Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2007-09-18 Name: Sam
Location: Buffalo

I own a Bryant 80% Gas Furnace with peizo-electric ignitor. It's in service a a rental property. The only service call in 14 years, was to have a serviceman wire-brush the ignitor. Other than that its run perfectly. I also own a Heil 80% Furnace which needed a $400 gas valve after 5 years. I realize that Heil and Bryant are made by Carrier, but I consider the Bryant to be superior. I am skeptical of Heil, and they have a dubious reputation amongst installers.

Date created: 2007-03-29 Name: L Reeder
Location: Middletown, OH

Have owned a Bryant 355 for 8 years now. Other then changing filters Have never had the front door off. My only regret is buying a 10 year Parts & Labor warranty which I will never use. I hope it breaks soon.

Date created: 2007-03-10 Name: S. Polizzi
Location: Northern Illinois

Upgraded from 40 year old furnace to 80% efficient. Absolutely no cost savings per therm used. Comfort level questionable. Also affects the AC which now is causing too much moisture in basement, and a mildew problem.

Date created: 2007-01-20 Name: M, Strain
Location: British

Problems from the get go with moisture/condensation/corrosion. Had to replace the board after 5 yrs. Recently stopped working and repair man said it was to corroded/rusted to fix and I need a new furnace. Have had a few quotes and have been told by some that it is the installation that caused the problem. I don't know if this is true or not. It was installed by a Bryant approved distributor. I have written to Bryant as I expected the furnace to last at least 20 yrs and asked if they would give me a credit towards a new Bryant. I have not had a reply (not that I really expected one). Do they really think word of mouth (good or bad) doesn't count?