Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2012-01-03 Name: Michael James Bullick Sr.
Location: Royersford PA

"No complaints"
10 years ago I had a Armstrong hot air oil furnace put in. I have yet to have a problem with it. 11 years ago I had a 2 ton Armstrong central air unit put in. I have yet to have a problem with it. As a matter of fact I do not even have the air serviced. Nothing has been done to it. Naturally I have the oil heater cleaned and serviced once a year and change the filters every 90 days.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Name: F Strack
Location: Beaver Dam, WI

"Repair nightmare"
Repairing the furnace is a nightmare. It's been over a week and several visits from the Heating repair man and it's still not fixed. He contacts Armstrong technicians, returns, follows their instructs and leaves with no success.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Name: R.'Rosh
Location: Denver, Co.

"Very poor components"
Have 3 units and already after just under 1 year I have had to replace 2 blower motors in 2 separate units. The installer seems to blame the filters being dirty which is nonsense for two reasons: 1. The blower will just recirculate the air in the chamber as it is far from being sealed. 2. The filters are not nor have they been dirty. Next failure and I will be replacing the units with another manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Apple Valley, MN.

"Nice Furnaces"
I am not sure why the unhappy customers are very unhappy. They must have had a very bad contractor installing them. I been installing these furnaces for 5 years now and I am very satisfied with these products. I highly recommend these furnaces and ac. Not one call back on either.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: ALASKA

"ReviewofFurnace"

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: M. Lewandowski
Location: San Diego, CA

"Very poor quality"
My furnace failed 3 times in the third year of ownership. The blower motor failed twice and Armstrong replaced it after the first failure. The third problem was the induction board so the heat won't come on. I've pad $450 for repairs. The next problem will result in the unit being replaced with one from a reliable manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Armstrong Air Furnace"
I have owned my furnace for about 14 months, though the furnace is older than that. It came with the house when we bought it 14 months ago. It heats the house efficiently and hasn't required any repairs in the last 14 months. We did service the furnace after we moved in along with the duct work. The furnace was found to be in great working condition at the time it was serviced. The furnace also stays on until the thermostat tells it that the temperature is reached, unlike another furnace I owned in the past that would cycle on and off frequently. We have no complaints about this furnace. The only option that we wished it came with was a whole house humidifier. We plan to purchase and install a humidifier to the furnace in the future. We would recommend this furnace to our friends and would consider buying it or a more energy efficient model from the same brand.

Date created: 2011-05-09 Name: D Penny
Location: Berthoud, CO

"3 Units 3 problems"
We bought brand new house in 2/06 with 3 Armstrong Air furnaces. 3 different model numbers. All 3 start with G2D95BT. In 1/11 (just under 5 years of living in the house), the main furnace stopped working. Was told it was '04 unit and out of warranty. In 3/11, second unit stopped. In 5/11, 3 unit started making clicking noise. Allied Air said they'd reimburse manufacturer cost for replacement cost. Paid almost $300 to fix first 2 units. Reimbursed $67. The 3rd unit will cost $180 + $90 service. I'll get reimbursed $50. 3 UNITS, ALL 3 HAD PROBLEMS WITHIN 5 YEARS. DO NOT BUY ARMSTRONG AIR PRODUCTS!!!!!

Date created: 2011-04-29 Name: Kelly
Location: Cedar lake In.

"Cedar lake in."
6 yrs never had a single problem maintained yearly by qualified tech

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Akron, OH

"Builder/Homeowner Review of furnace"
I have owned my furnace now for about two years. I am pleased with it. The fact is, it is more powerful yet quieter than my last furnace. I do wish it was more efficient but I am pleased with it. Being that it is such a new furnace, there haven't been any need for repairs. I would definitely buy Armstrong furnaces in the future.