Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: R. Vrhovc
Location: Rockaway, NJ

"Direct vent oil burner"
Our boiler is about 5 years old. It's in the garage and vented directly to the exterior of the house. We've had trouble since day 1 with the burner cutting out, especially in real cold weather. I got some Weil Mclain engineer on the horn and he sent some "patch" kit that consisted of one valve and a little blanket to put inside to pick up condensation. That didn't work either. The boiler is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Paul

"Runs like crap"
Have boiler contractor put the right nozzle in larger nozzles will make boiler run like shit
Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Bob Cirafice
Location: Massachusetts

"Weil mclean Explosion ONLY 3 YRS. OLD"
Wtgo series 3 oil fired good but loud for 1 yr then nothing but problems after it is now 3 years old and had an explosion and blow back and it blew apart the vent pipes and soot went throughout the house and service tech replaced fuel pump and motor on burner he had me introduce air which I did then said I need more air which I put in a fan in a can still runs like crap the cost of repairs now are more than a wholesale cost of boiler. stay away from these boilers !!!!
Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E. Courtney
Location: [email protected]

"Home owner"
Williamson unit works like a champ. It has been in for three yrs and I have NO problems
Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: ken B
Location: New London, NH

"Constant repair and is inefficient"
I will never do business with the heating contractor that sold and installed the Weil-Mclain cgi-6 boiler. It breaks down, has constant smells due to propane leaks and is inefficient. After five years I have to look for a new heating system that will get me through the winter without servicemen having to continuously traipse through my home.
Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Shawn Steffen
Location: Attleboro,MA

"15 hours old"
People tell me good things about weil mclain products. In my case not so good. It is 15 hours old and I came in to water coming out the back of unit.The tech came out and said it is a bad rear section and needs to be swithched out. It is friday night and now I have to wait till monday to get a answer as to when this will happen. In the meantime water is just coming out the back of unit. Not a good start! This is the ultra uo-3 model.
Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Thomas Sutton
Location: Canaton, OH

"Architect"
Boiler lost efficiency right from the start and failed to work after five years even after recommended maintanance.
Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: J. French
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"COMPUTER CONTROLS"
I would like to add my comments to the chorus of very unsatisfied users of the Weil-Mclain Ultra series of hot water boilers. Almost from the installation of the Ultra-80 boiler in October, 2008 I have had problems with the computer controls. The boiler has gone into a maintenance lockout or flow too fast lockout. I can plan on this happening at least monthly. So far I have been able to reset the system but I don't dare leave the house for more than a few hours at a time. Not much chance of getting out of Minnesota for a winter vacation. This is a new house with a new boiler. The installing contractor has come by but just scratches his head, resets the system if I have not and leaves. No help there! He says he has been in contact with the company but they sure giving him the runaround or something. I could never recommend and would certainly never buy another product from this company!
Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: akton marls

"Well, I'm happy enough."
It replaced an aero line brand that 45 years old. It's oil fired, the gold series. It's 85% efficient, which is great! It's only had one problem: customer service. They are awful. But if you buy a Weil-Mcclain of any type, it should work fine.
Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: D. Andres
Location: Ohio

"Ultra 155"
Update to previous post. After 64 hours the blower assembly has been replaced and I have heat and hot water. This unit is 2 years old. Glad the weather is unusually warm for November