Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE furnaces

Read more about ARCOAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: j.p
Location: south jersey

"Dealer and installer"
I read some all of these reviewes and for the most part these appear on the surface to be installers problems,first and formost equipment sizeing is very important,to big is no good to small the same,your equipment dealer or from who your buying the product from should do a proper heat load calculation on the dwelling and then to insure the proper opration on the equipment check out the duct sizing coming off the furnace,85% of the reviews I read here can be related to either one of those causes not being properly address,some failures will happen no matter who,s furnace you purchase,are far as getting parts on a timely bases,in my 23 years of being on the street Ive never known that to be the case all the major manufactures of hvac equipement as resposive to the costomers needs,its up to the dealer /installer to have that network of responce set up in there corner before selleig the product line,most all HVAC equipment is created equil,its up to the installer/dealer,to make sure the what is prescribe for you job not only works at the thermostat,but support is readlly available.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: R H Ackland
Location: Oakvill, CT

"Homeowner"
In the four years since I've had model #h8mpt125j20a1 gas furnace installed, I have put another $1,000 in parts and service calls. It has left us in the cold in deep winter for over three weeks as we waited for parts. Arcoaire did not honor any warrenty. This is a company that I believe should go out of business for such a shoddy product. I would love to hear from someone from Arcoaire or Sears that sold me this nightmare.

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Randy
Location: Seattle, WA

"Still Very Happy after 12 years"
125k BTU, Single Speed, 80%. Bought unit in 1998 at closeout for $400. Found installer to plug it in. Has worked great ever since. Reliable, efficient, simple, needs minimal care. Have vacuumed out the burner compartment a couple times over the years, but almost no dust or slag. Burners still look new. Very happy with equipment. Not fancy, but just good heat. Only complaint is that the filter is difficult to replace, and doesn't fit well. Thinking about new furnace with $1,500 energy credit, but why??

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: Kenny A
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Happy"
I just moved in my house a year ago. This year the heat exchanger had a crack in it and now I have to replace the furnace. The Arcaire furnace that I have was manufactured in 1986. This unit lasted 24 years. I'm pretty sure whoever bought it would be happy to know that they made a good purchase and got every dollar out of it.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: A. Meyer

"Is it the equipment or the installer?"
I have never has any issue with our Arcoaire unit and not to criticize previous posters but it is rarely the equipment that fails, but rather the installation that is flawed. Most equipment on the market is comparable. It is the discount installer that compromises the integrity of the system. If you want to pay more for a brand, then that is your prerogative. We were also concerned about posts on the internet but our contractor set us straight and we have had zero problems.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: Hank

"Dual Stage Heat and Cool Unit"
Dual stage heat and cool combination unit, 40,000 btu installed last spring. The blower speed is horrible and the manual is no help in explaining how to speed it up. On high stage heat, it barely blows thru the vents and runs constantly because it takes forever to get the heat out. The high stage cool has the same problem. You would think with a 21/2 ton unit in a 1100 sq ft house it would burn you out and freeze you out of there. Any help would be appreciated.

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: Elmer C.

"Arcoaire furnace"
I am unsatisfied with the whistle sound when the furnace blower comes on full speed. It doesn't seem right when a new furnace has a whistle sound as soon as it is installed and the installer says it is normal. Otherwise, everything works well.

Date created: 2010-03-01 Name: Ervin Barta

"ARCOAIRE FURNACE OWNER"
What a piece of shit this equipment is! Had to replace 3 motors in our condo association, and just today, a pressure switch went out, when the furnace quits, and you are gone for a few months, things can happen in your home. Our association is pooling its funds together to either buy new Bryant or Lennox. We're done with something that fails constantly and made in China.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: Martha

"I'm cold"
Have had the gas-valve assembly go out-need to be replaced 3 Januaries in a row. Company will not back it up. Said it was due to the humidifier dripping on valve-don't use humidifier. Give me a break! $670 repair 3 years in a row....

Date created: 2010-02-13 Name: J. Fullerton

"22 year old Arcoaire still working"
This particular Arcoaire is a stud. Never caused any trouble in 22 years. Had the ignitor replaced 4 years ago which is a normal service item. This unit was built by the "old" company prior to the 1999 buy out. Based on the other reviews, their quality seems to have gone down hill since I purchased this one in 1988. Unfortunately, the heat exchanger has finally begun to form cracks and I'm going to have to replace it soon. Too bad, seems like it is easy to select a poor quality furnace these days...