Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2008-02-21 Name: Greg S.
Location: Mpls, MN

My armstrong ultra sx 80 has been terrific. had it for over 8 yrs now, never had a single problem with it. after reading other reviews, i wonder if the quality of the installation wasnt the problem.

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: Jack Gabalski
Location: Worthington, OH

I bought this house (built in 1942) eight years ago, after the inspection said the furnace was fine. I believe it is the original installed furnace. I have had no problems with it so far except to replace a motor belt that was frayed. $10 part! Except for probably being quite inneficient, I have no reason to replace this furnace. Does anyone know if there is a website to find the age of a furnace with the serial/model number reference?

Date created: 2008-01-17 Name: R. Thatcher
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota

Furnace was five years old when we bought the house. First winter the heat manifold cracked, had it fixed. Now winter of 2007-2008 manifold cracked again and the blower had a meltdown.To fix the mess is close to $900. Not going to fix it, will spend the $2k - $4k to replace it with a different maker. I now know which furnace to never buy. What a piece of @#%*.

Date created: 2008-01-15 Name: J.Slaughter
Location: Calgary, Canada

What a piece of work my Armstrong Mark IV furnace is! I have had over $1000.00 worth of repairs on this thing in the last year and it is screwed up again! Instead of continuing to fix it I am going to replace it asap, cannot believe I thought because it was owned by Lennox it would be a good furnace...was I wrong. I truly wasted my hard earned cash on this furnace and will not be going with a Lennox product.