Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2019-07-22 Name: Sue Shoulett
Location: Ontario

"Best Furnace Ever"
I've had an Armstrong Air Furnace for over 25 years and have never had an issue with it. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for a high-quality long-lasting product.

Date created: 2019-07-22 Name: S. Smith
Location: Canada

"Would Recommend"
Top Features of the a951e gas furnace 95% AFUE Efficiency Rating this means 95% of your fuel is converted into usable heat. Compared to an older furnace, this can potentially save you hundreds of dollars per year in energy costs. Constant Torque Motor Like a variable speed furnace, constant torque furnaces provide lower operating costs and increases to overall system efficiency. Compared to standard PSC motors, constant torque delivers more consistent airflow and quieter operation. ENERGY STAR® Certified The ENERGY STAR program is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices. Quiet Combustion™ Technology Uses a smaller Btu input per burner for quieter start-up and operation while providing more even heat distribution. Advanced Heat Exchanger Made from stainless steel for maximum strength and crimped, rather than welded, Armstrong Air heat exchangers are highly resistant to thermal fatigue and other stresses caused by repeated heating and cooling. During the testing process, they are subjected to temperatures that far exceed normal operating ranges, to ensure they will stand up to years of use. EHX™ Technology Every Armstrong Air furnace is engineered and built with EHX Technology, a patented design that eliminates the hot spots that can shorten furnace life. EHX Technology makes heat exchangers more durable, and with its advanced airflow system, more air contacts the heat exchanger surface area for greater heat exchange, enhancing efficiency and comfort.
Date created: 2019-02-26 Name: George porterfield
Location: South Carolina

"Bad heating unit"
Too many problems with the heat work on it every year I'm not satisfied I'll never buy another one of these units
Date created: 2019-02-20 Name: Curtis Benson
Location: Minnesota

"Furnace quit again"
I have had an Armstrong furnace for 15 years and I must say that I have never had so many problems with a furnace or even if you put all the rest of them together I have not had as many problems as with the Armstrong Ultra v. This P.O.S. has gone thru three blower motors and modules and had several failures with flame rods and exhaust blowers. Would not recommend this to anyone except my worst enemy! Never Buy Armstrong again.
Date created: 2018-12-20 Name: Stanley Noland
Location: Madison, MD

"Worst Unit Ever Owned"
Worst Heating Unit I have ever owned. Technicians have been out 7 times now for code 200 and 273 shutdowns of the unit. I have burned through a 500 gallon tank of propane in less than one month. Several fixes required by Armstrong Air Techs..but still the same problems. Never had this problem with my old Trane Unit. And still No replacement under their amazing (not) warranty...Even my installer says he has never had these problems with the same units he has installed. Obviously, this unit is defective, but I don't know what it takes to get that through to Armstrong Air...
Date created: 2018-12-18 Name: Davie Gravy
Location: Potville, Transientland

"Worked well if it weren't for incompetent techs"
I received this furnace used (as a free hand me down) and has worked well since installed (approx 5 years ago). I had a very incompetent moronic tech replace my thermal expansion valve for my ac. He ended up dripping water inside the whole thing. As a result, I had to replace the circuit board due to it having a burn mark on it. Additionally, it looked like he removed the inducer motor without replacing the gasket; which disintegrated in the process. I, therefore, had a leak in the exhaust, which in turn caused the pressure switch not to engage; which in turn caused the furnace not to ignite. After a quick do-it- yourself, I replaced the inducer motor (which came with a new gasket) and it's good to go. My only complaint is that when I run my heat pump, the fan sounds very loud and noisy (like an airplane taking off). If I leave it on gas (which is cheaper anyway), it's good to go and cheap to run!
Date created: 2018-09-24 Name: RENATO BOSKOVIC
Location: Canada

"Best Furnace"
I have switched from American Standard furnaces to Armstrong Air, and that furnace is bullet proof equipment. The warranty is nice and furnace not any problem. If you need nice hvac equipment, go with Armstrong Air.
Date created: 2018-01-15 Name: SHIRLEY MATSCHKE
Location: Saskatchewan

"ARMSTONG FURNACE"
Had a new Armstrong furnace and water heater 5 years ago unfortunately the company is no longer around. I have had to have a company come out every year since I've owned it. -40 below on Saturday here and of course my furnace quits again! Another 250.00. I will never own anything from Armstrong!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-14 Name: Miki
Location: Mount Vernon, OH

"Yearly money pit"
Other then my Armstrong furnace - it doesn't fail that every year something else is broken on my furnace - installed new in 2006 I have had to replace part after part at hundreds of dollars every year. I'm down again today [last night]. $90 service man on the way.
Date created: 2017-11-04 Name: Calvin T
Location: Calgary, AB

"System down again"
We have this furnace with our new house since 2014. It has stopped working for two times. Pressure switch was replaced in 2015. Now it is dead again leave us sit in very cold room with -19 degree c outside.