Date created: 2014-11-11 Name: D.R. Pistoff
Location: Roseville, MN

"Totally inept installers and service"
I purchased this Bryant a few years back and had a very bad experience with the installers. The equipment itself is not the issue. It had performed very well until last spring, when it developed a problem. It would not come up to temperature and start the blower. I called a different service provider. They diagnosed the problem as a circuit board and charged me nearly $500 to replace it. I had to call them back later that same day because it continued to do the same thing. They came back out(no charge) and cut the exhaust pipe to find rocks in the pipe, as well as a negative slope which caused water to condensate in the tube. The tech got a shower when he cut it! They were barely out of the driveway when I caught my dear granddaughter again putting rocks in the tube. They had dumped the rocks right under the tube, too much of a temptation for a three year old. This time I cut the PVC, emptied the rocks myself and installed a mesh in the tube. This fall, when it turned cold, I was on the patio when I heard it gurgling like it was drowning. I was able to determine that another horizontal piece of the pipe had a negative slope to it(near the furnace). I wedged a piece of fence post under the far end of it and watched the water drain out of it for a good two minutes. I can't help but wonder what I paid for. Poor workmanship on the part of both companies. I own several levels and know how to use them.