Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: B, Savoie
Location: Olympia, WA

"Not installed right"
If the system is installed right you should have very little problems with them. If you go with the lowest bidder that is never a good thing. The most important day in the life of a heat pump is the day it is installed.

Date created: 2008-12-07 Name: Heather Gripp
Location: Thornton, CO

"Review"
I have a 2000 Amana furnace and have had to replace the igniter 5 times in the past 33 months. The unit was in my house when I bought it in 2006 and the previous owners had major issues with it also. Going out today to buy a new furnace - non Amana.

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: Dan K.
Location: SE Iowa

"Happy"
No problems so far. Good value...It has cut our heating bill about 500.00 a year.

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: Edward
Location: Lawrenceville, GA

"Best warranty"
I moved form my house this past year it had a Amana furnace it never broke down. I moved into a house that had a carrier furnace the first safty inspection they found a crack the unit was only 8 years old. I had it replaced it with a veritable speed Amana 96% furnace.

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: T. Davidson
Location: Dearborn Hts, MI

"80% Multi Speed"
Replaced 50 year old furnace (never a problem) to add air conditioning to the house. Have had three breakdowns in less than one year. I am concerned that if we leave the house for any length of time during the winter and furnace goes out that my water pipes will freeze and burst. Used a local company that was supposed to have a very good reputation. They apparently don't know their products. I feel scammed.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: Dale Springer
Location: Yelm, WA

"Best Value out there"
Our Amana furnace/heat pump is the best investment we have made. We are saving a ton of energy over our original "builder model" Trane. We love the fact that it cools the house so quick. It also has made our home much more comfortable because of the variable speed two stage operation.

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: Richard Novotny

"AMANA HE IIQ"
Didn't last very long (3 years). Now the components cost more than what the unit is actually worth.

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: Laura O'Connell
Location: Redmond, OR

"I love my AMANA"
We had an Amana furnace and air conditioner installed when we built our home 4 years ago. We had a serviceman come out recently to have it checked out and he said it was in great shape, all it needed was the routine maintenance. This system has been perfect for us and we’ve never had any trouble with it. When our contractor put it in he showed us all sorts of calculations that he did so we were confident it was the right system (we added zoning too). If we ever build another house we will definitely use Amana.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: P. Flech
Location: Portland, OR

"Great system"
I have installed a new Amana gas furnace 3 years ago, 80% variable speed and it runs great for me. I have had no problems at all with it. It is nice and quiet.

Date created: 2008-08-20 Name: Jim O
Location: Oakdale, NY

"Great furnace"
Be careful what you read, some of these reviews may be referencing the old Amana product. (Before the Goodman takeover.) Most of the components used in these furnaces are much the same as all the other manufactures, such as control boards igniters and inducer fans. What is different is the stainless steel Tubular Heat exchanger that has all of its competition jealous and not to mention the life time unit replacement that comes along with it should the heat exchanger ever fail. These reviews smell like sour grapes, this is one of the best furnaces on the market.