Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE furnaces

Read more about ARCOAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-03 Name: Kellie

"Arcoaire Furnace"
Bought the house 3 years ago with this Arcoaire in it. Not sure of make or model. Two years ago, it started blowing cold. It blows hot for a while then blows cold. We have to put it up to 82 degrees until the flame comes on the thermostat. Then, we have to shut it off for 15-20 minutes. We turn it back on and it will run hot for a while again. Then, we go through the same thing. This furnace is only 16 years old. We have to shut if off during the day and also at night afterwards, it will run cold all day or night. Looking for a new one this spring.

Date created: 2010-01-19 Name: B. Troodler

"Arcoaire--You hit a homerun"
Installed a 150,000 btu/hr input 80% efficiency furnace. It is 13 months old and no problems. This is a single stage unit---felt the more high efficiency units, variable speed and/or two stage lends itself to more problem---simple unit that gives great heat and no problems to speak of---would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: J. Burns

"Gas valve assbly"
New house/new furnace .... Second time to replace the gas valve assembly due to moisture dripping on assembly. Arcoaire knew they had a problem. Their solution: have tech install a metal shield over assembly. This did not work. Never again!!!!

Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: Ernie Bakos

"L don't understand this question"
I purchased a split system Aircoaire and it was installed less than a month ago. It is a n8m up- flow 75,000 btu with a 20x25 filter but l want to know everything a brochure information would give. I can't give you an opinion until I get my first month gas bill. My house is on a crawl space about 1200 sq ft, one floor.

Date created: 2009-09-29 Name: F Hatte

"Never again"
Installed a new furnace when I bought the house. The first five years were trouble-free. Every year since then I have had to replace parts. They never honored the warranty. Stopped making parts and had to settle for rebuilt fan motors, etc. Now I am shopping for a new furnace. Someone tried to sell me on a Comfort Maker ... same company as Arcoaire!!! No way, never again.

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Margo Sollazzo

"Big mistake"
When my furnace was first installed, I noticed that the air that came out of the ducts was actually cold. My technician told me that it was because my thermostat was too close to a vent, which is completely incorrect. Barely a year after it was installed, it stopped working and my technician claimed the problem was a faulty control panel. He got it working during that service call, but it kicked out again a month and a half later. On his second service call, he said it was improperly installed at the factory and "propped it up" into the position so that it wouldn't keep going out. Now it is less than a month later and the furnace is again not working. a mechanically-minded friend of mine came over and in one minute gave me a better tutorial on how to maintain and troubleshoot problems with my furnace than my technician ever did. I apparently am now having a problem with my pressure switch, and if this current service call to my technician does not fix this furnace once and for all, I will demand some money back for this piece of garbage. It is only one year old! My previous furnace was installed in the 1940's and up until the day I replaced it, it never once needed servicing and my house was always warm. (Okay, my gas bills were outrageous, but that furnace was a workhorse). Even when my furnace is running, my house is never as warm as I like it.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: George T.
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

"Love It"
I have read the other reviews and do not understand the disdain. I hit the internet to see how this company was doing (8 years later) as I was so pleased with the product. We have not had a single problem, our gas bills are very low and the comfort and reliability is excellent. I did install work for a couple of years and was initially impressed with the thicker metal and better appearance of the furnace in general. Maybe we got lucky??? Works for me.

Date created: 2008-03-31 Name: Cindy Stribling
Location: Michigan

I have had nothing but problems with my Arcocaire furnace. The circuit board has been replaced and several other repairs, however, it still stops working. It is time to stop wasting money and just toss it out for the garbage.

Date created: 2008-02-05 Name: C.Adamoyurka
Location: Ocean Pines, MD

Re: Model -gpm42k100f mfr#pgf042k100f Serial # g052130936 We are extremely unhappy with this unit.We have had nothing but trouble since we bought it. Last Spring the heat didn't work and it turned out to be something with the pilot that needed adjustment. Last week, it failed to work again. This time it was a bad valve! Now we are paying for service calls -throwing good money after bad. We have owned homes for 40 years and have never had such problems with a furnace. We do not trust the unit and would like to replace it .We feel that we shuld be owed something back since it is obvioulsy a lemon. We would like to know how you can help us with our situation. Thanks youfor your response.

Date created: 2007-05-31 Name: Ralph Dexter
Location: Davisville, WV 26142 Near Parkersburg

New house, best of windows and doors, Brick and Vynal, R-13 walls R-30+ ceiling, Cape cod 1200 sq. ft each level, unheated garage and bonus room, basement has duct but all outlets are closed. zoned system with upstairs being one zone and downstairs the other. Heating bills for December January were $1200.00 at $16.008 per MCFT The installing dealer has gone out of business. And I am stuck with no help. The local installer for your product has stalled for 6 months on making repairs. I called the local installer for Lenox and requested a quote for a new furnace.