Consumer Reviews of AIRTEMP furnaces

Read more about AIRTEMP furnaces

Date created: 2019-06-18 Name: Moris
Location: Norfolk

"Just to make this fair"
I have an Airtemp now for 4 years and no issues after my tech replace my ductwork when he installed the unit he recommended to replace the duct and I didn't want to because of the price so he said you may have a problem with air flow because all brands now a day need the right amount of airflow anyway how I had him replace parts of the main trunk line and no problem since then so when I read this reviews it sounds to me like the issue is not the equipment is probably your ductwork

Date created: 2019-03-02 Name: Nevaughn Smith
Location: Norfolk, VA

"Failure of unit to stay blowing hot air"
Had unit installed 2-15-2019. Still not working properly. Tech has made numerous house visits to correct the problem, no success. Brand new furnace, no heat for going on three weeks. Very disappointed. Will never recommend this type to z tone ever.
Date created: 2019-02-02 Name: Candy
Location: St Clairsville, OH

I decided to replace my 20 year old furnace 3 years ago and decide to go with a Trane. Big mistake!!!!!!! It stopped working on the coldest day of the year while at work. Called the repairman, stated he wouldnít attempt to come out unless I paid for 150.00 service call, well to add to my misery, my pipes froze because this piece of junk stopped working!! The repairman came looked at my furnace and said my filter was dirty! I buy the expensive filters and replace every other month, apparently, there is a sensor on this furnace when the filter is dirty the air is blocked and stops the heat blowing into the house. I had a generic 20 some year old furnace that never stopped working even if I didnít change a filter for 6 months! Big mistake!!! Not only did I have to pay 150 for the service call the company wouldnít even put in a new filter, took my filter out and told me to replace every month and left! It was a nightmare the furnace stopped working and my water pipes froze. Wish I would of went with a Lennox. Buyer beware!!! Just because you spend more money doesnít mean itís better.
Date created: 2018-12-14 Name: Cynthia
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

"Donít buy it"
Brand new unit first winter it already has smoky air with compressor and no heater. Please donít buy it living in upstate NY itís 26 outside spent 10k nothing but problem
Date created: 2018-12-11 Name: B Coley
Location: Mobile, AL

"Awesome Value"
Had this Airtemp system installed over a year ago. I've had no problems whatsoever. Very happy with this purchase! I believe this brand is the best value for the money.
Date created: 2018-10-05 Name: Charlene Gillam
Location: Akron, OH

"Donít buy"
Furnace was installed April 18, 2014. As far as I kne, it worked great. I wasnít home because I worked. I retired last year and found out how unreliable this furnace is. It runs fine, then it shuts down with a pressure switch open fault. I have had the pressure switch replaced 2 times in less than a year, and it is still giving me the same problem. The funny thing is, it runs fine, has its ďhissy fitĒ and then fires up with no problems. It runs for a week, a day, or 3 months before it doesnít. I even replaced the breaker last year, which seemed to work, until the furnace came back on this year, same old, same old. I threw my money out the window, and will never recommend Airtemp to anyone. The thing is, I replaced a working furnace with this because I wanted to go into retirement with a new, trouble free, paid-for furnace. Now, as a retiree, I have to get another furnace, which is an expense I canít afford without taking from my retirement savings.
Date created: 2018-06-21 Name: Richard A Buckingham
Location: New York

"Problem with blower."
I purchased an AirTemp from a HVAC contractor that I used regularly, trusted he would supply a good product, it was installed Jan 2018 Blower blow apart March 2018, Contractor installed new blower in one month Blower started vibrating, Contractor looked at did not fell it was that bad noted it was under warranty. I need to wait till fall to see how long it will hold up. I contacted Customer support after I stated I would write a revue they got back to me and stated there is no blower issue. If you are looking for a Furness read Air Temp revues many have blower issues and understand you will get no support from Air Temp. Don't make the same mistake I did, I currently a high priced piece of junk with a no customer support. I do not recommend any Air Temp product.
Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: Mohamed Kabli
Location: Silver Spring, MD

"Blower not working"
Furnace just over a year old- Blower stopped working which made furnace turn off and on, off an on. Tech found board not sensing flame, removed and cleaned burner assembly replaced circuit board Cleaned burner assembly. Again after four months stopped working which made furnace turn off and on, off an on but just blows cold air into house when heat shuts off!
Date created: 2018-01-03 Name: Angie Colarusso
Location: Pennsylvania

"Unreliable"
My Air Temp furnace was installed February 2017. It never ran for more than 2 weeks before it shut off. It wants to start but never ignites. Worst furnace I ever bought it is a lemon for sure.
Date created: 2017-11-30 Name: K. Wisniewski
Location: New Castle, PA

"Blower not working"
Furnace just over a year old- Blower stopped working which made furnace turn off and on, off an on. Been a week now waiting for the the new part!! Tech over-rode blower to stay on but just blows cold air into house when heat shuts off! Dealing with this for a week now! Really!??? They couldn't over night the part? After reading other review, wonder if this will correct it. Sorry I replace my old furnace and sorry I didn't go with a better known brand.