Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-10 Name: E Frank
Location: Toronto

"Exceptional product"
I isnalled Amana furnace two years a go. I found it very reliabel and energy efficent. So for with compare to my old furnace I saved lots of money in energy bill. I think if amana furnace is installed by a professional instaler it is a very good investment.

Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: Pat J
Location: Puyallup, WA

"AMVC95 Amana Furnace"
Wow! Very Nice unit super efficient and comes with a lifetime unit replacement. The heat exchanger is unlike any other in the market. Come with Stainless still heat exchanger (standard). This will be the last furnace you will buy.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: Diane Johnson
Location: Bridgewater NJ

"Ac and furnace"
EXTREMELY LOUD-- I am waiting to hear if something can be done about it. It is unacceptable! For such a big expense and investment it should not be this way.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Harran
Location: Mississauga, ON

"Amana Pinnacle is the worst"
I have a Pinnacle AMANA furnace for last 4 years. EVERY YEAR atleast twice I had to pay $130 technician to fix it. First it was Control Board. Next time it was something else. And the PINNACLE people's service is the worst. They dont care at all. It came with the house and IT IS THE WORST FURNACE AND PINNACLE IS THE WORST COMPANY.

Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: Al Plumhoff

"Model GUVA 2 Stage Variable Speed"
Installed by dealer 5/29/03. Every year I have a problem turning on the heat from AC. I've had to call for service every year for this problem. I've been told it is a wiring problem, but somehow it never gets fixed permanently.

Date created: 2010-08-31 Name: D. Espinosa
Location: Monrovia CA 91016

"Warm and COZY"
I have had this unit in my home for over 5 years. With the proper yearly maintenace, I have had no issues on my system. The dealer told me I would save approx 30% on my utilities. He was right. I am very happy with the choice I made.

Date created: 2010-07-09 Name: John Hanson
Location: Minnesota

"John and Beth H."
We live in Minnesota and bought a new 95% Amana Variable Speed furnace with matching heat pump/air conditioner 2 yrs ago. With estimated savings of 45% on our heating and cooling bills. We didnt get 45% savings. Our savings have been over 55%!!! This system is so quiet we wondered at first if it was even running. Great equipment with proper installation. Highest recommendation from our family.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Nick M.

"Great Products"
I am an HVAC contractor and we carry the Amana Brand as well as many others. For those on here that are complaining about Amana refrigerators, microwaves, window units, etc. These products are not built by Goodman Company (manufacturer of Amana HVAC). The Maytag company produces all of the appliances and just leases the Amana name to the Goodman company so your gripes are misdirected. The biggest fault on here is with the quality of the installation. Get referrals from your friends and family, call the bbb, or check out Angies list before you deal with a contractor. Make sure your contractor spends some time with you to really find out if there are any problem areas in your home before they even go into the basement to look at your existing system. If a guy just comes in, heads for the basement and tells you that this is what you need, run away fast. It may be a cheaper price, but you get what you pay for. We have been around for over 25 years and have dealt with pretty much every product out there. Amana has shown to be a superior product in todays market. Their warranties are unbeatable and overall the quality is excellent. You can't always believe what you read on the internet. For every 10 reviews you read bashing a product, you can find 10 more praising it. It all comes down to do your homework, and find a reputable dealer to work with.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: D. Schmidt

"So Far, So Good"
I replaced a 25 year old Payne Gas Furnace whose "a" coil had been slammed with dust and dirt from the previous home owner that did not install the air filters properly. The furnace sits on a platform in the garage - and there is only 72 inches total for the furnace, including the a coil. Amana appears at this time to be the only manufacturer that makes a 33" high gas furnace - the 40" units just would not fit.... So far, so good. The stainless steel unit (Million Hour Heat Exchanger) has run reliably - and the contractor was willing to use the existing condenser (Also Payne) that had been installed in 2005 - that cut the project cost by at least $3,500.00. Since the "a" coil can take the new r-410a if the external expansion valve is replaced along with the condenser. I purchased the 80% efficient unit because I did not want to have to go 2 stories with new exhaust ducting - and the unit shares the exhaust ducting with the water heater. Very happy thus far.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: S. McCann

"Good luck if you own an Amana"
After having a reputable HVAC company install my Amana 4 years ago, I've had nothing but problems. It has always gotten repaired quickly but it has been problem after problem. No fault in the install according to other companies that have looked at it. More than one has said, "must have been built on a Friday". Just my luck....I plan on having a different brand installed as soon as I can.