Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2008-03-14 Name: Leonard M Tomsik
Location: North Royalton, OH

Horrible! I have a list about 2 ft. long posted on the front of the furnace door. We just had the igniter replaced yet again! Number six! This is the second furnace; first one lasted a lofty five (5) yes that's right five years! So this is the second. We've had to replace the hot water heater, all those ignitors, the circuit board (that was $1200), and, as they say, much much more! Now I hear they're out of the furnace business, small wonder, supposed to be under Goodman but I'm not sure that's even accurate.

Date created: 2008-02-25 Name: G Ruane
Location: Mokena, IL

Terrible, a big money bucket every xseason something needs to be repaired, replaced. money money money it would be cheaper to buy a new one not an amana at that we have socked 800.00 $ plus in it since 2000

Date created: 2008-01-28 Name: George Rilla
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri

To those of you who had problems withyour Amana furnace.In the 1980's Amana was in the lead with efficiency, however their were some issues with some of their furnaces. Good dependable Amana dealers were always able to fix the problems. If you were having repeated problems with your furnace, maybe the real problem was your dealer. I am still repairing Energy Command Furnaces that went out of production in 1992. Parts are starting to get scarce and if you still have one of these units in your home you should consider having it replaced SOON! Remember always purchase the EXTENDED PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY !! George Rilla, St. Louis, Missouri

Date created: 2007-12-19 Name: E. Hogan
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

We purchased a new Amana when our house was built. It broke at least 2-3 time each year, no exaggeration. We replaced igniters five times, and have had six new blower wheels put in. I buy expensive filters and replace them every three weeks. The blower wheel just broke again today and it sounds like I have a helicopter in the house.Tomorrow I am having a new furnace installed after only ten years. This thing is a piece of junk, and I will never, ever have one again.

Date created: 2007-08-26 Name: Herman Eng
Location: Toronto, Canada

I replaced an older lennnox mid effiency furnace that was about 12 years old after I moved into the 1400 sq/ft townhouse and the blower motor went on me in January 2005. I went with the AMANA brand Mid-effiency(80%) furnace with the 2 stage gas valve and variable DC motor. My choice was based on the Stainless steel Tubular design heat exchanger and LIFETIME UNIT replacement warranty vs the other brands which mostly use a aluminized steel heat exchanger with a clam shell ( crimped like a pop can)design. Most brands offered a warranty that would only have the heat exchanger replacement and the labour is much more expensive to change it (about $800-$1000) than to in replace it with a new unit in ($400). The new Amana furnace saved me about 20% in my heating bills about $200-$300 a year for the past 2 winters. Being in TORONTO, CANADA it can get pretty cold between January to end of March. Very satisfied witht he equipment and parts are readily available if every needed as the AMANA Distribution center is located in area.

Date created: 2007-03-08 Name: Shawn
Location: Rock Falls, IL

80% Upflow furnace. I have had to replace the draft inducer motor, ignitor, high limit switch and flame detector. The furnace is also very loud. It was in the house when we moved in. Talking with the Amana service man he mentioned that this specific model is just very loud. Were building a new home this spring and I am not installing an Amana.

Date created: 2006-12-01 Name: Ron
Location: Northern Michigan

I have the two stage variable speed furnace never had a problem and it cut my gas bill in half.