Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2008-04-21 Name: Brian McDougall
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada

I have been installing Armstrong furnaces (mainly the 95% condensing units- for over 12 years - we were a lennox dealer before - I have never found a product that comes close to this manufacturer. I have almost no warranty or failures with Armstrong - but if the contractor is not able to set up or install properly you will have problems - the one thread about changing a gas valve five times seems strange and - You pick the contractor - Don't always blame the product- I have done warranty work for over 10 manufactures making all kinds of products - and the one thing that is common is less than 3% is a manufactures problem over 95% is a installation problem. If there was a better product out there I would be buying and installing it - It is not cost with us it is dependability and comfort. We are 20 to 60% higher than our competation and there is a reason not just charging more -we are most likely making less than them. but I have 100% happy and satisfied customers with the Armstrong product. anyone having a furnace problem or question can email me at [email protected]

Date created: 2008-03-12 Name: Jerry Smiley
Location: Bellefonte, PA

There were a lot of problems with initial installation and the furnace was completely replaced at one point. Performance was erratic, especially when outside temperatures were at their lowest. Authorized dealer was unable to resolve. Recently a circuit card failed dramatically -- I thought the house was on fire. Since then, dealer has replaced the gas valve five times, circuit card at least twice, and a power supply based on advise of Armstrong and Honeywell (maker of gas valve). Furnace keeps failing. Dealer also blamed electric company, but Electric Co. measurements over 28 hours showed only minimal voltage swings and a surge detector installed by dealer showed no such variation. Contacts to Armstrong (via their website) and to Lennox (in writing to heaquarters) were ignored. I have been without the use of my furnace for five weeks now and no relief in sight.

Date created: 2008-02-21 Name: Greg S.
Location: Mpls, MN

My armstrong ultra sx 80 has been terrific. had it for over 8 yrs now, never had a single problem with it. after reading other reviews, i wonder if the quality of the installation wasnt the problem.

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: Jack Gabalski
Location: Worthington, OH

I bought this house (built in 1942) eight years ago, after the inspection said the furnace was fine. I believe it is the original installed furnace. I have had no problems with it so far except to replace a motor belt that was frayed. $10 part! Except for probably being quite inneficient, I have no reason to replace this furnace. Does anyone know if there is a website to find the age of a furnace with the serial/model number reference?

Date created: 2008-01-17 Name: R. Thatcher
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota

Furnace was five years old when we bought the house. First winter the heat manifold cracked, had it fixed. Now winter of 2007-2008 manifold cracked again and the blower had a meltdown.To fix the mess is close to $900. Not going to fix it, will spend the $2k - $4k to replace it with a different maker. I now know which furnace to never buy. What a piece of @#%*.

Date created: 2008-01-15 Name: J.Slaughter
Location: Calgary, Canada

What a piece of work my Armstrong Mark IV furnace is! I have had over $1000.00 worth of repairs on this thing in the last year and it is screwed up again! Instead of continuing to fix it I am going to replace it asap, cannot believe I thought because it was owned by Lennox it would be a good furnace...was I wrong. I truly wasted my hard earned cash on this furnace and will not be going with a Lennox product.