Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: Steve Ronyak
Location: Shadyside, Ohio

"Sooooo Noisy"
Had a combo unit installed....although they boast of quietness that is so untrue. Tinny aluminum fan rattles. When I asked for a replacement fan to try a few ideas to solve the problem. I Got the run around. All I asked for was a new fan not a new unit. I sure wish I would have checked reviews 1st... Next issue is the ac performance is very poor. This unit replaced a smaller 22 years old unit and the old one did a much better job..

Date created: 2012-10-14 Name: Bob

"Homeowner"
Allied builds Lennox and Armstrong furnaces. Lennox and Armstrong unit heaters are also built by allied. Being brand specific doesn't work any more like it used to. You have to find a quality install -- then practically any furnace is good. Also, who stands behind their warranty? The best Armstrong stands behind there line better than Lennox. The Lennox distribution in western Canada is so arrogant -- you can't deal with them. So, dealers are dropping the line as a second line of furnace .

Date created: 2012-08-31 Name: N. Cambell
Location: Marshalltown, IA

"Fools"
To the reviewer that states that Lennox is an Armstrong, you are a little off base. I work in the Lennox factory in Marshalltown. I hate to break it to you but Armstrong is a Lennox product not the other way around. As previously stated the majority of problems with hvac is caused by sloppy/poor installation or lack of maintenance only bad contractors and misinformed homeowners blame proven quality equipment.

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: Leonard

"Armstrong Lennox are all made by allied"
We installed Armstrong for years always had good luck but now they have switched to 33inch tall models our altitude is approx 3200 ft above sea level. Myself and all other dealer including Lennox dealers are all having issues with the air switches. Allied builds these and many other brand furnaces Lennox and Armstrong are the only ones we have compared sitting side by side and yes they are the same furnace regardless of what Lennox will tell you. We have had to turn the air switch out approx 1quarter turn to make the furnace run. We have complained to Allied and they do admit they have a problem finally after bitching for over year. Beware Lennox is an Armstrong. Maybe try a Coleman -- my one builder only uses them and every one we have installed has not given a problem. Until this new 33inch tall Armstrong came out we never had a problem with them either. Thank god we have found a way to keep these new furnaces running. But this fix we are doing under necessity voids the warranty. Don't know what else to do.

Date created: 2012-02-11 Name: M J Malick
Location: Antioch Illinois

"My mistake"
This is the worst heating plant I have ever had in my home! The contractor talked me into it instead of a Carrier system that I had selected. I have had to have the blower motor replaced (3) times since it was installed. I breaks down on a regular basis, and has cost me hundreds of dollars over that period. The old Carrier furnace lasted 22 years with never so much as one service call! I am very disappointed as I spared no expense with the new system, and would never buy another one!

Date created: 2012-02-03 Name: A Rasmussen
Location: Provo, Utah

"Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace"
Thirty-two years without a single service call qualifies this to be an excellent furnace. It has a simple and functional design. What more could one ask for.

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: Michael James Bullick Sr.
Location: Royersford PA

"No complaints"
10 years ago I had a Armstrong hot air oil furnace put in. I have yet to have a problem with it. 11 years ago I had a 2 ton Armstrong central air unit put in. I have yet to have a problem with it. As a matter of fact I do not even have the air serviced. Nothing has been done to it. Naturally I have the oil heater cleaned and serviced once a year and change the filters every 90 days.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Name: F Strack
Location: Beaver Dam, WI

"Repair nightmare"
Repairing the furnace is a nightmare. It's been over a week and several visits from the Heating repair man and it's still not fixed. He contacts Armstrong technicians, returns, follows their instructs and leaves with no success.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Name: R.'Rosh
Location: Denver, Co.

"Very poor components"
Have 3 units and already after just under 1 year I have had to replace 2 blower motors in 2 separate units. The installer seems to blame the filters being dirty which is nonsense for two reasons: 1. The blower will just recirculate the air in the chamber as it is far from being sealed. 2. The filters are not nor have they been dirty. Next failure and I will be replacing the units with another manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Apple Valley, MN.

"Nice Furnaces"
I am not sure why the unhappy customers are very unhappy. They must have had a very bad contractor installing them. I been installing these furnaces for 5 years now and I am very satisfied with these products. I highly recommend these furnaces and ac. Not one call back on either.