Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2010-07-09 Name: John Hanson
Location: Minnesota

"John and Beth H."
We live in Minnesota and bought a new 95% Amana Variable Speed furnace with matching heat pump/air conditioner 2 yrs ago. With estimated savings of 45% on our heating and cooling bills. We didnt get 45% savings. Our savings have been over 55%!!! This system is so quiet we wondered at first if it was even running. Great equipment with proper installation. Highest recommendation from our family.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Nick M.

"Great Products"
I am an HVAC contractor and we carry the Amana Brand as well as many others. For those on here that are complaining about Amana refrigerators, microwaves, window units, etc. These products are not built by Goodman Company (manufacturer of Amana HVAC). The Maytag company produces all of the appliances and just leases the Amana name to the Goodman company so your gripes are misdirected. The biggest fault on here is with the quality of the installation. Get referrals from your friends and family, call the bbb, or check out Angies list before you deal with a contractor. Make sure your contractor spends some time with you to really find out if there are any problem areas in your home before they even go into the basement to look at your existing system. If a guy just comes in, heads for the basement and tells you that this is what you need, run away fast. It may be a cheaper price, but you get what you pay for. We have been around for over 25 years and have dealt with pretty much every product out there. Amana has shown to be a superior product in todays market. Their warranties are unbeatable and overall the quality is excellent. You can't always believe what you read on the internet. For every 10 reviews you read bashing a product, you can find 10 more praising it. It all comes down to do your homework, and find a reputable dealer to work with.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: D. Schmidt

"So Far, So Good"
I replaced a 25 year old Payne Gas Furnace whose "a" coil had been slammed with dust and dirt from the previous home owner that did not install the air filters properly. The furnace sits on a platform in the garage - and there is only 72 inches total for the furnace, including the a coil. Amana appears at this time to be the only manufacturer that makes a 33" high gas furnace - the 40" units just would not fit.... So far, so good. The stainless steel unit (Million Hour Heat Exchanger) has run reliably - and the contractor was willing to use the existing condenser (Also Payne) that had been installed in 2005 - that cut the project cost by at least $3,500.00. Since the "a" coil can take the new r-410a if the external expansion valve is replaced along with the condenser. I purchased the 80% efficient unit because I did not want to have to go 2 stories with new exhaust ducting - and the unit shares the exhaust ducting with the water heater. Very happy thus far.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: S. McCann

"Good luck if you own an Amana"
After having a reputable HVAC company install my Amana 4 years ago, I've had nothing but problems. It has always gotten repaired quickly but it has been problem after problem. No fault in the install according to other companies that have looked at it. More than one has said, "must have been built on a Friday". Just my luck....I plan on having a different brand installed as soon as I can.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Jane Smith

"2 TON Amana Air Conditioning Unit"
Purchased my 2 ton unit last April (2009). Very loud, horrible sounding and blows newspapers on the floor and artificial flowers askew! Right after it was installed, it required 2 service calls to change the blower settings.....but still noisy when it comes on. It will wake you up!! I'm sleeping on the couch now because the unit is outside my bedroom window! I just had another service call because it's not cooling lower than 81. Unacceptable!!! I would like to blow this unit up, if I didn't still owe so much on it!!!

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: Gerald

"Amana model # GSE050DN3C"
Please review the model number of my Amana furnace. The serial number given gse050dn3c is really close to the recall model. I want to verify that you have a model number like mine, making it offical and two is my model number on the recall list. Please advise.

Date created: 2010-04-14 Name: Ross

"Amana Junk"
After only 40 months, my Amana high efficiency furnace crapped out. A weekend in the cold and $450 later, it now has a new circuit board and a pressure switch. These components should not fail after that time. The reason they fail is because they are Chinese-made junk. Those people have no quality control and Amana is greedy enough to buy their cheap crap. I am an electrical engineer and will always specify components made anywhere but China.

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: O. Taylor

"Very upset customer"
Hi! This unit is only 7 years, and am very upset. The warranty for this unit is only 5 years. This kind of appliance should have at least 15 years warranty. Amana should have free techician help, to advice the customer on what could be the problem and if it is a part, how much would it cost, etc. to avoid technician charging you more than they should charge. Like me, they changed a piece only to get a seal that comes with the new piece, and glue all around. Total cost for me is 500.00, only because I don't know much about it.

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: Cal Muzikar
Location: Story, Wyoming

"AMANA should check its quality control"
The trouble started in 2009 and cost me $1,115. As I write this, I am quite certain after reading several other Amana reviews, that I am not alone in my dissatisfaction with my gcva two stage variable speed gas furnace. Imagine, only 8 years old and the whole thing is malfunctioning. So each morning, I climb down in the crawl space and hit the reset to get the unit to heat up. I refuse to give the total comfort contractor another dime. I'm stuck in Story, Wyoming.

Date created: 2010-03-02 Name: G. S. Cole

"Installation Problem?"
I have read many reviews on this website. Many of the "unsatisfied" owners do not seem to take into account the installation. Every furnace, manufacturer will tell you that if the equipment is not properly sized for the building, and installed by technicians that abide by the rules, codes and manufacturers instructions, then problems will occur. I have been installing Amana equipment for about 3 years now, and have had extremely few problems. Also, I will admit that most of those problems were due to oversights by the installers. And we were the installers. We admit the problem, cover the repair for the customer, and learn from our mistake. In a perfect world, which is far, far away, all those working in this field, would be diligent, honest and remain educated with the industries changes. The phrase “we have always done it this way" does not cut-it anymore, and getting the job done as quickly as possible, in my opinion, is ill advised. The Amana Heating and Cooling line is a great piece of equipment and have some of the absolute best warranties available. I am also fortunate to have an Amana area wholesaler that provides great support through the process of installing and repair issues in a timely manner, so that I can give timely and correct answers to our customers. I can not say it enough to any home owner... Find an HVAC contractor that has your best interest in mind and does not treat it as a side job. You may notice I do not currently own an Amana furnace or A/C in my own home. But when my 16 year old system (Bryant) needs replacement it WILL be an Amana.