Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2010-12-25 Name: A. V. Row

"Glad I bought this recommended unit"
Zero repairs to date.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Thomas Sutton
Location: Canaton, OH

"Architect"
Boiler lost efficiency right from the start and failed to work after five years even after recommended maintanance.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: J. French
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"COMPUTER CONTROLS"
I would like to add my comments to the chorus of very unsatisfied users of the Weil-Mclain Ultra series of hot water boilers. Almost from the installation of the Ultra-80 boiler in October, 2008 I have had problems with the computer controls. The boiler has gone into a maintenance lockout or flow too fast lockout. I can plan on this happening at least monthly. So far I have been able to reset the system but I don't dare leave the house for more than a few hours at a time. Not much chance of getting out of Minnesota for a winter vacation. This is a new house with a new boiler. The installing contractor has come by but just scratches his head, resets the system if I have not and leaves. No help there! He says he has been in contact with the company but they sure giving him the runaround or something. I could never recommend and would certainly never buy another product from this company!

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: akton marls

"Well, I'm happy enough."
It replaced an aero line brand that 45 years old. it's oil fired, the gold series. It's 85% efficient, which is great! It's only had one problem: customer service. they are AWFUL. but if you buy a Weil-Mcclain of any type, it should work fine.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: D. Andres
Location: Ohio

"Ultra 155"
Update to previous post. After 64 hours the blower assembly has been replaced and I have heat and hot water. This unit is 2 years old. Glad the weather is unusually warm for November

Date created: 2010-11-22 Name: D Andres
Location: Ohio

"Broken new boiler"
Boiler with water heater is just 2 years old. Have had no heat or hot water and it will be 48 hours before the service person can get a part. The code on the Weil-Mclain says E-29 meaning a control module but now we are looking at a heat exchanger. Supposed to be under warranty but who is paying the labor? It shouldn't be ME!

Date created: 2010-10-20 Name: pod
Location: R.I.

"GV-Gold gas boiler"
Worked well for about a year and since then it locks out when the outside temperature gets very cold. Can restart by cutting power and it works for an hour, a day , a week and then all over again. On the coldest nights it will lock out 5-6 times. I have installed a timer to shut it off and on a few times a night to avoid pipe freeze.Three service visits and two control units later still a problem. I would never contemplate buying anything from this company. They used to be highly regarded (when the units were simple) but no longer. STAY AWAY is my recommendation.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Fred Small
Location: Chicago,IL

"Electronic pilot light fails frequently"
I have a cgi-8 Weil Mclain. Installed in the fall of 2008. The first winter I needed one service call per month. The control board failed on one of the coldest Chicago winter days. Then the transformer failed. Worst is the electronic pilot light that fails frequently. Either the pilot light wont come on or it stays on and the gas valve wont open because it detects a problem with the pilot light. I just tested the boiler last week because it's October and it's getting cold. Again, the electronic pilot light has failed. God, I hate this Weil Mclain boiler after having a 50 year-old behemoth boiler that was 100% reliable.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: JAG GREWAL
Location: NEW HAMBURG,ONTARIO,CANADA

"CGI-6 167 BTU"
I HAVE TWO BOILERS INSTALLED AT MY MOTEL. ONE IS BARELY TWO YEARS OLD AND THE OTHER ABOUT 4 YEARS. THE OLDER ONE QUIT IN MARCH 2010 AND THE OTHER HAS STARTED LEAKING NOW.I AM TOLD THE HEAT EXCHANGERS ARE LEAKING AND I NEED NEW BOILERS.THIS IS SHOCK TO ME AS THE QUOTES ARE MIND BLOWING. I AM AMAZED THAT THE COMPANY TALKS OF A LIMITED LIFE TOME WARRANTY WHERE AS TWO BOILERS HAVE QUIT IN LESS THAN 4 YRS . I DONOT RECOMMEND THESE BOILERS TO ANYONE.

Date created: 2010-09-14 Name: Gary Senier
Location: Buffalo, Wy

"Poor product, poor support"
Bought this boiler some time around march 2010. first of september 2010 the main gas valve went bad. It has been 2 weeks to ship a replacement so far and it still isnt here yet. Also that valve was on recall. I dont think it should have been sent out from the distirbutor with a recalled valve on it. This product is for our busines and I was and still am broke-down waiting for a replacment valve. We are a small company and 2 weeks lost production may very well be the closing of our business!!!! I also need a tankless/on demand water heater but definatley wont be buying a weil-mclain.!!!