Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-11 Name: MRD

"Recall"
Recently, had to have the receptacle transition replaced (plastic part). Repairman informed me that 3 years ago American Standard ordered a recall because of this part but only notified the distributors. Hey what about the end-buyer?

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Jim O'Bryan

"120K BTU 93%AFUE"
More than pleased with both the furnace and a/c units. No repairs in 9 years, lower bills than neighbors with larger homes.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: M. Moss

"Can you spell lemmon?"
I had 3 American Standard furnaces installed 9-10 years ago. The 95% unit in my house has had 5 boards, burners, blower motor and numerous little things. It was supposed to have a full 10 yr warranty but it has cost me $2800 in service calls in those 10 years. The second unit is an 80% downflow installed in an attic. It has had a service call almost every year since installation and has cost $2900 in service call over those 9 years. I will admit that some of the problems have been from shoddy installation. The company went bankrupt while installing the second unit. They did not convert it to lp gas and almost burnt the house down! Those charges do not include rebuilding that furnace to replace the heat exchanger and all of the wiring. The third unit, is a 95% downflow that I purchased used and installed it myself above my shop. It has very minimal ductwork so there are no back pressure issues. The only thing that I have done to it was replace the induction fan. American Standard parts are outrageously priced and can only be purchased by their registered dealers. They charged me $250 for the blower fan motor. I picked up the exact same fan from a local electrical repair store for $102. I plan to replace these furnaces asap rather than spend any more money on them.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: Martin Gisanti

"Heat exchanger replaced"
I have had to replace my heat exchange at my own cost for labor. I want to know why this happened in such a short time. My old furnace lasted 25 years. Mod.# aux080c942d2 Ser.# 3382drx7g

Date created: 2009-10-27 Name: DBK.

"Whiners!"
For all you complainers out there, maybe you should consider the contractor you are dealing with. If any system is sized properly and installed properly, you won't have issues with freezing up and noisy systems. As far as replacing components. If you have changed every part and some twice, then I suggest you get a second opinion. You are being ripped off by your contractor. Do your homework before you decide on any system and ask your contractor for references. stop your complaining and take responsibility for your own decisions when choosing a contractor.

Date created: 2009-08-24 Name: Sheira Viggiano
Location: AZ

"American Standard Air Conditioner w/ "AccuClean Air Filtration Sysem"
Horrible !! I have two,(installed in late July 2008) one on each side of my home. Both freeze up constantly and then drain water into my home. I live in az where there is alot of dust but the filters need cleaning about every 3 to 4 weeks. They are loud, and and my house is no cooler or less dusty then before I replaced my 12 year old Trane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Clear!!!!

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: Stevio

"PIECE OF JUNK - STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND"
O my god did we get sucked in to buying a piece of crap. this furnace power vent motor died in the 1st year of ownership and like 3 months later we had to change ignitor and even gas valve. it seems everything that could possibly go bad with this brand, was gone. it sounds like a train and is vibrating. when we called contractor regardig this issue they indicated all this is normal and we should not be alaramed ?! stay away. american standard stick with toilet bowls and sinks, not furnaces please. will definately not recommend this to anyone, only to my enemies.

Date created: 2009-07-22 Name: Mrs. T
Location: Jersey Shore

"Mrs. T"
Found the system to be quiet and added a considerable amount more comfort to the home. It came with a 10 year part and labor warranty and we get 4 free visits a year from the installing company. I changed everything with the highest of efficiency, furnace 97% and 20 seer air communicating system with a air filter called accuclean. The company did a lot of ductwork upgrade as well. The inspectors commented how well the install was completed. Also one inspector told me that Trane and American Standard were the same but my installer was probably one of the best in our area. I live at the Jersey Shore and used a contractor called itak heating and cooling. I got the name through a friend that had work done by them. As of now I could not be happier with the system and if something does go wrong I am certain that my company and warranty will cover it with out a hiccup.

Date created: 2009-07-19 Name: Wayne zinter

"Great furnace"
The furnace would cycle on and off shortly after we bought it. They fixed it on warranty by replacing the motor controller for the dc fan motor. It has been working perfectly ever since. We have a programmable thermostat and my wife and I love it. Very quiet, efficient. I think we got the model somewhere around 96 %. Much quieter and has a warmer heat than our old heat pump. Would never go back to a heatpump. At 70 degrees you still feel cold, but not with gas. Got an electronic air filter with it and are very satisfied. We are selling this house and we are planning on buying another for the new house which has baseboard heat.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: D. Johnson

"Love my American Standard Furnace & Heat Pump"
I reviewed and considered all major hvac brands. I found the American Standard dealers to be the most knowledgable than any others. We selected a High Efficiency 95% variable speed gas furnace and a heat pump... lowered our utility bills by a 1/3rd and are much more comfortable than ever before. Recommend them and the dealer we used to all our friends.