Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: H. Mantha
Location: Sarnia Ontario, CA

"Never buy this furnace nothing but problems"
This is a very noisy furnace and doesn't give off much heat. Have had to have the motor replace on the exhaust after 5 years. Should have been replaced after 4 years but my son was able to keep it running an extra winter. For the price we payed for this furnace we would have been better off getting our old one fixed. It was in the house when we bought it and never had any problems and it was a very old furnace. As soon as I can save up enough money will have it replaced. Would not recommend Amana furnace to any one.

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: cory diehl
Location: arthur,ont

"96%amana furnace"
We had a Clare megasave BIG old furnace gas, cost 130mth to heat. after it blew up we replaced with daul stage AMANA 96. & heat dropped to 70mth & distributed the heat alot better through the house. I am a HVAC ductcleaner & see alot of diffrent furnaces. I would highly recommend this 96% after seeing diffrences in my own home.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Chris

"Amana Heating Unit"
My experience: I had an Amana heating system with a Goodman air conditioner installed 8 years ago. Since then, I have had 4 service calls on the heater. Three times for problems related to the control panel, and once for a "wiring problem." I live in the Los Angeles area so I use the heater only occasionally during the winter months here (basically only Dec and Jan) . Consequently, I am not impressed with the reliability of the Amana heater. In fact, I ran across this site while searching for troubleshooting help, because this morning the heater would not turn on. The Goodman air conditioner, on the other hand, has been rock solid and has never needed repair, which is ironic since I use the air conditioner far more frequently than the heater.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: T. Alan
Location: Hampton, GA

"Seems to be ok, now"
I've had a 95% AFUE Amana furnace and associated 12 SEER A/C (R22 coolant) unit for 12 years, and have had 7 service calls during the period, two to replace blower motors ($500.00 each), one visit for a condensation pump failure, and two separate circuit board failures due to lightning surges. The motors were just plain defective and NOT covered by warranty. The first failed after 6 years, the second failed the very next year. I don't consider any of the problems to be a fault of Amana, necessarily. Amana doesn't make the motors or the condensation pump. Two service calls were due to an incorrect installation; a 2" vent should have been 3", and the drain was placed too close to the bottom, picking up trash and clogging the drain, which shut down the system, as it should. I've had ZERO issues for the last 2 1/2 years. Overall, very pleased with the efficiency and comfort of the Amana. I would probably buy another. The important point is that my local HVAC guy sold and SUPPORTED what he installed. He was available 24/7 and responded/fixed every issue very timely. He could have sold ANY brand as far as I'm concerned, as long as he could support what he sold.

Date created: 2010-12-04 Name: Mike
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Loud flame sound"
Amana amvc80905cx..installed in May 2010. First used in November 2010 (finally got cold here in AZ). Our unit is in a HVAC closet inside the home. Blower noise is acceptable, but the flame noise was outrageous. Spoke with dealer, removed "California NOx screens". Flame sound is now acceptable (thankfully). Too soon to know how energy or performance differs with the screens removed.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: J Rine
Location: Roscoe, il.

"Bad, bad, bad, old furnace put in pole barn still works"
11 yrs old, had a service man out 8 x"s. will be the last amana product i will ever purchase

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Liz Manix
Location: hayward, ca

"Will never buy an Amana again"
I have an Amana 90 Air command Gas Furnace. This heater has never worked right. It breaks down every year. It is loud and doesn't distribute the heat very well, even though every furnace repair company says it is install correctly.

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: Mike D
Location: Rochester, NY

"Amana is the BEST for homeowners"
It's truly sad that Jon Moon president of AAA Aire Heating & Cooling LLC. feels that Amana is hurting his business so much that not only did he inaccurately inform potential customers, he is so full of it that he forgot to include the brand he does install!!! Reason? cause when you compare it to the actual facts people will see how it falls short the the AMANA brand and its UNBEATABLE WARRANTIES. Example the AMANA line has Ten years parts, and LIFETIME COMPLETE FURNACE REPLACEMENT for the original registered owner and their spouse, which means should you ever have a failure of the heat exchanger guess what you get an entirely new furnace. And if that model is longer in production 20, 30, 40 years down the line you get the newer unit in its place. Now who has the customers best interest at heart. Most contractors who find failed heat exchangers elevate the charge for replacement of an heat exchanger purposely so you think it makes better sense to replace the whole furnace. Not AMANA Contractors. By the way have I mentioned AMANA uses 409 Stainless Steel while others use a lesser quality steel. Or that they offer the same warranties on certain air conditioning units as well. AMANA is no Goodman.... Amana® is a trademark of Maytag Corporation and used under license to Goodman Company, L.P. Houston-based Goodman Global, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of heating, ventilation and air conditioning products for residential and light-commercial use. The goodman line uses Alumizied steel for there heat exchangers and warranties are not the same. With AMANA your set for life, its a one time purchase and I've saved the best for last...if you should ever sell your home the next homeowner receives a 20 year warranty on the heat exchanger, 5 years on select air conditioning models. Educate your selves full before spending a cent and you'll see AMANA is the best choice for more reason then I've list here. Mike D. Advanced Heating and Cooling Rochester NY (where do to harsh winters we push our furnaces to the limit)

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Jon Moon
Location: Raymore, MO.

"Reply to all reviews"
This is Jon Moon president of AAA Aire Heating & Cooling LLC. Amana is the worst furnace you can buy. Amana is made by Goodman. The lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger is standard with all makes. No one is going to use that warranty on the heat exchangers because after the labor warranry is over, it would be cheaper for you to buy a new furnace then to pay the labor to have it done. Everything in the furnace has to come out for the heat exchanger to come out and you are looking at a 5 hour job if they know what they are doing. All makes of furnaces use SS heat exchangers. Pat, give that furnace a year or two, it will need repair on the board or the vent motor. Any furnace is going to be more efficient then what you had. Diane, good point. Goodman has the loudest furnace on the market. Lennox has the loudest A/C and heat pumps on the market. If you own a Amana Sorry!

Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: Julie N.
Location: Des Moines, IA

"Great Quality Good Price"
I live in Des Moines Iowa. I had an Amana amv95 and a asx18 last year by best Heating & Cooling. Well after a year of using the system we have saved some serious money on our MidAmerican Energy bill. They said it would be like 25% savings after a year I am 38%. The system is so quiet too. Not to mention the Dehumidification system that is built into the a/C. Our Iowa summers are very humid. I hope this review helps people make a good choice of systems. Make sure the company installing it know what they are doing. We found online reviews of best and they were really good. Good Luck