Consumer Reviews of Broan furnaces

Read more about Broan furnaces

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: Jim McC
Location: LaVale, Md.

"Very noisy Broan furnace"
The motor to vent the exhaust gases in this furnace is very loud. It's been in for 1 year & 1 month. Had the contractor who installed it out to check it. He says this noise is "normal". Wow! Let me emphasize loud...extremely loud. I'll never never own another one of these.

Date created: 2016-03-05 Name: Jack Jozwiak
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

"Relays burning"
We purchased a 5 year old home. This furnace was originally installed with the house. Almost 1 full year into living in our new home we get a surprise bill, electrical overage bill of $1900. This is above what we've paid for the whole year in electrical. Turns out 2 of the relay switches burnt completely to the point where it could've burnt the house down. Free paying the electrical bill and $200 repair bill from our electrical guy. Now just up to a couple weeks ago I've noticed our house is much warmer than the setting on the thermostat. Again, the heater element is not shutting off due to another one of the original switches burning out. Again, another higher electrical bill. Becoming very frustrated and concerned with the quality of our furnace. This is supposed to be one of the top of the line models. Can anyone tell me if there are any recalls issued? My next point of action is to contact Broan again to get this resolved after they refused to take ownership of the original problem.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: Bert Klipper
Location: Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada

"Noisy fan"
I had my Broan electric furnace replaced on warranty. I loved it, it was quiet and worked well, but then it overheated the elements and melted the wires. Broan did replace it, but the new furnace is very loud when it starts. It goes to a lower speed where it's quiet, but then ends on high speed. It sounds like we're in a blast furnace and wakes us at night. The furnace guy says that's normal, but other guys in the business say that it's not. Any ideas before I have to pay for a new furnace?

Date created: 2014-09-08 Name: Aaron
Location: Hagerstown, MD

"Great unit"
Replaced a 2005 Ruud that was failing every year. Got the furnace and AC two stage, love it! Installers were great. I was having issues cooling the upstairs so they ran new duct, and the upstairs is as cool as the downstairs now with a furnace that is 40k BTU smaller!

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Celesta

"Worst Furnace ever"
Thanks to your furnace, my 83-year-old parents, who are both sick, are staying in a hotel tonight. Their furnace is only 3 years old and this is the second time in a week it stopped working. It's under warranty, but the labor is costing them!! Your certified repairman have no clue what's wrong...they live in Ohio...it's 7 degrees outside and 55 in the house. replace it for free!!

Date created: 2012-04-20 Name: Wayne
Location: Indiana

"Contractor"
I am a owner of a hvac company and what we are seeing right now it is the big companies are putting out a terrible product. Better off with a Broan which is a nordyne product I see nothing but a good product here. I used to be an armstrong dealer but just like Lennox, carrier, goodman, Amana these companies are putting out garbage in my opinion.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: jason
Location: cincinnati ohio

"What a joke"
This is your # 1 rated furnace and the only reason is that only one person reviewed it you should take your site down . this info is no useful at all

Date created: 2010-03-18 Name: T. K.

"Broan High Efficiency Furnace Newly Installed And Very Happy"
My wife and I were dreading having to replace our furnace. Although we've never had to put much into our old furnace, the heat exchanger was bad so it was time to change it out. We looked into a number of contractors and brands. We settled on Broan because we liked the contractor that came in and told us about the product. I looked on-line and couldn't find any reviews which is why I decided to write one. We are extremely pleased with the furnace. It is whisper quiet and delivers nice heat to all areas of the house. We added an air cleaner and humidifier as well which seem to help. The price was right with the tax credits and it shows in our utility bill as well.