Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-21 Name: K. Petrik

"Too Cold?"
I just had to replace the motor on this furnace to the tune of $600.00. The average furnace life in this area is 25-35 years. The answer to my complaint is that I live in a cold climate and that is probably why it broke down in only nine years. Boy, was that an insult and a slap in the face. The only consolation I have received is to see a majority of equally dissatisfied customers. Amana should be ashamed of their products. It was a very costly lesson for a senior on a fixed income.

Date created: 2010-02-21 Name: E. Haas

"Amana AMV9"
We recently purchased a variable speed 95% efficiency furnace as part of a total HVAC overhaul. It was installed just over 2 months ago (Dec. 2009), and I must say I am starting to get pretty nervous. After reading some of the reviews about control boards, gas valves and ignitor failure and the replacements made ..... WOW, Same story here! All of those components have been replaced within the last two weeks. There hasn't been the opportunity to turn on the ac, but in reading those reviews and with our contractor due out Monday to fix yet another furnace not working problem, it is time to discuss the Lemon Law. It is disappointing to have so many problems with a reputable name such as Amana.

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: Phil

"Amana"
Furnace was in the house... It was inspected twice before we bought the house and then by the service for annual contract... Everyone raves about the furnace but we can't keep it operating... In just a couple of months, we have gone through three ignitors and a circuit board and it just failed again after repairs one week ago... Service man is frustrated and calling Amana... It might be a great unit but it stinks if it is not reliable enough to run when it is needed .... rating will go down to very unsatisfied if this continues!

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: Peter Maurer

"Very unsatisfied"
Chuck Johnson was from Pikes Peak sheet metal, installed and I have had problems. The install date was January 18th 2009, and I have made frequent calls to resolve my furnace operational issues. All calls made have been to no avail, and I continue to have problems with my furnace. You would think that a company like Amana would have a more reliable representative, representing the product. My name is Peter Maurer @ 719-392-0967

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: E. Hintz

"Amana Furnace"
The blower went out and cannot be repaired. Only an Amana furnace blower will fit so we are waiting on parts. Do not buy a furnace your service technicians can't fix.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: Jeffrey R. Easley , Owner of MEE Services

"Mee services"
If you buy an Amana system, use an Amana dealer. Amana has the best warranty, better than a Trane. You can also buy 10 years labor warranty. You must register the system after installation to get full warranty.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: R J
Location: Toms River, NJ

"Homeowner"
The Amana furnace that we purchased was recommended by the company that installed it in Toms River NJ. We had gone through 7 ignitors, 2 circuit boards, one gas valve and a dozen service calls in 5 years. 7 different technicians, as well as a factory engineer have checked it out last month. I woke up with no heat again. The company that did the install is telling me that the ignitor should be replaced every season, however, they are the only ones saying that, besides I never had an ignitor last a full season. Some of the ignitors failures maybe from oily hands, but not all. I now keep an ignitor by the unit. This is the worst furnace I have ever owned. I am afraid to go away for long periods of time, legal action will be the only resolve since the installer and Amana will not solve the problem. STAY AWAY FROM AMANA..... any positive reviews seem to be from either older units or from people who sell and service them.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: Maria

"Thermopompes N & R Sol"
We installed Amana heat pump on July 22, 2009. I canít really say how well the heat pump works but choose your contractor really well. We went with Thermopompes N & R Sol Inc, and I am regretting about our choice. We had to place a service call 4 times already (in 5 months).

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: CJ

"Amana furnace"
We are going on our fourth year with this horrible furnace. 13 service calls later, we are still frustrated that neither Long's Heating and Air Conditioning of New Jersey who installed the unit, nor Amana, will rectify the situation.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: D. Thiel

"Amana air command 90"
Quiet and works perfectly--no service calls---do they still make this model? I will buy another if available.