Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-03 Name: E. Stanley

"Ed"
I am in the process of replacing my 23 year old Amana Air Command 80 furnace. Wonderful service; just four unscheduled service calls over the life of the unit. First one was related to intermittent ignition; Dealer installed a separate ground wire to water pipe under warranty. Have had just one igniter replaced. Someone on the thread said “Do not touch igniter surfaces.” That and a good ground connection is the secret. Plus a solid attachment so they do not vibrate. Also had to replace the controller in the a/c unit. The reason for current replacement is intermittent furnace ignition; the main gas valve is faulty, it does not supply enough gas pressure to support ignition. Good pressure at the inlet but below spec pressure at the burner. It has been adjusted to its highest setting but it is still intermittent. I have rust from A/C condensation in the A coil pan and the plenum. The humidifier needs to be replaced. It just seems that after 23 years my luck will finally run out. The unit was serviced by the installing dealer every fall, probably another reason that the unit performed so well. The original dealer is now a Trane and Rheem Dealer. I will let him talk but I am seriously looking for a local Amana Dealer to give me an estimate. I have read a number of Trane and Rheem reviews; they left me confused. People either liked them very much or disliked them very much; no middle ground. The same seems to be somewhat true for the Amana products.

Date created: 2009-10-02 Name: j paoli

"Amana air comand 90 gas furnace"
My furnace censor above sparker to light gas always goes off shutting down the furnace

Date created: 2009-09-23 Name: sfarrell

"Sfarrell"
Purchaced 2yr vacant home in 1990 furnace was already there (1984 date of install) it had homemade ductwork and it lookek awful. gutted the house replaced everything exept furnace. relocated unit, installed proper plenium and ductwork this amana never let me down. sold house in 2003 might still be working

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: b.savoie

"The most important day"
I have been installing hvac for over 17 years, the one thing I learned is, The most important day in the life of a heating and cooling system is the day it is installed. If you pick the lowest price bid, you will get what you pay for.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: Georgy boy
Location: Canada

"Love my amv9 96% efficient furnace"
We bought this furnace and I can tell you that our gas bill dropped 40%!!! this furnace with all the rebates and government inscentives paid itself in the first year. it is so quiet that you actually have to go in the basement to make sure that it is running it si the new kind ii stage variable dc brushless motor. absoultely no issues with it and it is even rated no1 on consumer reports among all the hi thech brands. we live in canada wher winters are hars, and this baby is just cruising on top of it it has lifetime unit replacement warranty!!! Thank you Amana for thinking of end user first!!

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Joshua Wingate

"No problems"
We had our Amana furnace installed by a certfied contractor (we did not go with the low bidder). In 6 years we have had no issues at all with this furnace. We do have it cleaned and checked annualy and make sure to change the filter every other month. It has been a superior furnace for us....our previous furnace was a Lennox model, which even though only about 10 years old, seemed to break down every winter. We would recommend Amana with flying colors.

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: AMANA

"Service Technician"
To all the consumers out there on the other side of the fence. I have serviced every brand for 15 yrs. Amana ranks high on my scale as far as warranty and quality. The most important thing for any brand is the installation the technicians doing the work,is the duct work matched corectly is the setup/dip settings right,is the t,stat right and programmed correct.There are endless factors and variables that are encountered but by far 99% of the time the equipment has premature failures it's the install not the equipment. The problem is you as a consumer and most often the guy out on your equipment doesn't either. Do your research on the contractor and the actual techs on your job first then pick your equipment and most times you can be happy with almost all brands.High ball heat pump specialist are far and few between so be very careful the whole he who bids the least gets the work cost your butt in the end. Darrell Love Snyder Air Cond. Jacksonville Fl.

Date created: 2009-03-22 Name: AMANA

"2004 Amana Furnace"
Came home this morning to a cold house. Our furnace stopped working again this is the 9th time in 5 years. 6 ignitors, 2 circuit boards and one gas valve. This furnace was recomended by the installation company. stay away from their products.........

Date created: 2009-03-06 Name: G. Barny
Location: San Diego, CA

"Great Unit!!!!"
I love our new Amana furnace! The unit has saved me several hundred dollars since it was put in 10 years ago. I have not had one problem. I used a great company out of San Diego for the install and am very happy with the product. I would recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2009-02-28 Name: Fred Smith
Location: Ohio

"Great Furnace No Problems"
Love the 95% furnace I purchased. Never had a problem and cut the bills in half. Would reccomend to everyone.