Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Matt
Location: burlington

"Auh2b080a9v3"
Just purchased auh2b080a9v3 Not installed yet but being a MFG audiotr at the plant where we make this furnace i have to say the people there do take pride in there work and it is made in america. i KNOW I will be satisfifed after in install

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Heather
Location: Jersey shore

"Inductor motor and blower need to be replaced"
My furnace is 8 years old and I was told I need to replace the inductor motor and blower because the corrosion that takes place inside the unit due to poor design ventilation. The cost 1000. Apparently there is a service bulletin out that states this is the fix for this common problem. My contract said I had a 10 year warranty but the company says I should have filed some sort of paper work. I emailed American Standard and they said there was no warranty paper work. Now I am hot but not because I have heat.

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: J Hull
Location: Pittsburgh PA

"Exceptional Upgrade and Performance"
I purchased the Fredom 94 Comfort R furnace with variable speed blower and modulating burner. I am extremely impressed with how quiet it runs and how little the temperature varies in the house. It is so quiet you usually don't even know it is running. It was worth every extra cent to upgrade to this model. In addition, in installed the communicating module for the model. It is great for the traveler and will call your cell phone and your service company if temperatures or humidity levels fall outside the thresholds you set. It also comes with the Comfort Control thermostat, which also measures and displays outside temperatures and provides a higher rate of burn to heat the house if the outside temperature falls below the threshold. I never write reviews but was compelled but the superb performance of the system.

Date created: 2010-11-01 Name: Dale McCargar
Location: Westminster, Colo

"Circuit board"
I had a furnace that was 10 years old, and no problems..I was talked into replacing the furnace just over 5 years ago, and just a month AFTER the warrenty ran out, the circuit board went out, and now I have to replace it to the tune of over $500.. I have no confidenct in the American Standard furnace.. the circuit board should be warrentied much longer than 5 years!! I would suggest that if you have an American Standard, that you get the circuit board replaced BEFORE the warrenty expires...

Date created: 2010-09-20 Name: Nelly
Location: Springfield, VA

"Unit works great"
I had my 20yr old Amana unit replaced with an American Standard split system 2 years ago and it's been working great. It's quiet and efficient. Please note that very little can go wrong with a brand new unit unless the mechanical contractor that put it in did a poor job. I work for a mechanical contractor myself and we install many brands, however the most preferred ones by our customers are AS and Carrier, that's why I decided to go for AS myself. It is also important to do your part of preventive maintenance and not wait until the unit breaks. There are so many people out there who don't even know how to change a filter and when; then 6 months down the road the problems start. Get a clue first and then call the equipment piece of crap. May be by starting to read that manual for once!

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Karen Mead
Location: NY

"Works fine, nothing special"
This furnace has worked ok. I wouldn't give it high marks because we go through a lot of oil and I think part of that is because the furnace isn't very fuel efficient. We haven't had any major issues but I would have preferred a unit that performed better. This one is very underwhelming.

Date created: 2010-08-25 Name: J. Holston
Location: Collingswood,NJ

"40 years still going strong"
Our house has an American Standard gas furnace and AC.We have never had a service call on it and has never failed to work. It was installed in May 1970. Thinking of replacing because it can't last forever and is AFUE 75%.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Brian S.

"Best Decision"
It's all about the installer, not the furnace. This furnace has worked like a champ since installed 2 years ago. Those who give bad reviews, you are blaming the wrong company. It's your installer. That's the issue. I have a friend and a neighbor who both installed the same system I installed, Freedom 95 Comfort-Rô Variable Speed, Three Stage Communicating Furnace. They also have had no issues. It's the installer. People, do your research.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Rich Krause

"Don't waste your money"
We bought our house with 1 Y.O. American Standard 90 % furnace. During the last 5 years, we had to call the service company 7 times and we've spent over $ 1,600. (2)ignitors, draft inducer assembly, main blower motor and some other parts. Don't waste your money on this product.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Solomon