Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Akron, OH

"Builder/Homeowner Review of furnace"
I have owned my furnace now for about two years. I am pleased with it. The fact is, it is more powerful yet quieter than my last furnace. I do wish it was more efficient but I am pleased with it. Being that it is such a new furnace, there haven't been any need for repairs. I would definitely buy Armstrong furnaces in the future.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Leadville CO

"The Armstrong Air Ultra sx 80 forced air furnace is warm and cozy"
My Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80 forced air furnace keeps our rocky mountain home warm and cozy. It is 14 years old, and came already in the house when we bought it. This furnace runs on natural gas. It is somewhat noisy, the blower sounds like a fan running. Natural gas is fairly expensive, so we keep the thermostat low, but rarely have winter heat bills of more than $150. In the last 10 years we have had the following problems with our furnace. 1. The pilot light went out when the basement flooded. 2. Forced air heat makes the house dusty. 3. Forced air heat dries out the air. In addition, one must remember to shake out the filters every month or so, and wash the filters with the hose in the summer. The Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80 uses re-usable filters, so that is cheaper, but a bit more work. I am very pleased to never have had a service call on this furnace. That is it’s biggest advantage

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: jmat
Location: london

I bought an armstrong 95 furnace these are junk,had it 7 years broke down all but one.first few years were under warrany but look out when it expires last year i paid over $1000 to fix blower motor this is the second time it went,now the exhaust blower went ,great probably another $500 kick in the face.shame on anyone selling these products.if over half the people writing reviews say there junk they must be

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: shirley
Location: calgary, alberta

"Furnace review"
Am so sorry I purchased this product. Have owned homes for 50 years and have never had a furnace that is so noisy you can't stand within 5 feet of it and hear another person speak. It also is so noisy it wakes us up at night.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: T Dolan
Location: Wisconsin

"Ultra SX 95"
Bought what I was told was "top of the line" Has needed new blower/circuit board. NEW heat exchanger (cracked) and is now on its FOURTH ignitor. Over $2000 in repairs. What a JOKE! I just bought a GOODMAN which I am going to install instead of fixing this beast. Remember this is LENOX Companys product.

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: John Kline
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Armstrong Furnace Review"
The furnace would not start, one week and 3 repair companies later, it seems that a) noone knows how to repair these units and b) when one component fails it takes out several others. I am being advised to replace the furnace after 7 years as the motor, pressure switch, smart valve and computer board have all gone on the blink at the same time. I would strongly advise to stick with a major brand and check review before buying.

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: terri
Location: sarver pa.

"Dissatisfied customer"
I agree with eric had one installed in my house 2 yrs. ago have had nothing but problems. if that aint enough the first winter we used it we had to have a armstrong rep come solve are problem after we had many trouble shooting things done that didnt solve the problem.worst of all the furnace did not get used in the summer cause we didnt have the aircondition yet & now we are having another problem this winter.so in esssence are furnace has been used maybe 7 months out of the 2yrs with multipale problems.if that doesnt qualify as junk i dont no what does.i wish i would have checked the internet before i purchased.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Eric keller
Location: slc utah

I have two ultra 80 sx between two houses, They have gone through 3 main electrical boards, 1 cracked chamber, 1 fan motor, and an igniter. These are one of the worst products I've seen in years, The repair guy is on his way again as the furnace motor is running without stopping all day..

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: Dixie Pray
Location: Lakewood,CO

"Person"
I live in a 900 sq.ft. main floor condo. The furnace is so loud it wakes me up at night--sounds like a big diesel transport truck in my living room. I was not thoroughly informed by the seller--totally hate it.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: J. Humpe
Location: Richmond, OH

"Electric forced air furnace"
Bought an Armstrong electric furnace as a replacement for an older electric furnace. Furnace acts very erratic -- won't shut off and keeps getting hotter and hotter. This AM mercury was at the top of my thermometor. Repairman came today and is getting me a price on a new furnace. Sequencers have been replace several times.