Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Dominic Godbout
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Three new motors in 4 years"
What more can I say? Moving onto fan motor replacement no. 4, but now after warranty. Bryant Customer Relations Rep Stephany says now the onus is on me. The most they will do from here on is offer telephone technical support if I chose to have motor no. 4 installed. Are they saying their pre-approved repair people in my area didn't know how to install a simple blower fan? Oh and by the way I live in the Pacific Northwest. We have the mildest winters on the continent. So for now, I'm heating my home with a portable heater, which luckily for myself as a Bryant furnace owner, is doing a reasonable job. However this is June!

Date created: 2016-06-13 Name: Caseman
Location: Lincoln, IL

"Not a good long term purchase"
I purchased this unit in 1998. Had the air conditioner compressor replaced under warranty and just purchased a new compressor in 2014. That's three compressors in 16 years. Also replaced the blower motor and capacitor along with the TXV valve and filter dryer in 2014. The Puron has escape over the winter of 2014 and again in 2015. Now the A-coil is leaking. Someone mentioned a gas smell in the exhaust, mine does that too. I have not tried for a new heat exchanger as my service person says my heat exchanger is fine. Anyway I have spent 80% on my purchase price in 1998 through June of 2016. So in 18 years I have paid almost twice for it. Therefore my position is the product is unreliable and prone to need repair. I do not recommend Bryant.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Harrisburg, PA

"My Furnace Is Always Hot"
I have had my furnace for about 3 years now. I am somewhat satisfied with it because it does a very nice job heating up, but sometimes I feel as though it could produce more heat and that it is lacking. I'm not sure if something is blocking the way or what is going on but I might have to get it checked out soon. I have never had to repair or replace it yet, which is nice, but like I said I might have to soon get it repaired because the power to heat is starting to lack. I would buy from the same brand again, maybe just a different model though because it seems as though this one just isn't built to last. They salesman said we could get at least 10 years out of it and it's only been 3, however I do think they are very sturdy and reliable which is why I said I would still buy from Bryant.

Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: Greensboro, NC

"Solid Furnace Keeps on Humming"
I've owned my Bryant for over 4 years. I've had it looked at by my brother-in-law numerous times. It hums nicely during our winters, but requires maintenance after every season. Nothing too serious, but all of a sudden it can get pretty cold and I found myself on the phone talking furnace multiple times. My favorite thing about it is actually the gentle noise it makes at night. Helps me sleep, haha! But as for productivity, my Bryant does its job. My gas bill is never that bad either, so it's an efficient gas model.

Date created: 2016-03-28 Location: Troutdale, Oregon

"Bryant Furnace Review"
I live in a custom built house that I had built in 2005. The furnace is a Bryant furnace, Model #310AAV042090AAJA, which was a standard option provided by the builder. The house is a 2200 square foot, 2 story house and the furnace has always worked well. I like that it is very quiet and efficient and pushes air out to the entire house very quickly. It was upgradeable, as I was able to add on an A/C unit a year or so after the initial build. The filters are easy to reach and easy to change and are not very expensive. I have not had to do any repairs or replace any parts. If I had to replace it, I would definitely buy the same brand again. I would also recommend this brand to a friend.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Hilliard, Oh

"Great working furnace"
I am happy with my furnace. I have had this furnace for a while. With my previous furnace the house never felt warm. I purchase space heaters and frequently used extra blankets, even when sitting on the couch watching TV. I do not heat my house excessively, rarely heating it to over 70 in the winter. This was a problem for my old furnace. Since the furnace has been replaced I no longer have this issue. When it kicks on for the first time in the winter there is no burning or gas smell that was usual with my old heater. The house is always warm and inviting. I have had it serviced every year but only for preventative maintenance. I would highly recommend this unit to a friend or family and would look for other products made by this manufacturer for future purchases

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Detroit, MI

"We are so pleased with this furnace"
My husband and I bought our home in May and we were told that our furnace looked good and probably wasn't more than ten years old during our inspection. However, once it started to get cooler outside we decided to have a heating and cooling company out to give it a tune-up and a second opinion. The tech that came out told us that our furnace was actually 20 years old, and at this point we were basically running on borrowed time. We made the (very expensive) decision to go ahead and purchase a new furnace before ours died in the dead of winter. After looking at several options we landed on the Bryant 926TA furnace. It is a 96.5% efficiency, two stage furnace...basically the second tier model that was offered. We couldn't be happier with our choice. In the last 3 weeks that we have had it we have noticed that our house feels warmer, even though we always have the thermostat set to the same temperature. It is also so quiet that we don't even notice it is running most of the time! We were told that it has about a 15 year life expectancy but it comes with a 10 year warranty (five years on labor), so even if we do have to repair it I'm not too worried about the cost there. I would most definitely recommend this furnace to a friend.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Sycamore, IL

"Our new furnace, one year later"
Our Bryant furnace was installed last year, new, by the HVAC guy we've used for the past fifteen years and who has done the maintenance on our home's air conditioning and furnace. He recommended it to us, a 2-Stage X13 95 model, as a replacement for the very old but efficient unit we'd had for almost 30 years. The new unit has cost us a bit less on our monthly bills, takes up slightly less space in the basement, and puts out a very nice and warm heat. It also takes less time to come on than our old unit. I would heartily recommend Bryant as a brand and the 2-stage unit specifically. I have no complaints whatsoever about this new unit, after 1 year of use, nor can I complain about our old unit since it lasted with few problems for almost 30 years. I look forward to getting a long life out of the Bryant, and our HVAC guy is convinced we will do so.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Location: Farmington, MN

"Furnace Review"
I've owned my furnace for a little over 2.5 years. I dislike how expensive it was and they told me that it's good for split level houses. That it'll regulate the temperature on each level better than a regular furnace but it doesn't really do that. It's still cold in my basement. I had a 25 year old furnace with a crack in it that I replaced with my current model. I have not had to repair it yet.

Date created: 2015-05-23 Name: Lara
Location: Wisconsin

"Unhappy after 17 months"
Our furnace will turn on, but will not stay on. We've had two pressure switches replaced in two weeks, and it still won't stay on. We've had all the drainage hoses cleaned out, but the inducer still gurgles with water. Read this thread at an HVAC talk website: hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.phy?1687911-Calling-all-Bryant-Carrier- Guys and you will see that this is a common problem, there is no fix and Bryant doesn't seem to give a damn.