Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: Mike
Location: Ames, IA

"Simple and Awesome"
I don't know the model. It is an Amana and it is awesome. I installed it when I moved in 12 years ago. It is a very simple single stage, high efficiency (92%) furnace. Simple to do preventative maintenance yourself. I do have to swap out the blower motor which will be a breeze. 4 screws, 2 hoses that just push on, and an electric connector that is a push on. The only issue is to make sure you blow out (with your mouth) the couple of water hoses that can jam with ladybugs (happened to me once). It is a little loud since its a single stage high efficiency, inexpensive, easy to maintain. I'd rather have simple and reliable than complicated and delicate. I think Amana got sold so don't know about current quality but the one I have is great. Now I have to replace the AC, not many good reviews on any of them. ick.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: jack lance
Location: Clifton,New Jersey

"Great Furnace"
Great furnace, one of the best units I proudly offer to my commercial clients. I am using it for almost 5 years with a technical glitch which I service from Bergen (973-779-9977). Meanwhile, a good furnace at all.

Date created: 2013-01-24 Name: Allan Mullaly
Location: Mississauga

"Very Satisfied"
I am so happy to select best furnace for my home heating system. Amana furnace is matchless with other furnaces. In Toronto I got best services of Clean Air Heat (905-201-1293). I am now enjoy this winter my Amana furnace.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: M. Dorchester
Location: Albuquerque, NM

"Piece of crap"
A reputable Albuquerque firm sold me this 80% efficiency furnace in Oct. 2005. Jan. 2010, just after 5-yr. warranty expired on parts other than heat exchanger, no heat. Same firm called it a lemon & tried to sell me another new furnace. I boycotted them, but have had problems almost every year. No heat is no fun. Sometimes, if unplugged for a while, it will reset & work again. Bad mother board or something, but I will never buy Amana again. Bad furnace!

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: T Deal
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

"Amana 80% Multi-speed"
I bought this furnace because the Heating Guys recommended it because of its Heat Exchanger. Within 3 years I had to replace the electrical board and just 2 years later I replaced it again. (This past Monday) I got home today and the furnace was out again. Same symptoms as before. I suspect the "new" board is going out again for the third time. Thankfully it is still under warranty for the part but Amana won't pay for the labor to install the part. If I knew then that it would be such a headache I wouldn't have bought this brand name. Never again!

Date created: 2012-08-17 Name: JADams
Location: elk grove, CA

"Amana Modulating Furnace"
Just purchased and installed new modulating furnace with variable speed blower fan from Amana AMVM961005DX with matching AC coil, chpf4860d6d*+TXV, AC unit 4-ton model asxc180481a with two speed blower fan, 2-stage compressor. Total btu 47,500 sensible 36,100 seer 18.00 seer 13.00 ari#4654768. Got the 10 parts and labor and lifetime compressor/heat exchanger along with lifetime replacement on both. Oh my god, this unit is sweet. Can't even hear the furnace running on low speed fan, let alone with the furnace going (it's still summer here so). House warmed up quickly. AC unit is freakishly quiet on low stage and the house has a crap load of air flow and pulls down quickly and stays there on low stage. Highly, highly recommend the Amana. Originally didn't lean toward Amana as I have a York on another property. Got 24 bids from Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Rheem, Goodman, etc. Amana was second cheapest bid to York. Originally leaning toward York, couldn't get 18 seer on 4 ton AC with modulating furnace 98% on York (best is 17seer/13 seer). Have York unit on another home of mine which is nice also. Thing that sealed deal was efficiency and mostly the warranty from Amana. Can't beat it right now. Very nicely built unit. Do have to say installation is crucial to get full use of all components (Venstar t5800 touchscreen with wifi key) and ensure long life. I upgraded my ducting a couple of years ago to allow for maximum air flow and tied all room returns and hall returns back into unit. Have bypass duct on blower. Replaced an 8 year old Carrier, 5 ton furnace 3.5 ton AC unit (bad refrigerant leak due to bad install by Beautler caused pre-mature failure of compressor). Kept leaking even after repair. This is why I say installation is crucial. Old Carrier furnace is in good condition so I will keep.

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Joe Favero
Location: Centennial, CO

"Amana Customer Service SUCKS"
My installer was Front Range Service. They did not fill out the warranty information within 60 days of installation. Even though they were supposed too. Called Amana to get corrected and they would not even consider it. I will never use Amana again. For the price I would get Trane. Also do not use Front Rangally all. They were the worst I have ever worked with.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: LNesmith
Location: Livonia, MI

"Our's won't last at this rate!"
Our Amana was installed 8 years ago and we had no problems the first few years. Then our motor started making noise and it only gets louder and louder as time goes on. Our furnace barely runs in the evening, but it pumps out heat all night long causing us to have $200+ gas bills in the winter. I hate our furnace and I hate the people that keep servicing it, it's a total con!

Date created: 2011-10-31 Name: Jane Doe
Location: Lanisng, MI

"AMANA sucks"
Don't buy it, after 5 years of a great furnace, it suddenly has intermittent failures and no one seems to be able to fix the problem, and of course it happened right after the warranty was up. I hate this furnace and wish I could afford to put a new one in my home. I even had an amana engineer at my house to look at it and after spending $268 dollars it wasn't the fix. I'm so ticked off.

Date created: 2011-10-29 Name: K-Dog
Location: Rochester, NY

"11 Years to First Problem"
Had this 95 installed 10/4/00 by a local Heating & Cooling Contractor (also an Amana Dealer). It has performed flawlessly until the first minor problem today (blower cycles On-Off trying to run in "Fan Only" mode). I've been running the fan in auto low speed 24/7 for the last several years to circulate and HEPA filter the air. It still runs fine in normal fast (heating) mode so it's not completely broken - probably the controller board - I'm still investigating. I've never replaced even the igniter or any other component. Very reliable unit - I'd buy another Amana GUX-X without hesitation.