Consumer Reviews of American Standard furnaces

Read more about American Standard furnaces

Date created: 2017-02-09 Name: B Anton
Location: Chugiak, AK

"Thieves and liars"
I bought this furnace by first checking out what kind of schematics were supplied with the unit. All seemed well as the schematics were easy to read making for any troubleshooting that would have to be done down the line. A little less than three years went by before troubleshooting was necessary. At that point I found that the schematic was useless as they had replaced all the wiring with a pc board with no markings. To make matters worse, I was told by a customer disservice representative that the company would pay for the parts under the warranty with the condition that a registered heating service employee would install it. Furthermore, I would have to pay for the installation. To add insult to injury these thieves and liars told me that I would have to pay for the shipping of the parts. The only part I liked about this useless chunk of tin is that I didn't have to install a flue for it. Everything else was useless junk. As for ever buying anything with the American standard label again, not only no, but heck no.

Date created: 2017-01-31 Name: ccampbell
Location: Seattle, WA

"Furnace is a lemon"
Heats well and is quiet but have had to replace the inducer motor 3 times in 7 years. $780 for each replacement not under warranty.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: H Hughes
Location: Hartville, OH

"Worst Company I dealt with"
We purchased this heat pump in Dec 2008 and it is not even listed anymore. This is a 16 Seer 3 Ton unit Model number aaywar0004 that worked great until Dec 2011. For the next 3 years it was one problem after another and it got to the point that a rep from Trane had to come out. I tried to get them to replace the entire unit but they would not. We purchased the extended warranty to cover this for 10 years. They pay for all replacement parts and or labor subject to the product coverage listed. Make sure you read it word for word. Does not cover shipping the replacement item so you have to pay for that. Service calls are only covered if during normal hours so if call is outside normal hours then you pay the difference so if you have an issue after hours it will cost you. I will never purchase another American Standard product again.

Date created: 2016-11-06 Name: Hema Jani

"Air quality is very poor"
I have lint-like white gray stuff all over my home and the installer doesn't know how to fix it. Wonder if it's installed properly?

Date created: 2016-03-14 Name: B. Schillo
Location: Kasson, MN

"Never buy American Standard"
This furnace is 7 years old and I have replaced the main circuit board, igniter and now it is a paper weight. This furnace has not functioned properly since I purchased it. The company customer relations is very poor as well as one of the worst warranties in the business. If this is what this company thinks America's Standards are then our country is in trouble. You are a fool to waste your money on this company's products!

Date created: 2016-02-25 Name: Steve
Location: Princeton, NJ

"Gold ZM"
We purchased this unit in 2014 along with a Gold A/C SEER 16 unit. This was a replacement for the original Builder Standard unit (Goodman). We have 2 zones and this was for my lower level with 9 foot ceilings. This unit is whisper quiet and provides a very comfortable environment. Easily handled the Northeast New Jersey snowy winters. Our energy costs are significantly lower and consuming less energy. The variable quality allows it to run on a slower speed for most of the time and it rarely kicks into high speed; only when returning from a trip when set on a lower vacation setting. This allows for an even temperature and no swings. Although slightly more then others, you get what you pay for. Trane/American Standard is truly the best.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Morrison co

"Heating fast for a good price!"
Our old furnace died in the fall of 2014 just after bringing home our brand new baby. I looked at reviews and we chose to purchase an American Standard model. It heats our home very quickly and our bills have been significantly lower since the purchase. We have had no issues with it and have not had to repair it at all. I would absolutely buy this brand again. The only con is that It was expensive but after seeing the lower bills every month I feel like the cost was worth it.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Boston, MA

"Quick heat and great value!"
We bought this furnace after our ancient American Standard furnace died in the middle of winter last year. So far, we are so impressed with this furnace. It runs well, is quick to heat and has saved us at least $100 on our gas bill compared to our old furnace. We bought this brand again because our old furnace lasted for decades. We figured that this new furnace might last a long time, too. Additionally, this is the same brand of furnace that our families have, and their furnaces have always lasted a long time. I would definitely buy this furnace again.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: Hema Jani

"Extremely noisy, very annoying Gold series"
Very noisy Gold series, and there were lots of problems with the installation! Very unsatisfied!

Date created: 2014-11-10 Name: M. Stocking
Location: LaGrange Park, IL

"Beware when buying a new furnace"
I would never buy another American Standard furnace again. I purchased this one a year ago. First, there were problems with the thermostat. Service had to come out three times before the company sent a part to fix that. They didn't charge for the part but I had to pay a service call for two times. Now, the furnace stopped working and I had to call a repair man. He identified the problem as an ignitor switch. The switch is covered under warranty, but not the service call and labor - $209. One does not expect this from a brand new furnace! I have used my service for many years with the old furnace and am disappointed in them for charging to repair the furnace they just installed a year ago.