Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: S. McCann

"Good luck if you own an Amana"
After having a reputable HVAC company install my Amana 4 years ago, I've had nothing but problems. It has always gotten repaired quickly but it has been problem after problem. No fault in the install according to other companies that have looked at it. More than one has said, "must have been built on a Friday". Just my luck....I plan on having a different brand installed as soon as I can.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Jane Smith

"2 TON Amana Air Conditioning Unit"
Purchased my 2 ton unit last April (2009). Very loud, horrible sounding and blows newspapers on the floor and artificial flowers askew! Right after it was installed, it required 2 service calls to change the blower settings.....but still noisy when it comes on. It will wake you up!! I'm sleeping on the couch now because the unit is outside my bedroom window! I just had another service call because it's not cooling lower than 81. Unacceptable!!! I would like to blow this unit up, if I didn't still owe so much on it!!!

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: Gerald

"Amana model # GSE050DN3C"
Please review the model number of my Amana furnace. The serial number given gse050dn3c is really close to the recall model. I want to verify that you have a model number like mine, making it offical and two is my model number on the recall list. Please advise.

Date created: 2010-04-14 Name: Ross

"Amana Junk"
After only 40 months, my Amana high efficiency furnace crapped out. A weekend in the cold and $450 later, it now has a new circuit board and a pressure switch. These components should not fail after that time. The reason they fail is because they are Chinese-made junk. Those people have no quality control and Amana is greedy enough to buy their cheap crap. I am an electrical engineer and will always specify components made anywhere but China.

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: O. Taylor

"Very upset customer"
Hi! This unit is only 7 years, and am very upset. The warranty for this unit is only 5 years. This kind of appliance should have at least 15 years warranty. Amana should have free techician help, to advice the customer on what could be the problem and if it is a part, how much would it cost, etc. to avoid technician charging you more than they should charge. Like me, they changed a piece only to get a seal that comes with the new piece, and glue all around. Total cost for me is 500.00, only because I don't know much about it.

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: Cal Muzikar
Location: Story, Wyoming

"AMANA should check its quality control"
The trouble started in 2009 and cost me $1,115. As I write this, I am quite certain after reading several other Amana reviews, that I am not alone in my dissatisfaction with my gcva two stage variable speed gas furnace. Imagine, only 8 years old and the whole thing is malfunctioning. So each morning, I climb down in the crawl space and hit the reset to get the unit to heat up. I refuse to give the total comfort contractor another dime. I'm stuck in Story, Wyoming.

Date created: 2010-03-02 Name: G. S. Cole

"Installation Problem?"
I have read many reviews on this website. Many of the "unsatisfied" owners do not seem to take into account the installation. Every furnace, manufacturer will tell you that if the equipment is not properly sized for the building, and installed by technicians that abide by the rules, codes and manufacturers instructions, then problems will occur. I have been installing Amana equipment for about 3 years now, and have had extremely few problems. Also, I will admit that most of those problems were due to oversights by the installers. And we were the installers. We admit the problem, cover the repair for the customer, and learn from our mistake. In a perfect world, which is far, far away, all those working in this field, would be diligent, honest and remain educated with the industries changes. The phrase “we have always done it this way" does not cut-it anymore, and getting the job done as quickly as possible, in my opinion, is ill advised. The Amana Heating and Cooling line is a great piece of equipment and have some of the absolute best warranties available. I am also fortunate to have an Amana area wholesaler that provides great support through the process of installing and repair issues in a timely manner, so that I can give timely and correct answers to our customers. I can not say it enough to any home owner... Find an HVAC contractor that has your best interest in mind and does not treat it as a side job. You may notice I do not currently own an Amana furnace or A/C in my own home. But when my 16 year old system (Bryant) needs replacement it WILL be an Amana.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Dennis C.
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA

"Very Happy"
I had Sierra Valley Home Corp. in Rancho Cordova, Ca install my Amana amh80703ax in January of 2009. It came with lifetime unit replacement and 10 years parts warranty. They replaced all duct work and registers. Have had no problems through 2 winters. Great company and great product. Didn't try and oversell me. Sold me the right unit for my 1300 sq. ft. home. Heats up the house in 10-15 minutes.

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: P. Freeman

"Home Owner"
This is a new furnace. It is really bad. My bedrooms are cold. Can't stop the cold air that comes from this thing. I have to keep the thermo on 73 just to heat my L. room. My heat bill has gone up. I paid cash for this thing. Cannot really call it a furnace....Just a piece of junk. Amana Yuck!

Date created: 2010-02-24 Name: I. Britton

"Troublesome Furnace"
I had an Amana furnace installed last year. The company that installed are a good company and this year replaced the entire furnace with a new furnace because I was having so much trouble with igniters and circuit boards that it must be a lemon. I am satisfied with the installers but the equipment is very poor quality and caused me a lot of inconvenience. The new Amana furnace seems to be working O.K. for now.