Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: M. Lewandowski
Location: San Diego, CA

"Very poor quality"
My furnace failed 3 times in the third year of ownership. The blower motor failed twice and Armstrong replaced it after the first failure. The third problem was the induction board so the heat won't come on. I've pad $450 for repairs. The next problem will result in the unit being replaced with one from a reliable manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Armstrong Air Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for about 14 months, though the furnace is older than that. It came with the house when we bought it 14 months ago. It heats the house efficiently and hasn't required any repairs in the last 14 months. We did service the furnace after we moved in along with the duct work. The furnace was found to be in great working condition at the time it was serviced. The furnace also stays on until the thermostat tells it that the temperature is reached, unlike another furnace I owned in the past that would cycle on and off frequently. We have no complaints about this furnace. The only option that we wished it came with was a whole house humidifier. We plan to purchase and install a humidifier to the furnace in the future. We would recommend this furnace to our friends and would consider buying it or a more energy efficient model from the same brand.

Date created: 2011-05-09 Name: D Penny
Location: Berthoud, CO

"3 Units 3 problems"
We bought brand new house in 2/06 with 3 Armstrong Air furnaces. 3 different model numbers. All 3 start with G2D95BT. In 1/11 (just under 5 years of living in the house), the main furnace stopped working. Was told it was '04 unit and out of warranty. In 3/11, second unit stopped. In 5/11, 3 unit started making clicking noise. Allied Air said they'd reimburse manufacturer cost for replacement cost. Paid almost $300 to fix first 2 units. Reimbursed $67. The 3rd unit will cost $180 + $90 service. I'll get reimbursed $50. 3 UNITS, ALL 3 HAD PROBLEMS WITHIN 5 YEARS. DO NOT BUY ARMSTRONG AIR PRODUCTS!!!!!

Date created: 2011-04-29 Name: Kelly
Location: Cedar lake In.

"Cedar lake in."
6 yrs never had a single problem maintained yearly by qualified tech

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Akron, OH

"Builder/Homeowner Review of furnace"
I have owned my furnace now for about two years. I am pleased with it. The fact is, it is more powerful yet quieter than my last furnace. I do wish it was more efficient but I am pleased with it. Being that it is such a new furnace, there haven't been any need for repairs. I would definitely buy Armstrong furnaces in the future.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Leadville CO

"The Armstrong Air Ultra sx 80 forced air furnace is warm and cozy"
My Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80 forced air furnace keeps our rocky mountain home warm and cozy. It is 14 years old, and came already in the house when we bought it. This furnace runs on natural gas. It is somewhat noisy, the blower sounds like a fan running. Natural gas is fairly expensive, so we keep the thermostat low, but rarely have winter heat bills of more than $150. In the last 10 years we have had the following problems with our furnace. 1. The pilot light went out when the basement flooded. 2. Forced air heat makes the house dusty. 3. Forced air heat dries out the air. In addition, one must remember to shake out the filters every month or so, and wash the filters with the hose in the summer. The Armstrong Air Ultra SX 80 uses re-usable filters, so that is cheaper, but a bit more work. I am very pleased to never have had a service call on this furnace. That is it’s biggest advantage

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: jmat
Location: london

I bought an armstrong 95 furnace these are junk,had it 7 years broke down all but one.first few years were under warrany but look out when it expires last year i paid over $1000 to fix blower motor this is the second time it went,now the exhaust blower went ,great probably another $500 kick in the face.shame on anyone selling these products.if over half the people writing reviews say there junk they must be

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: shirley
Location: calgary, alberta

"Furnace review"
Am so sorry I purchased this product. Have owned homes for 50 years and have never had a furnace that is so noisy you can't stand within 5 feet of it and hear another person speak. It also is so noisy it wakes us up at night.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: T Dolan
Location: Wisconsin

"Ultra SX 95"
Bought what I was told was "top of the line" Has needed new blower/circuit board. NEW heat exchanger (cracked) and is now on its FOURTH ignitor. Over $2000 in repairs. What a JOKE! I just bought a GOODMAN which I am going to install instead of fixing this beast. Remember this is LENOX Companys product.

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: John Kline
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Armstrong Furnace Review"
The furnace would not start, one week and 3 repair companies later, it seems that a) noone knows how to repair these units and b) when one component fails it takes out several others. I am being advised to replace the furnace after 7 years as the motor, pressure switch, smart valve and computer board have all gone on the blink at the same time. I would strongly advise to stick with a major brand and check review before buying.