Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2009-07-19 Name: Wayne zinter

"Great furnace"
The furnace would cycle on and off shortly after we bought it. They fixed it on warranty by replacing the motor controller for the dc fan motor. It has been working perfectly ever since. We have a programmable thermostat and my wife and I love it. Very quiet, efficient. I think we got the model somewhere around 96 %. Much quieter and has a warmer heat than our old heat pump. Would never go back to a heatpump. At 70 degrees you still feel cold, but not with gas. Got an electronic air filter with it and are very satisfied. We are selling this house and we are planning on buying another for the new house which has baseboard heat.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: D. Johnson

"Love my American Standard Furnace & Heat Pump"
I reviewed and considered all major hvac brands. I found the American Standard dealers to be the most knowledgable than any others. We selected a High Efficiency 95% variable speed gas furnace and a heat pump... lowered our utility bills by a 1/3rd and are much more comfortable than ever before. Recommend them and the dealer we used to all our friends.

Date created: 2009-06-05 Name: R Howe

"Lousy Furnace"
Evey part changed sometimes 2x still junk. Do not buy American Standard.

Date created: 2009-05-03 Name: Bob Poplar

"Garbage!"
I owned this furnace for 2 years and it's non stop repair with this piece of crap! Probably made in china! With american Stamped on the front. What a shame! I know that Americans don't make this kind of garbage. I suggest you don't buy one.

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: K. Stafflinger
Location: Chester, VA

"Staffco"
After only 6 years my American Standard furnace required a costly repair of $969.00 It is a Freedom 90vs gas furnace. This is the cost of an inductor motor and blower.

Date created: 2008-10-08 Name: Kathy
Location: Wallingford, CT

"57 y.o. American Standard"
Just bought a house with a 57 Y.O. American Standard that is still running fine. The inspector was stunned. They don't live this long he says..Well, here she is...My dh says we need a new one...wants to go with Buderus..I Ask, is there any brand that can compare to the longevity of this ancient one? They do not make things like this. All new things are not made well in my opinion..Not like the "good ole days"

Date created: 2007-05-23 Name: P. Whitehead
Location: Omaha, NE

Installed a 80% 2 Stage 80,000 BTU furnace with a 2 Stage thermostat and have never been so comfortable. Replaced an old Westinghouse 120,000 BTU furnace probably 60% efficiency. Should have done it years ago but just put it off.

Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: S. Pong.
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario

American Standard: Bought it a few years ago and have had problems since then. Furnace it loud and not powerful at all. Bad Furnace.

Date created: 2007-04-12 Name: C. James.
Location: N.Y. N. Y.

American standard: Always having to repair it and it's only 2 years old. Will never buy it again. Bad very bad.

Date created: 2007-03-29 Name: J. Murray
Location: Stony Plain AB, Canada

I have a 30 yr. old Gibson Furnace that has done me well and I am looking to replace for a more efficient model.