Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2009-03-06 Name: G. Barny
Location: San Diego, CA

"Great Unit!!!!"
I love our new Amana furnace! The unit has saved me several hundred dollars since it was put in 10 years ago. I have not had one problem. I used a great company out of San Diego for the install and am very happy with the product. I would recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2009-02-28 Name: Fred Smith
Location: Ohio

"Great Furnace No Problems"
Love the 95% furnace I purchased. Never had a problem and cut the bills in half. Would reccomend to everyone.

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: Olivia A Swisher
Location: Westchester, Illinois

"Amana furnace"
I am very frustated with my Amana furnace, I have had 3 technicians out to see what the problem is and none of them can find what is wrong. No more Amana furnaces for me, I'm going with a Trane.

Date created: 2009-02-20 Name: Sunila Kuchinad
Location: London, On

"Two and one half years and the motor goes on the coldest night of the winter"
I am very frustrated with this product. I am a senior citizen and my husband is ill. We have been four days without heat and the technician tells me that I must wait for a part (the motor) from Texas. They have offered no assistance (such as loaning us heaters) and everytime I try to speak with someone I am finding myself talking with someone situated in a call center in another country. This service provider is unreliable and unresponsive. They will provide no compensation for the heaters I must rent to ensure that my house is warm enough to keep the pipes from bursting. Don't buy this furnace.

Date created: 2009-01-27 Name: HH Hurlburt
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

" Amana Air Command 80 SSE"
When the Trane furnace went out, I did my research and decided on the Amana. The only problem I have had with it in the 10 years that I have owned it was a bad igniter, but I did a little troubleshooting and found that the ground connection to the furnace was corroded. After I corrected the problem, I have have had no problems! It is a great unit!

Date created: 2009-01-13 Name: D. Wilder
Location: Anderson, IN

"Freezing in Indiana"
Amana 2000...horrible! Have replaced the ignitor numerous times, even twice a year. Dealers in my area are not helpful..and assistance from Amana is impossible.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: Randy

"Amana Tech Support is a Joke"
The hot surface igniters burn up about every 8 months. I'm a DIY'er but I spoke with the local company who I get my igniters from (who is awesome by the way). He gave me some suggestions to try and told me I should talk to Amana Technical Support. I tried. Consumer Division will only give me names of Licensed Contractors in my area. Other Tech support lines won't even talk to me and were pretty rude and short. They said they couldn't tell me anything at all because I might "blow my house up!" For Christ's sake give me a break. How am I going to do that if they tell me that there is an upgrade kit available so my danged furnace doesn't go out every winter? I don't know who’d better but I know Amana Sucks.

Date created: 2008-12-28 Name: Jerry W. Jones
Location: Caol City, IL

"Amana model adv80703bx"
This furnace is a piece of crap. If you set the temp back 10 deg. when you go to bed; it will take 3 hrs to reach 70 deg. on a day when the outside temp is in the mid 20s.

Date created: 2008-12-21 Name: pooyan
Location: Memphis, TN

"SEEN ALL THE REST,AMANA IS THE BEST"
Having igniter problems...tell your technician to quit getting his oily hands on it. It will cause a hot spot and induce failure. I've never touched one, thus never had a call back either. It's not the furnace that’s bad it's your tech. Amana uses top of the line products just like Trane and the others. Also, they provide a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger. I've been selling and installing them in large numbers for several years and can count on one hand the problems that have occurred.

Date created: 2008-12-19 Name: A DeBoer
Location: South Holland, Illinois

"Not reliable...poor warranty coverage"
I have replaced the igniter on this furnace twice in the last 18 months! Warranty people are very uncooperative, they want us to go through a dealer to get a part warranted. My dealer won’t co-operate. The warranty says the part is covered but the dealer says it isn’t. What am I supposed to do? Keep replacing igniters?