Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2010-09-20 Name: Nelly
Location: Springfield, VA

"Unit works great"
I had my 20yr old Amana unit replaced with an American Standard split system 2 years ago and it's been working great. It's quiet and efficient. Please note that very little can go wrong with a brand new unit unless the mechanical contractor that put it in did a poor job. I work for a mechanical contractor myself and we install many brands, however the most preferred ones by our customers are AS and Carrier, that's why I decided to go for AS myself. It is also important to do your part of preventive maintenance and not wait until the unit breaks. There are so many people out there who don't even know how to change a filter and when; then 6 months down the road the problems start. Get a clue first and then call the equipment piece of crap. May be by starting to read that manual for once!

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Karen Mead
Location: NY

"Works fine, nothing special"
This furnace has worked ok. I wouldn't give it high marks because we go through a lot of oil and I think part of that is because the furnace isn't very fuel efficient. We haven't had any major issues but I would have preferred a unit that performed better. This one is very underwhelming.

Date created: 2010-08-25 Name: J. Holston
Location: Collingswood,NJ

"40 years still going strong"
Our house has an American Standard gas furnace and AC.We have never had a service call on it and has never failed to work. It was installed in May 1970. Thinking of replacing because it can't last forever and is AFUE 75%.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Brian S.

"Best Decision"
It's all about the installer, not the furnace. This furnace has worked like a champ since installed 2 years ago. Those who give bad reviews, you are blaming the wrong company. It's your installer. That's the issue. I have a friend and a neighbor who both installed the same system I installed, Freedom 95 Comfort-Rô Variable Speed, Three Stage Communicating Furnace. They also have had no issues. It's the installer. People, do your research.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Rich Krause

"Don't waste your money"
We bought our house with 1 Y.O. American Standard 90 % furnace. During the last 5 years, we had to call the service company 7 times and we've spent over $ 1,600. (2)ignitors, draft inducer assembly, main blower motor and some other parts. Don't waste your money on this product.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Solomon

"ADE 1060"
None yet

Date created: 2010-05-21 Name: R. R. Brown

"Lasts just until the warranty runs out"
Just paid a whopping bill to replace the compressor - fortunately, the part just barely covered by warranty, but service (over $800) was not. That was after replacing a capacitor (not covered by warranty - part or service - another couple hundred bucks there), and of course every fix they make requires me to buy new freon. Now, we've learned there's yet another part that's gone bad - this is like some sort of sick joke. My builder put this piece of junk in - if I could afford to haul it off to the dump and buy a different brand I would.

Date created: 2010-05-20 Name: Kirk
Location: Oklahoma

"Furnace is trash"
I changed from a Lennox and purchased their two stage unit because I was told it would be more efficient. The highest gas bill I ever had was arround 100.00 with the Lennox in fifteen years. This year, I had two months with a bill over 130.00 and one with over 150.00. I live in Okla and keep my thermostat between 67 and 70. Stay clear of this junk. This also may be true of Trane as well, since their parts are interchangeable as per people I have talked to. cil,EWWwaa s mja

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: R. Franklin

"Poor Quality"
We had a new furnace installed last December. Very noisy, service issues and today we have a bad blower motor. This furnace is over priced and lacks the quality that it should have.

Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: Dan Scheyer

"Dany"
My American Standard furnace broke down so many times I think I've replaced every part in it twice.