Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: P. Doherty

"Not impressed with rooftop unit"
Rooftop/outdoor unit rusted away like Swiss cheese by year 8.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: C. Janczak

"12 YEARS OLD AND OUT!!"
Imagine my surprise when my HVAC tech (who installed this system) informed me that my heat exchanger was rusting out. He showed me the areas in question and refused to service/clean the furnace for fear of creating a worse safety hazard than what exists now. The heat exchanger is covered under warranty but will be installed for $700.00! Through no fault of my own, I'm in the situation of forking over 700 bucks or consider a new furnace. Armstrong rep said no help with cost of labor. Nada. Nothing! Will my new furnace be an armstrong? Not!

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: Charles White
Location: Montana

"Nice in cozy in Montana"
I had an Armstrong 91% Ultra V installed in my house after having an Armstrong run there for 20 years. I decided to replace my old furnace with a higher efficiency furnace due to gas prices rising. I have never been happier. My old furnace actually heats my garage now as there were no problems with it and the new Armstrong furnace has been more then I could have expected. I recommend Armstrong to anyone I know as it has been trouble-free since day one. Great Furnace! We see a lot of cold days in Montana and Armstrong has been keeping my family warm from the get go. A+ guys!

Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: Richard Fischer

"Frustrated with Armstrong 95% Eff. Furnace"
The Variable speed dc motor system stopped working, and I am told that A.O. Smith, who made the blower unit no longer makes this part. So the failure of a motor controller will cost $900 just for the part. This is totally unacceptable.

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: martinez

"Armstrong"
I've been in my house for 11 years, have never had any trouble with my furnace. It is original to the house (40 years old). Very good unit

Date created: 2009-09-17 Name: w. buffet

"I'l buy another"
My home came with to high efficiency trane furnaces and air conditioners. they seemed to break every winter, over and over. they were expensive to operate and extremely noisey. two years ago I decided to upgrade my downstairs system after almost seven years of frustration. I checked out carrier, amana, lennox, and even trane. I was impressed with lennox and was about to buy that. my carrier dealer told me about the relationship between lennox and armstrong. they compaired almost exactly the same and they were almost $2000.00 less. now I couldn't be happier so i've come back to replace my other system with the same. my dealer has lowered his price even more because of the slow economy. this may be the best investment I ever made.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: williamson

"Best unit out there"
We took out an old carrier unit that was really loud and replaced it with a armstrong 95% efficient furnace witha variable speed blower great on my bills, very quiet and was installed by a very good company the price was also ok

Date created: 2008-10-29 Name: Joe Hoitenga
Location: Williamsport, IN

"Joe"
The only problem I have ever had with my Armstrong Ultra sx90 was having to replace the evaporator coil after it developed pin holes. I have had Armstrong furnaces in two of my rentals and the only problem with one of them was to replace a circuit board after a flood. I replaced it myself. I highly recommend Armstrong.

Date created: 2008-06-22 Name: J. Stangel
Location: Bend, OR

"Installer"
I installed a 93% efficient furnace coupled with a 14 seer A/C. Both pieces of equipment function great with no problems. Both operate with minimal noise. I would use Armstrong in my next house.

Date created: 2008-05-20 Name: Leah Cowles
Location: Black River, NY

I had this unit installed by the leading heating company in our area. He did a complete manual j and sized the furnace. The new unit was almost 1/2 half the size of the furnace they took out. It has been trouble free and very quiet. Very quiet and dependable. No issues.