Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: K. Stafflinger
Location: Chester, VA

"Staffco"
After only 6 years my American Standard furnace required a costly repair of $969.00 It is a Freedom 90vs gas furnace. This is the cost of an inductor motor and blower.

Date created: 2008-10-08 Name: Kathy
Location: Wallingford, CT

"57 y.o. American Standard"
Just bought a house with a 57 Y.O. American Standard that is still running fine. The inspector was stunned. They don't live this long he says..Well, here she is...My dh says we need a new one...wants to go with Buderus..I Ask, is there any brand that can compare to the longevity of this ancient one? They do not make things like this. All new things are not made well in my opinion..Not like the "good ole days"
Date created: 2007-05-23 Name: P. Whitehead
Location: Omaha, NE

Installed a 80% 2 Stage 80,000 BTU furnace with a 2 Stage thermostat and have never been so comfortable. Replaced an old Westinghouse 120,000 BTU furnace probably 60% efficiency. Should have done it years ago but just put it off.
Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: S. Pong.
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario

American Standard: Bought it a few years ago and have had problems since then. Furnace it loud and not powerful at all. Bad Furnace.
Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: C. James.
Location: N.Y. N. Y.

American standard: Always having to repair it and it's only 2 years old. Will never buy it again. Bad very bad.
Date created: 2007-03-29 Name: J. Murray
Location: Stony Plain AB, Canada

I have a 30 yr. old Gibson Furnace that has done me well and I am looking to replace for a more efficient model.
Date created: 2006-12-05 Name: J. Salazar
Location: Houston, Tx

We had 2 American Standard furnaces which worked w/o any problem at all for over 19 yrs. One still works but the other needs replacing so we're doing both at once to save money. As far as we're concerned, they've been good, efficient furnaces for us.