Consumer Reviews of Amana furnaces

Read more about Amana furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: Mike D
Location: Rochester, NY

"Amana is the BEST for homeowners"
It's truly sad that Jon Moon president of AAA Aire Heating & Cooling LLC. feels that Amana is hurting his business so much that not only did he inaccurately inform potential customers, he is so full of it that he forgot to include the brand he does install!!! Reason? cause when you compare it to the actual facts people will see how it falls short the the AMANA brand and its UNBEATABLE WARRANTIES. Example the AMANA line has Ten years parts, and LIFETIME COMPLETE FURNACE REPLACEMENT for the original registered owner and their spouse, which means should you ever have a failure of the heat exchanger guess what you get an entirely new furnace. And if that model is longer in production 20, 30, 40 years down the line you get the newer unit in its place. Now who has the customers best interest at heart. Most contractors who find failed heat exchangers elevate the charge for replacement of an heat exchanger purposely so you think it makes better sense to replace the whole furnace. Not AMANA Contractors. By the way have I mentioned AMANA uses 409 Stainless Steel while others use a lesser quality steel. Or that they offer the same warranties on certain air conditioning units as well. AMANA is no Goodman.... Amana® is a trademark of Maytag Corporation and used under license to Goodman Company, L.P. Houston-based Goodman Global, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of heating, ventilation and air conditioning products for residential and light-commercial use. The goodman line uses Alumizied steel for there heat exchangers and warranties are not the same. With AMANA your set for life, its a one time purchase and I've saved the best for last...if you should ever sell your home the next homeowner receives a 20 year warranty on the heat exchanger, 5 years on select air conditioning models. Educate your selves full before spending a cent and you'll see AMANA is the best choice for more reason then I've list here. Mike D. Advanced Heating and Cooling Rochester NY (where do to harsh winters we push our furnaces to the limit)

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Jon Moon
Location: Raymore, MO.

"Reply to all reviews"
This is Jon Moon president of AAA Aire Heating & Cooling LLC. Amana is the worst furnace you can buy. Amana is made by Goodman. The lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger is standard with all makes. No one is going to use that warranty on the heat exchangers because after the labor warranry is over, it would be cheaper for you to buy a new furnace then to pay the labor to have it done. Everything in the furnace has to come out for the heat exchanger to come out and you are looking at a 5 hour job if they know what they are doing. All makes of furnaces use SS heat exchangers. Pat, give that furnace a year or two, it will need repair on the board or the vent motor. Any furnace is going to be more efficient then what you had. Diane, good point. Goodman has the loudest furnace on the market. Lennox has the loudest A/C and heat pumps on the market. If you own a Amana Sorry!
Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: Julie N.
Location: Des Moines, IA

"Great Quality Good Price"
I live in Des Moines Iowa. I had an Amana amv95 and a asx18 last year by best Heating & Cooling. Well after a year of using the system we have saved some serious money on our MidAmerican Energy bill. They said it would be like 25% savings after a year I am 38%. The system is so quiet too. Not to mention the Dehumidification system that is built into the a/C. Our Iowa summers are very humid. I hope this review helps people make a good choice of systems. Make sure the company installing it know what they are doing. We found online reviews of best and they were really good. Good Luck
Date created: 2010-10-28 Name: Mary Martin
Location: Glendora, CA

"Warm in Glendora"
I just replaced my 6 year old Ruud system with a new Amana 95% furnace and 15 SEER A/C unit. My Ruud was just awful. I am not sure if it was bad because of the local installers here in Glendora just didn't care? My neighbors recommended the Glendora company because they were cheaper. But I had enough of that system and it wasn't worth beans. Now my system is so quiet and even in temperature. The Amana installers were so professional, clean and neat. It did cost me more but now I am on a fixed income so I wanted it done right. I just Love my Amana.
Date created: 2010-10-10 Name: E Frank
Location: Toronto

"Exceptional product"
I isnalled Amana furnace two years a go. I found it very reliabel and energy efficent. So for with compare to my old furnace I saved lots of money in energy bill. I think if amana furnace is installed by a professional instaler it is a very good investment.
Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: Pat J
Location: Puyallup, WA

"AMVC95 Amana Furnace"
Wow! Very Nice unit super efficient and comes with a lifetime unit replacement. The heat exchanger is unlike any other in the market. Come with Stainless still heat exchanger (standard). This will be the last furnace you will buy.
Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: Diane Johnson
Location: Bridgewater NJ

"Ac and furnace"
EXTREMELY LOUD-- I am waiting to hear if something can be done about it. It is unacceptable! For such a big expense and investment it should not be this way.
Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Harran
Location: Mississauga, ON

"Amana Pinnacle is the worst"
I have a Pinnacle AMANA furnace for last 4 years. EVERY YEAR atleast twice I had to pay $130 technician to fix it. First it was Control Board. Next time it was something else. And the PINNACLE people's service is the worst. They dont care at all. It came with the house and IT IS THE WORST FURNACE AND PINNACLE IS THE WORST COMPANY.
Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: Al Plumhoff

"Model GUVA 2 Stage Variable Speed"
Installed by dealer 5/29/03. Every year I have a problem turning on the heat from AC. I've had to call for service every year for this problem. I've been told it is a wiring problem, but somehow it never gets fixed permanently.
Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: D. Espinosa
Location: Monrovia CA 91016

"Warm and COZY"
I have had this unit in my home for over 5 years. With the proper yearly maintenace, I have had no issues on my system. The dealer told me I would save approx 30% on my utilities. He was right. I am very happy with the choice I made.