Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: terri
Location: sarver pa.

"Dissatisfied customer"
I agree with eric had one installed in my house 2 yrs. ago have had nothing but problems. if that aint enough the first winter we used it we had to have a armstrong rep come solve are problem after we had many trouble shooting things done that didnt solve the problem.worst of all the furnace did not get used in the summer cause we didnt have the aircondition yet & now we are having another problem this winter.so in esssence are furnace has been used maybe 7 months out of the 2yrs with multipale problems.if that doesnt qualify as junk i dont no what does.i wish i would have checked the internet before i purchased.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Eric keller
Location: slc utah

I have two ultra 80 sx between two houses, They have gone through 3 main electrical boards, 1 cracked chamber, 1 fan motor, and an igniter. These are one of the worst products I've seen in years, The repair guy is on his way again as the furnace motor is running without stopping all day..

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: Dixie Pray
Location: Lakewood,CO

"Person"
I live in a 900 sq.ft. main floor condo. The furnace is so loud it wakes me up at night--sounds like a big diesel transport truck in my living room. I was not thoroughly informed by the seller--totally hate it.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: J. Humpe
Location: Richmond, OH

"Electric forced air furnace"
Bought an Armstrong electric furnace as a replacement for an older electric furnace. Furnace acts very erratic -- won't shut off and keeps getting hotter and hotter. This AM mercury was at the top of my thermometor. Repairman came today and is getting me a price on a new furnace. Sequencers have been replace several times.

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: MM

"Failed"
We had this furnace less than three years when the blower motor went out. The repairman said the motor was under warranty but not the labor. He also couldn't put in a universal motor, we had to wait for two days without heat (10 degrees out) for the replacement motor.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: T. L. Donat
Location: Indiana

"Top of the line"
I have been installing and servicing Armstrong and other brands of equipment for over 25 years. I have seen a lot more problems with Trane, Carrier,Byant, American Standard, Goodman, and York products. I agree with the others that improper installition and service and over priced repairs are more the problem than anything else. Some contrators will give you high repair prices to get you to buy new equipment. They can

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: C Kessler
Location: MInnesota

"Money pit"
Our Armstrong Air furnace installed in our home in 2000 started sounding like a jet plane right after the warrenty went out. Repairs were extremely expensive so we lived with it. A month ago we had more problems. Replacement parts and labor of $680. One month later, they found a crack. Danger of CO poisening. Shut down during heating season. Two recommendations - replace furnace. What a nightmare!

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: Linda Sue Rebischke
Location: Wadena, MN

"Model GUK100D-14-1B, Ser#8495A31009"
I need to know the efficiency rating of this model please.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: P Zasytis
Location: Crown Point , IN

"Ultra SX 80 by Air Ease/ Johnson"
Purchased a new home in 1996 with the gas furnace and central air unit listed above. No problems or repairs required to date. Work great no complaints.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Leonard

"Installer"
I have to laugh when reading some of the reviews people complain about the cost of repairs and the product when a furnace is installed properly your problems are minimal.One review caught my eye about domestic junk Well japanese product are avalible our company have installed 3 types of japanese product and in every rural situation we had to jerk it back out factory reps could not even make this crap run. These same people will gladly buy a new car for thousands of dollars trade it in 3or4 years and never consider that to be a bad deal but heaven forbid if your furnace tha cost the price of 2 years car insurance break down. lol