Consumer Reviews of Armstrong Air furnaces

Read more about Armstrong Air furnaces

Date created: 2017-05-20 Name: Lexus
Location: Charlotte, NC

"Good unit big changes made"
I bought an ac and it was a great success. No surprise I talked with the installer and decided to buy a furnace and have a great brand new system for both seasons. The unit is Lennox quality and shares almost all same components. Price is better. So you save, get a solid unit and have the same warranty. I like what Armstrong has for both seasons for your house. Thank my later :)

Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Kay
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

"Very good units!"
Furnace is just as good as unit, maybe better! Get Armstrong setup warranty is fantastic, unit does not need a lot of repairs. Very good

Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Bits
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

"Amazing unit, surprised me"
For a brand I never heard the quality and build is very good. Tech was professional and informative. This unit is very smart and can detect if there's a part issue, also Amazing Warranty! Warranty is everything. I would recommend you take a chance with these guys.

Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Debbie R
Location: Oakville, Canada

"Furnace is solid! Armstrong impressed"
I was skeptical of a new brand I have not heard of. But after having a great A/c from Armstrong I said "Why not install the furnace too" Now I have a great furnace that heats very well! Armstrong Air impressed me. Good units!

Date created: 2017-04-09 Name: Renato
Location: Canada

"Furnace hi efficiency pro series"
Armstrong air is best furnace on market now I am HVAC contractor and that furnace have good warranty quite no any problem

Date created: 2016-12-27 Name: Cheryl S.
Location: Crest Hill, IL

"Armstrong Furnace"
I've had my Armstrong furnace for 26 years and only had 2 repairs in that time. One repair was the control board and the other repair was the spark controller. I could have had the furnace longer but decided to put in an American Standard. I was very satisfied with the Armstrong product.

Date created: 2016-11-25 Name: Jay
Location: Gold River CA

"Plan to spend plenty on repairs each year. Sometimes twice a year."
We purchased an Armstrong Ultra V Tech 80 in 2008 from a heating/cooling company. We needed repairs in 2010 and every year thereafter. Sometimes twice a year. I'm writing this review only now because I am fed up with having to spend so much money each year for repairs. I called a repairman today because the heater will not go on. Second time this year for service. I have used several different companies when I needed service so this is not related to knowledge or lack of. A couple of repairmen said this product keeps them in business. Product reliability is not Armstrong's best attribute. I read their reviews on this page and others and I am not the only one with concerns and complaints regarding Armstrong's product quality. So, will I ever buy Armstrong or recommend their products? ---NO---NEVER-- I"M done..i added up how much I have spent since 2010 excluding today's service call. $1849.16.. and still going strong....Please, when deciding to replace your furnace and air conditioner check other manufacturers. Thanks--Jay

Date created: 2016-04-03 Name: gerry
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Stay away from Armstrong"
We purchased an Armstrong high efficiency furnace with our new build 3 years ago. Three years in, the Armstrong furnace has malfunctioned every year without fail. Each year the technician replaces the pressure switch, citing poor quality pressure switches. I will never buy Armstrong again.

Date created: 2016-01-31 Name: Mark Almy
Location: Halifax, MA

"Reliability"
Chose this brand on the advice of the installer to replace the one installed (and still working) in 1973 to prevent a failure due to age. The Armstrong is only 3 years old but breaks down every heating season. Have a second gas furnace in another area of the house that is not an Armstrong but is a high efficiency type. It's over 10 years old and have never had a problem. Don't buy an Armstrong, it has the same valve problem every year. Right now it is warmer outside than inside the house.

Date created: 2015-11-14 Name: B. Campbell
Location: Conneaut, OH

"Downflow noise"
We recently had the 96% efficient variable speed, two stage, downflow Armstrong furnace installed. This is the natural gas unit. The installer is a company that we used for many years and they are one of the most reputable in our area. The installation went fine. The only duct change made was a another register of return air was added close to the furnace. When first run, this thing sounded like a jet on the runway. To reduce the air flow, the technician changed the dip switch on the control board to the lowest setting of -18%. The filter they used had a MERV rating of 8. After they completed the task and left, we fired it up to test the sounds in our normally quiet house. On first stage heat, we heard the speed winding up noise of the blower and when it reached its run speed there was a whining noise . Very bothersome. I removed the filter to see what effect it had and the noise dropped . It did not go away altogether, but was reduced. I bought some of the cheapest fiberglass filters I could find and am currently using them. The whining noise remains at a lower level but is still bothersome. The installer was called and paid us a return visit. Offered no help on eliminating the noise. We were told this is a normal sound for this variable speed furnace and because it is a downflow design installed on the first floor (no basement) the blower noise is more noticeable. Hell of a time to tell us ! I am considering having this Armstrong furnace removed and replaced with a quieter furnace if I can find one. $3900 wasted.