Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2017-03-09 Name: d. smith
Location: Olive Branch, MS

"Gas saving furnace"
I had Mitch Wright Plumbing Heating and Air put in a Bryant 926t 2 stage heat variable speed furnace and could not be happier with the heat output and the low air noise. I would recommend to anyone Mitch Wright and Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2017-01-26 Name: Julie Markkanen
Location: Canton, CT

"Lemon useless warranty"
The warranty is a hoax and the product sucks. The dealer promised that the two fan speeds that are part of this unit's design would offer efficiency, longevity, and quiet operation. First, it never was quieter than our old 30 year old Lennox we replaced switching from oil to propane. Longevity? It is completely malfunctioning at only 4 years old when our last furnace never broke down in its 30 year run! Diagnosis has been a nightmare. We called the installer when we began smelling burning plastic from all vents. They charged $240 to examine it, never informing that this unit can't be diagnosed per warranty without codes flashing from a little light at base of unit. No diagnosis, no apology, no commitment to diagnose at reduced cost as symptoms worsen since we already paid. It took three tries, three different companies to get a diagnosis: blown control panel, blown motor fan. The company is making us pay for the labor of repairs before they will even order the parts from Bryant--owned by Carrier. They don't get reimbursed by Bryant until the damaged parts arrive at factory and are examined. No authorized dealers will carry the temporary cost for warrantied parts so they pass the cost on to the customer in the form of "labor costs" which the warranty doesn't cover. The repair guy said time for repairs will be 45 minutes. Cost for labor? $600! We had to pay over the phone today for the "labor" but got no promise of timeline for installation. Total cost for diagnosis and predicted repairs so far? $1000! Only four years in, this is a nightmare!

Date created: 2017-01-11 Name: SdW
Location: Clinton Township, MI

"Excellent system"
My Bryant Plus 80t Perfect Heat system was installed in 2003 and it works perfectly today. I have two Spring and Fall inspections per year and I have only spent about $300.00 total in repair costs each for the heating and cooling systems since it was installed. It's going on 14 years of age and still working great.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Dominic Godbout
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Three new motors in 4 years"
What more can I say? Moving onto fan motor replacement no. 4, but now after warranty. Bryant Customer Relations Rep Stephany says now the onus is on me. The most they will do from here on is offer telephone technical support if I chose to have motor no. 4 installed. Are they saying their pre-approved repair people in my area didn't know how to install a simple blower fan? Oh and by the way I live in the Pacific Northwest. We have the mildest winters on the continent. So for now, I'm heating my home with a portable heater, which luckily for myself as a Bryant furnace owner, is doing a reasonable job. However this is June!

Date created: 2016-06-13 Name: Caseman
Location: Lincoln, IL

"Not a good long term purchase"
I purchased this unit in 1998. Had the air conditioner compressor replaced under warranty and just purchased a new compressor in 2014. That's three compressors in 16 years. Also replaced the blower motor and capacitor along with the TXV valve and filter dryer in 2014. The Puron has escape over the winter of 2014 and again in 2015. Now the A-coil is leaking. Someone mentioned a gas smell in the exhaust, mine does that too. I have not tried for a new heat exchanger as my service person says my heat exchanger is fine. Anyway I have spent 80% on my purchase price in 1998 through June of 2016. So in 18 years I have paid almost twice for it. Therefore my position is the product is unreliable and prone to need repair. I do not recommend Bryant.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Harrisburg, PA

"My Furnace Is Always Hot"
I have had my furnace for about 3 years now. I am somewhat satisfied with it because it does a very nice job heating up, but sometimes I feel as though it could produce more heat and that it is lacking. I'm not sure if something is blocking the way or what is going on but I might have to get it checked out soon. I have never had to repair or replace it yet, which is nice, but like I said I might have to soon get it repaired because the power to heat is starting to lack. I would buy from the same brand again, maybe just a different model though because it seems as though this one just isn't built to last. They salesman said we could get at least 10 years out of it and it's only been 3, however I do think they are very sturdy and reliable which is why I said I would still buy from Bryant.

Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: Greensboro, NC

"Solid Furnace Keeps on Humming"
I've owned my Bryant for over 4 years. I've had it looked at by my brother-in-law numerous times. It hums nicely during our winters, but requires maintenance after every season. Nothing too serious, but all of a sudden it can get pretty cold and I found myself on the phone talking furnace multiple times. My favorite thing about it is actually the gentle noise it makes at night. Helps me sleep, haha! But as for productivity, my Bryant does its job. My gas bill is never that bad either, so it's an efficient gas model.

Date created: 2016-03-28 Location: Troutdale, Oregon

"Bryant Furnace Review"
I live in a custom built house that I had built in 2005. The furnace is a Bryant furnace, Model #310AAV042090AAJA, which was a standard option provided by the builder. The house is a 2200 square foot, 2 story house and the furnace has always worked well. I like that it is very quiet and efficient and pushes air out to the entire house very quickly. It was upgradeable, as I was able to add on an A/C unit a year or so after the initial build. The filters are easy to reach and easy to change and are not very expensive. I have not had to do any repairs or replace any parts. If I had to replace it, I would definitely buy the same brand again. I would also recommend this brand to a friend.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Hilliard, Oh

"Great working furnace"
I am happy with my furnace. I have had this furnace for a while. With my previous furnace the house never felt warm. I purchase space heaters and frequently used extra blankets, even when sitting on the couch watching TV. I do not heat my house excessively, rarely heating it to over 70 in the winter. This was a problem for my old furnace. Since the furnace has been replaced I no longer have this issue. When it kicks on for the first time in the winter there is no burning or gas smell that was usual with my old heater. The house is always warm and inviting. I have had it serviced every year but only for preventative maintenance. I would highly recommend this unit to a friend or family and would look for other products made by this manufacturer for future purchases

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Detroit, MI

"We are so pleased with this furnace"
My husband and I bought our home in May and we were told that our furnace looked good and probably wasn't more than ten years old during our inspection. However, once it started to get cooler outside we decided to have a heating and cooling company out to give it a tune-up and a second opinion. The tech that came out told us that our furnace was actually 20 years old, and at this point we were basically running on borrowed time. We made the (very expensive) decision to go ahead and purchase a new furnace before ours died in the dead of winter. After looking at several options we landed on the Bryant 926TA furnace. It is a 96.5% efficiency, two stage furnace...basically the second tier model that was offered. We couldn't be happier with our choice. In the last 3 weeks that we have had it we have noticed that our house feels warmer, even though we always have the thermostat set to the same temperature. It is also so quiet that we don't even notice it is running most of the time! We were told that it has about a 15 year life expectancy but it comes with a 10 year warranty (five years on labor), so even if we do have to repair it I'm not too worried about the cost there. I would most definitely recommend this furnace to a friend.