Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: Edward
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

"Best warranty"
I moved form my house this past year it had a Amana furnace it never broke down. I moved into a house that had a carrier furnace the first safty inspection they found a crack the unit was only 8 years old. I had it replaced it with a veritable speed Amana 96% furnace.

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: T. Davidson
Location: Dearborn Hts, MI

"80% Multi Speed"
Replaced 50 year old furnace (never a problem) to add air conditioning to the house. Have had three breakdowns in less than one year. I am concerned that if we leave the house for any length of time during the winter and furnace goes out that my water pipes will freeze and burst. Used a local company that was supposed to have a very good reputation. They apparently don't know their products. I feel scammed.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: Dale Springer
Location: Yelm, WA

"Best Value out there"
Our Amana furnace/heat pump is the best investment we have made. We are saving a ton of energy over our original "builder model" Trane. We love the fact that it cools the house so quick. It also has made our home much more comfortable because of the variable speed two stage operation.

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: Richard Novotny

"AMANA HE IIQ"
Didn't last very long (3 years). Now the components cost more than what the unit is actually worth.

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: Laura O'Connell
Location: Redmond, OR

"I love my AMANA"
We had an Amana furnace and air conditioner installed when we built our home 4 years ago. We had a serviceman come out recently to have it checked out and he said it was in great shape, all it needed was the routine maintenance. This system has been perfect for us and we’ve never had any trouble with it. When our contractor put it in he showed us all sorts of calculations that he did so we were confident it was the right system (we added zoning too). If we ever build another house we will definitely use Amana.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: P. Flech
Location: Portland, OR

"Great system"
I have installed a new Amana gas furnace 3 years ago, 80% variable speed and it runs great for me. I have had no problems at all with it. It is nice and quiet.

Date created: 2008-08-20 Name: Jim O
Location: Oakdale, NY

"Great furnace"
Be careful what you read, some of these reviews may be referencing the old Amana product. (Before the Goodman takeover.) Most of the components used in these furnaces are much the same as all the other manufactures, such as control boards igniters and inducer fans. What is different is the stainless steel Tubular Heat exchanger that has all of its competition jealous and not to mention the life time unit replacement that comes along with it should the heat exchanger ever fail. These reviews smell like sour grapes, this is one of the best furnaces on the market.

Date created: 2008-07-14 Name: Todd
Location: Adel, Iowa

"GREAT DEAL"
Great furnace at a great price. It is quiet and energy efficient.

Date created: 2008-07-08 Name: JIM JENKE
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"PROBLEM FURNACE"
Amana was once a good product line until Goodman took over and made it a cheap piece of equipment like the Goodman line.

Date created: 2008-04-21 Name: C. Desouza
Location: Toronto, Canada

High efficiency Amana 96.% rated. Very quiet and saved about 20 % this winter on usage. Very Happy