Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: martinez

"Armstrong"
I've been in my house for 11 years, have never had any trouble with my furnace. It is original to the house (40 years old). Very good unit

Date created: 2009-09-17 Name: w. buffet

"I'l buy another"
My home came with to high efficiency trane furnaces and air conditioners. they seemed to break every winter, over and over. they were expensive to operate and extremely noisey. two years ago I decided to upgrade my downstairs system after almost seven years of frustration. I checked out carrier, amana, lennox, and even trane. I was impressed with lennox and was about to buy that. my carrier dealer told me about the relationship between lennox and armstrong. they compaired almost exactly the same and they were almost $2000.00 less. now I couldn't be happier so i've come back to replace my other system with the same. my dealer has lowered his price even more because of the slow economy. this may be the best investment I ever made.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: williamson

"Best unit out there"
We took out an old carrier unit that was really loud and replaced it with a armstrong 95% efficient furnace witha variable speed blower great on my bills, very quiet and was installed by a very good company the price was also ok

Date created: 2008-10-29 Name: Joe Hoitenga
Location: Williamsport, IN

"Joe"
The only problem I have ever had with my Armstrong Ultra sx90 was having to replace the evaporator coil after it developed pin holes. I have had Armstrong furnaces in two of my rentals and the only problem with one of them was to replace a circuit board after a flood. I replaced it myself. I highly recommend Armstrong.

Date created: 2008-06-22 Name: J. Stangel
Location: Bend, OR

"Installer"
I installed a 93% efficient furnace coupled with a 14 seer A/C. Both pieces of equipment function great with no problems. Both operate with minimal noise. I would use Armstrong in my next house.

Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: Leah Cowles
Location: Black River, NY

I had this unit installed by the leading heating company in our area. He did a complete manual j and sized the furnace. The new unit was almost 1/2 half the size of the furnace they took out. It has been trouble free and very quiet. Very quiet and dependable. No issues.

Date created: 2008-04-21 Name: Brian McDougall
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada

I have been installing Armstrong furnaces (mainly the 95% condensing units- for over 12 years - we were a lennox dealer before - I have never found a product that comes close to this manufacturer. I have almost no warranty or failures with Armstrong - but if the contractor is not able to set up or install properly you will have problems - the one thread about changing a gas valve five times seems strange and - You pick the contractor - Don't always blame the product- I have done warranty work for over 10 manufactures making all kinds of products - and the one thing that is common is less than 3% is a manufactures problem over 95% is a installation problem. If there was a better product out there I would be buying and installing it - It is not cost with us it is dependability and comfort. We are 20 to 60% higher than our competation and there is a reason not just charging more -we are most likely making less than them. but I have 100% happy and satisfied customers with the Armstrong product. anyone having a furnace problem or question can email me at brian@pacificgas.ca

Date created: 2008-03-12 Name: Jerry Smiley
Location: Bellefonte, PA

There were a lot of problems with initial installation and the furnace was completely replaced at one point. Performance was erratic, especially when outside temperatures were at their lowest. Authorized dealer was unable to resolve. Recently a circuit card failed dramatically -- I thought the house was on fire. Since then, dealer has replaced the gas valve five times, circuit card at least twice, and a power supply based on advise of Armstrong and Honeywell (maker of gas valve). Furnace keeps failing. Dealer also blamed electric company, but Electric Co. measurements over 28 hours showed only minimal voltage swings and a surge detector installed by dealer showed no such variation. Contacts to Armstrong (via their website) and to Lennox (in writing to heaquarters) were ignored. I have been without the use of my furnace for five weeks now and no relief in sight.

Date created: 2008-02-21 Name: Greg S.
Location: Mpls, MN

My armstrong ultra sx 80 has been terrific. had it for over 8 yrs now, never had a single problem with it. after reading other reviews, i wonder if the quality of the installation wasnt the problem.

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: Jack Gabalski
Location: Worthington, OH

I bought this house (built in 1942) eight years ago, after the inspection said the furnace was fine. I believe it is the original installed furnace. I have had no problems with it so far except to replace a motor belt that was frayed. $10 part! Except for probably being quite inneficient, I have no reason to replace this furnace. Does anyone know if there is a website to find the age of a furnace with the serial/model number reference?