Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2016-11-07 Name: Ravi Maleshri
Location: Calgary, Canada

"Extremely noisy"
Got this brand new furnace installed on October 18, 2016. No problem with heating, but unit is extremely noisy.

Date created: 2016-01-14 Name: Linda Everson
Location: Birmingham, AL

"Trouble getting parts"
We have been without heat for three full days. The repairman spent 1-1/2 days trying to find parts, specifically a blower for our Amana furnace. We don't live in a metropolis like Atlanta, but we don't live in Hooterville either. We are in Birmingham, Alabama, and when the repairman left last night he said it could be 4 or 5 days before we receive the blower. My husband is a cancer patient. The next time we replace the furnace, I will check to see if we can get parts for it locally before purchasing a $4,000 furnace.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Name: ADH
Location: Redford, MI

"Wind storm"
Strong blower, sounds like a wind storm or a jet engine.

Date created: 2015-06-02 Location: Salem, OR

"Very satisfied with my boiler"
This is the furnace that came with the house and we like it very much. It is a hard working machine that has been going strong for many years. Right now the automatic "shut off" doesn't work properly but other than that, it is great. We have a hard time considering a newer model since the old ones seem to last so much longer with regular maintenance. If we had to replace it, I would probably go with the same brand. More likely we would try and get replacement parts for the ones that are broken. We really like this furnace and would recommend it.

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: S Baker
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Extreme reliability"
Installed in January, 1996. It has never required a single part. The original igniter is still working after 18 1/2 years of Canadian winters. I have done all my own maintenance (Navy trained). All I have done is oil the two motors and clean the flame sensor annually. The only problem I had was insects of some type had partially clogged the exhaust duct. I now cap that in the spring to prevent further infestation. If I ever need a new furnace, it will be an Amana.

Date created: 2015-01-08 Name: Daniel
Location: Chicago, IL

"Unhappy customers"
I was a construction superintendent for years and my high efficiency unit runs fantastic. The internal parts (stainless steel heat exchangers) are quality, not aluminized, plus the warranty on both the furnace and condenser is awesome. The fact is, if you're not conscious enough to maintain a an HVAC unit yearly, or have it at least checked, then you are sure to run into problems in the long run no matter who manufacturers it. If the initial install is incorrect or it's an under/over- sized unit, incorrect return air and supply, etc., then you're on your own. Have a licensed, reputable contractor configure, install and maintain your unit and clean the humidifier as is needed. It's all in the maintenance manual, which 99% of homeowners do not read!

Date created: 2014-09-29 Name: b. king
Location: Idaho

"Warranty worthless"
They say they cover all parts for 10 years, but you have to pay to have them installed. So a blower motor cost $140 from Amana, I was told, but they charge $300 to install the motor for a 30-minute job to replace it. Without the warranty, the same company charged my neighbors $235 to replace their blower motor. It would appear the warranty is worthless, as I could have replaced the blower motor with a compatible after-market motor with its own 5-year warranty for $110. The first motor died in less than 3 years of installing a new furnace and the warranty was for 10 years. But they will not warranty the furnace if you donít have their certified dude replace it. But repairs are a whole lot cheaper if you do not use them or their so-called warranty. That is why you donít want to buy an Amana or Goodman, who just bought out Amana a few years back.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: N Sabo
Location: Suwanee Ga

"Furnace with air cleaner"
Last night and today is the coldest in Atlanta Ga in 18 years. My 4 year old amana furnace with five seasons air cleaner went out. The condensation pump died, the motor died, and we are not yet sure about the computer board is also out. No motor to be found for a week and a half since it needs to be ordered leaving us without heat for that long. It was purchased through home depot and installed by universal. And now $800 later I still have no heat. A furnace "under warranty" and I certainly can't leave my home unattended without some type of assist from the fireplace and space heaters. So much for reliable product, comfort and peace of mind.

Date created: 2013-10-25 Name: J. WILSON
Location: INDIANAPOLIS ,INDIANA

"Motor and Motherboard"
5 months in and motor would not run right. Check ok, 18 months later quit altogether. Replacement on motor and motherboard, under warranty but paid $200.00 for labor. If out of warranty parts, would have been $850.00.

Date created: 2013-10-18 Name: Maria
Location: Seattle, WA

"Rude Customer Service Department"
Rudest customer service department ever! I called to ask questions about a warranty on a product for a customer, and the woman I was transferred to actually hung up on me after saying "no, it is not in the system". *click* Do not buy this product!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever!!!!!!! They will not support you or their products!