Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2013-12-13 Name: Don
Location: MN

"JUNK!!!"
Had this furnace (if you want to call it that) installed back in 2004. Every year something goes wrong! Every year! 4-5 igniters, Gas valve! Blower motor noise. I will never ever buy a Carrier or Bryant ever! Big waste of money. Extremely disappointed! I have read so many negatives on this furnace. One would think they would honer a recall because of all the issues with this model. Oh well, live and learn the hard way. I know the best advertising is word of mouth and I will never have a good thing to say about this company.

Date created: 2013-05-04 Name: M. Gene
Location: Dupage County, IL

"Bryant's Come-on Warranty"
20 years ago, I bought this furnace because I thought Bryant was a good reliable brand and it had a lifetime heat exchanger warranty. Every single fall start-up since then, something went wrong and I had to replace something from circuit boards to igniters to motors to flame sensors and almost every other component inside. This winter the heat exchanger sprang a leak. I wrote to Bryant about the warranty but never got a reply. I then called a Bryant dealer who charged me $85 just to confirm that it was an in warranty failure. I was astounded! One day later, I had a new Lennox furnace put into my basement and I've washed my hands of Bryant forever.

Date created: 2013-04-16 Name: H. Kranz
Location: Holland, MI

"Poor Design of Components"
Installed nine years ago. Have had four repairs, one under warranty. Each time it has a defective design of a component. Component replacements working so far, but out of warranty expenses have reached $1100. Can no longer recommend this brand.

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: dlmeyers
Location: pa.

"Warranty"
Warrenty is a farse.

Date created: 2013-01-27 Name: william hardrath
Location: Baker city, OR

"355CAV"
Saved me 200 dollars a month and has run beautifully!

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: Rog Morrow
Location: milwaukee, WI

"Excellent"
Purchased 398aaw036-080 on 1-16-86,hurriedly, -17 degree temperature a 90% efficient, no repairs, only cleaning. After 26 years, pushing my luck, I am, again going to install a Bryant this quarter.

Date created: 2012-12-07 Name: Dwight Russell
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Satisfied Customer"
I upgraded from an 80% efficient furnace to the Bryant model named above. The new furnace is much quieter and keeps the house warmer than the old one. I used Moore Heating and Air Conditioning for the installation and they redid all the ducting upsizing the 3 lines from 6 inches to 8 inches ducts.

Date created: 2012-11-23 Name: M Verhoeven
Location: Regina SK

"986TA"
Installers were very efficient, went about doing their job very quickly. It is quiet and don't notice when heat is called for. We run the fan constantly. Ask me in a few years what I think of the furnace, but presently I am very satisfied.

Date created: 2012-11-21 Name: Dean Oliver
Location: Reno, Nevada

"Furnace is the best ever!"
Just had a Bryant 987m evolution furnace installed in my house along with an evolution thermostat and the system works great. It is so quiet and the house is so much more comfortable than before. Also our gas bill was cut by 40%. I love it! I would suggest on getting three bids from three different contractors. One contractor didn't even offer me this furnace and he was real persistent on me making a decision. The installing contractor was actually the most expensive by 5% but guaranteed me what the system would do or he would take it out and put back in the old system for free! How could I pass on that guarantee!

Date created: 2012-10-30 Name: M Aherne
Location: Calgary, AB

"Bryant Canada has terrible customer service"
I purchased a Bryant high efficiency furnace 4 years ago. It was installed by a certified Bryant installer. The installer did a very poor job at installation. This certified installer is no longer in the country. I now have to have all of his shoddy installation work revised. Bryant Canada should appoint another Certified Installer to properly install my furnace. Bryant Canada will have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it was one of their guys who did the shoddy work and they should pay for the changes needed. I will never purchase another Bryant product again. I am also going to raise the red flag for family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and acquaintances.