Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2013-09-01 Name: Gerald tew
Location: Greensboro nc

"Homeowner Contractor"
I have done heating and cooling for 30 years. Installed furnace in September 2010. Unit is quiet, efficient, and has been trouble-free. System seldom needs 2nd stage. Size it right, install it right, and you will be happy.

Date created: 2013-06-04 Name: John F. Roach
Location: Hendersonville, TN

"Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger & Scroll Compressor; Both With Lifetime Warranties"
Very pleased with this Amana APG13 packaged gas/electric HVAC unit. All components of this type are installed in one neat package just outside the house. The furnace is gas and the A/C is electric. The unit was installed in April 2012 and is starting its second summer. Have went through one or two months of hotter than normal weather and colder than normal weather, and the unit keeps the house very comfortable. I have an AC man who cleans the unit in spring and checks the air conditioner and he comes back in the fall to check the startup of the gas for heating season. My AC guy had serviced my previous unit for several years and I went with his bid because I felt he was straightforward and dependable. The stainless steel heat exchanger and the scroll compressor, both with lifetime warranties were major selling points of this Amana. Unit looks good outside and is insulated more than the older packaged unit that it replaced. My A/C electric bills have been quite a bit lower and my gas bill is a little lower with this unit. I would purchase this Amana model again.

Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: Mike
Location: Ames, IA

"Simple and Awesome"
I don't know the model. It is an Amana and it is awesome. I installed it when I moved in 12 years ago. It is a very simple single stage, high efficiency (92%) furnace. Simple to do preventative maintenance yourself. I do have to swap out the blower motor which will be a breeze. 4 screws, 2 hoses that just push on, and an electric connector that is a push on. The only issue is to make sure you blow out (with your mouth) the couple of water hoses that can jam with ladybugs (happened to me once). It is a little loud since its a single stage high efficiency, inexpensive, easy to maintain. I'd rather have simple and reliable than complicated and delicate. I think Amana got sold so don't know about current quality but the one I have is great. Now I have to replace the AC, not many good reviews on any of them. ick.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: jack lance
Location: Clifton,New Jersey

"Great Furnace"
Great furnace, one of the best units I proudly offer to my commercial clients. I am using it for almost 5 years with a technical glitch which I service from Bergen (973-779-9977). Meanwhile, a good furnace at all.

Date created: 2013-01-24 Name: Allan Mullaly
Location: Mississauga

"Very Satisfied"
I am so happy to select best furnace for my home heating system. Amana furnace is matchless with other furnaces. In Toronto I got best services of Clean Air Heat (905-201-1293). I am now enjoy this winter my Amana furnace.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: T Deal
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

"Amana 80% Multi-speed"
I bought this furnace because the Heating Guys recommended it because of its Heat Exchanger. Within 3 years I had to replace the electrical board and just 2 years later I replaced it again. (This past Monday) I got home today and the furnace was out again. Same symptoms as before. I suspect the "new" board is going out again for the third time. Thankfully it is still under warranty for the part but Amana won't pay for the labor to install the part. If I knew then that it would be such a headache I wouldn't have bought this brand name. Never again!

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Joe Favero
Location: Centennial, CO

"Amana Customer Service SUCKS"
My installer was Front Range Service. They did not fill out the warranty information within 60 days of installation. Even though they were supposed too. Called Amana to get corrected and they would not even consider it. I will never use Amana again. For the price I would get Trane. Also do not use Front Rangally all. They were the worst I have ever worked with.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: LNesmith
Location: Livonia, MI

"Our's won't last at this rate!"
Our Amana was installed 8 years ago and we had no problems the first few years. Then our motor started making noise and it only gets louder and louder as time goes on. Our furnace barely runs in the evening, but it pumps out heat all night long causing us to have $200+ gas bills in the winter. I hate our furnace and I hate the people that keep servicing it, it's a total con!

Date created: 2011-10-31 Name: Jane Doe
Location: Lanisng, MI

"AMANA sucks"
Don't buy it, after 5 years of a great furnace, it suddenly has intermittent failures and no one seems to be able to fix the problem, and of course it happened right after the warranty was up. I hate this furnace and wish I could afford to put a new one in my home. I even had an amana engineer at my house to look at it and after spending $268 dollars it wasn't the fix. I'm so ticked off.

Date created: 2011-10-29 Name: K-Dog
Location: Rochester, NY

"11 Years to First Problem"
Had this 95 installed 10/4/00 by a local Heating & Cooling Contractor (also an Amana Dealer). It has performed flawlessly until the first minor problem today (blower cycles On-Off trying to run in "Fan Only" mode). I've been running the fan in auto low speed 24/7 for the last several years to circulate and HEPA filter the air. It still runs fine in normal fast (heating) mode so it's not completely broken - probably the controller board - I'm still investigating. I've never replaced even the igniter or any other component. Very reliable unit - I'd buy another Amana GUX-X without hesitation.