Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: C Kessler
Location: MInnesota

"Money pit"
Our Armstrong Air furnace installed in our home in 2000 started sounding like a jet plane right after the warrenty went out. Repairs were extremely expensive so we lived with it. A month ago we had more problems. Replacement parts and labor of $680. One month later, they found a crack. Danger of CO poisening. Shut down during heating season. Two recommendations - replace furnace. What a nightmare!

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Linda Sue Rebischke
Location: Wadena, MN

"Model GUK100D-14-1B, Ser#8495A31009"
I need to know the efficiency rating of this model please.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: P Zasytis
Location: Crown Point , IN

"Ultra SX 80 by Air Ease/ Johnson"
Purchased a new home in 1996 with the gas furnace and central air unit listed above. No problems or repairs required to date. Work great no complaints.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Leonard

"Installer"
I have to laugh when reading some of the reviews people complain about the cost of repairs and the product when a furnace is installed properly your problems are minimal.One review caught my eye about domestic junk Well japanese product are avalible our company have installed 3 types of japanese product and in every rural situation we had to jerk it back out factory reps could not even make this crap run. These same people will gladly buy a new car for thousands of dollars trade it in 3or4 years and never consider that to be a bad deal but heaven forbid if your furnace tha cost the price of 2 years car insurance break down. lol

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: John C.
Location: Boulder, CO

"Owner"
We built our custom home in 2002, and our G.C. hired an HVAC Contractor who installed 3 Armstrong Furnaces in our house (yes, it is a big house and we have 3 zones). Just found our from a technician who was servicing the units that all three have cracked heat exchangers. Unfortunately, we did not have any conversations with either our G.C. or HVAC Contractor before they made a decision to install Armstrong Furnaces, otherwise we would have likely opted to pay a little more for a Lenox or other brand. My next call will be to Armstrong.

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Richard Krueger
Location: neenah wi

"Mr"
Our armstrong furnace was purchased in 2002. the control module and motor took a dump on us and $800 for module and $400 for mtr.we are going to junk it and get a trane or york furnace. BUYER BEWARE on armstrong furnaces

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Glenn

"Bad techs and bad do it yourself"
Most poor reviews seem to be from poor installs or bad techs. Have not read anything that says to me it was the furnace manufacturer to blame. I've been a service tech for 20 + years and have yet to find any problem directly related to the units but have found alot of poor installations and "do-it-yourselfers" who are the problems.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: J. Thomas

"Silver star heating"
I've been installing Armstrong for 12 yrs, never had a call back. Do your cleanings every year and they will run forever. It all comes down to the installer. Sure, maybe a part goes bad. These are mechanical things. I've never had this problem but it could happen then you call the place who put it in. If you've done your yearly clean & check, warranty is not a problem. I can tell by every complaint here that it's not the furnace. It's the installer and if they won't make it right, you should have called me.

Date created: 2010-07-10 Name: D. Kolker

"Armstrong furnace"
Just had fan motor burnt out, so a warning to owners out there. The insulation inside the blower, half of furnace wall came off and the fan sucked it in, blocking air intake. It is just glued to the furnace wall. Dumb design. So keep an eye on it.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Craig Rawley

"I am a HVAC contractor/engineer"
I just found this website and read all of the reviews on the product my company primarly installs. I was shocked on so many of the problems briefly described appeared to be installer error, or installer charging way too much money on a repair. For instance, the furnace doesn't heat the house, probably isn't the furnaces fault. It's either undersized, or there is an issue with the duct work. All newer furnaces have a flame sensor which should be replaced or cleaned every few years. Do your homework people. I would imagine, you would be able to find out the prices of almost all of the parts, or at least list price. I have been installing Armstrong/Concord for the past 15 years, with a fantastic success rate. Each of the problems listed should be able to be resolved by a qualified service technician. All furnaces operate in a similar fashion in order to achieve the efficiencies. However, all of the parts should be available thru the distributor. Don't be afraid of getting a second opinion if you think someone is taking advantage of your wallet.