Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Phillip Leonti
Location: Glendora, CA

"I Love my Amana"
I had two systems replaced in my home Upstairs was Trane system, downstairs Rheem system. The Trane developed leaks in the aluminum coils outside and the Rheem was so noisy I was ashamed to turn it on. They both worked just OK and were installed by the builder when the home was built a few years ago. Now I replaced both systems with new Amama 16 SEER 2-stage A/C units with matching Amana 95% AFUE furnaces in the attic. This was the best investment and I am so pleased in getting rid of the nasty Trane and Rheem units. I save over 50% on my utility bills and these new units are now so quiet inside and out its unbelievable. The installers were the best. It took them six days and worked like dogs. I replaced all the plastic flex ducts with metal ducts and now I have so much air in each room its amazing. I d really do believe that having good installers makes the difference. Amana is a great Product.

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: J Somma
Location: Arvada, CO

"Sounds like a jet engine!"
Just replaced our 20 year old furnace with an 80% efficient Amana furnace. We were told it has great technology ... like a jet engine. I wish I could attach a sound bite to this posting ... because it SOUNDS like a jet engine. Installer came back and told us this is "normal" ... but we can hear this furnace - which is installed in our basement - while we are outside in our garage. Installer told us if we would have paid 50% more for the 95% efficient, that this unit would have been quiet. Not happy at all!!
Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: H. Mantha
Location: Sarnia Ontario, CA

"Never buy this furnace nothing but problems"
This is a very noisy furnace and doesn't give off much heat. Have had to have the motor replace on the exhaust after 5 years. Should have been replaced after 4 years but my son was able to keep it running an extra winter. For the price we payed for this furnace we would have been better off getting our old one fixed. It was in the house when we bought it and never had any problems and it was a very old furnace. As soon as I can save up enough money will have it replaced. Would not recommend Amana furnace to any one.
Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: cory diehl
Location: arthur,ont

"96%amana furnace"
We had a Clare megasave BIG old furnace gas, cost 130mth to heat. after it blew up we replaced with daul stage AMANA 96. & heat dropped to 70mth & distributed the heat alot better through the house. I am a HVAC ductcleaner & see alot of diffrent furnaces. I would highly recommend this 96% after seeing diffrences in my own home.
Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Chris

"Amana Heating Unit"
My experience: I had an Amana heating system with a Goodman air conditioner installed 8 years ago. Since then, I have had 4 service calls on the heater. Three times for problems related to the control panel, and once for a "wiring problem." I live in the Los Angeles area so I use the heater only occasionally during the winter months here (basically only Dec and Jan) . Consequently, I am not impressed with the reliability of the Amana heater. In fact, I ran across this site while searching for troubleshooting help, because this morning the heater would not turn on. The Goodman air conditioner, on the other hand, has been rock solid and has never needed repair, which is ironic since I use the air conditioner far more frequently than the heater.
Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: T. Alan
Location: Hampton, GA

"Seems to be ok, now"
I've had a 95% AFUE Amana furnace and associated 12 SEER A/C (R22 coolant) unit for 12 years, and have had 7 service calls during the period, two to replace blower motors ($500.00 each), one visit for a condensation pump failure, and two separate circuit board failures due to lightning surges. The motors were just plain defective and NOT covered by warranty. The first failed after 6 years, the second failed the very next year. I don't consider any of the problems to be a fault of Amana, necessarily. Amana doesn't make the motors or the condensation pump. Two service calls were due to an incorrect installation; a 2" vent should have been 3", and the drain was placed too close to the bottom, picking up trash and clogging the drain, which shut down the system, as it should. I've had ZERO issues for the last 2 1/2 years. Overall, very pleased with the efficiency and comfort of the Amana. I would probably buy another. The important point is that my local HVAC guy sold and SUPPORTED what he installed. He was available 24/7 and responded/fixed every issue very timely. He could have sold ANY brand as far as I'm concerned, as long as he could support what he sold.
Date created: 2010-12-04 Name: Mike
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Loud flame sound"
Amana amvc80905cx..installed in May 2010. First used in November 2010 (finally got cold here in AZ). Our unit is in a HVAC closet inside the home. Blower noise is acceptable, but the flame noise was outrageous. Spoke with dealer, removed "California NOx screens". Flame sound is now acceptable (thankfully). Too soon to know how energy or performance differs with the screens removed.
Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: J Rine
Location: Roscoe, il.

"Bad, bad, bad, old furnace put in pole barn still works"
11 yrs old, had a service man out 8 x"s. will be the last amana product i will ever purchase
Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Liz Manix
Location: hayward, ca

"Will never buy an Amana again"
I have an Amana 90 Air command Gas Furnace. This heater has never worked right. It breaks down every year. It is loud and doesn't distribute the heat very well, even though every furnace repair company says it is install correctly.
Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: Mike D
Location: Rochester, NY

"Amana is the BEST for homeowners"
It's truly sad that Jon Moon president of AAA Aire Heating & Cooling LLC. feels that Amana is hurting his business so much that not only did he inaccurately inform potential customers, he is so full of it that he forgot to include the brand he does install!!! Reason? cause when you compare it to the actual facts people will see how it falls short the the AMANA brand and its UNBEATABLE WARRANTIES. Example the AMANA line has Ten years parts, and LIFETIME COMPLETE FURNACE REPLACEMENT for the original registered owner and their spouse, which means should you ever have a failure of the heat exchanger guess what you get an entirely new furnace. And if that model is longer in production 20, 30, 40 years down the line you get the newer unit in its place. Now who has the customers best interest at heart. Most contractors who find failed heat exchangers elevate the charge for replacement of an heat exchanger purposely so you think it makes better sense to replace the whole furnace. Not AMANA Contractors. By the way have I mentioned AMANA uses 409 Stainless Steel while others use a lesser quality steel. Or that they offer the same warranties on certain air conditioning units as well. AMANA is no Goodman.... Amana® is a trademark of Maytag Corporation and used under license to Goodman Company, L.P. Houston-based Goodman Global, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of heating, ventilation and air conditioning products for residential and light-commercial use. The goodman line uses Alumizied steel for there heat exchangers and warranties are not the same. With AMANA your set for life, its a one time purchase and I've saved the best for last...if you should ever sell your home the next homeowner receives a 20 year warranty on the heat exchanger, 5 years on select air conditioning models. Educate your selves full before spending a cent and you'll see AMANA is the best choice for more reason then I've list here. Mike D. Advanced Heating and Cooling Rochester NY (where do to harsh winters we push our furnaces to the limit)