Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE furnaces

Read more about ARCOAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2007-03-28 Name: M
Location: ON, Canada

Newly installed 125,000 BTU, variable speed 92.5 efficiency. Pleased with it so far. Don't like the white pipe through the wall. Looks like it is unfinished. Creatures could find homes. It needs a cover of some sort. Prior High Efficiency, a Clare mega save had a nice cover.

Date created: 2007-02-09 Name: Morells
Location: Illinois

This furnace is a big joke. We're changing ignitors almost every year. We've changed the module after owning it 1 year, no warranty is what the company told me on the phone. When the burners light up sometimes it sounds like a jet firing up and sometimes it makes a boom sounds and rattles the furnace door. We've had furnace/air guys work on it, and they can't figure it out. Sometimes it'll light up then shut off and a few minutes later it'll start up again and finally run. Everybody that's worked on it can't figure this thing out. It quit working today, my dad and my husband tried working on it and gave up. The fan would run and the ignitor wouldn't light up, even though it's a new ignitor. So, after 2 hours they gave up to wait for a furnace guy come and look at it in the morning, sitting here looking up info on the net on this problem, it fired up on it's own and ran only to run run for about 10 minutes to get it warm in here, then it shut off and started back up 2 minutes later with the thermostat set on 72. I think it's lemon. We can't afford to buy a new one, It's an arcoaire and we can't find anyone that can figure it out.