Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E. Courtney
Location: [email protected]

"Home owner"
Williamson unit works like a champ. It has been in for three yrs and I have NO problems

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: ken B
Location: New London, NH

"Constant repair and is inefficient"
I will never do business with the heating contractor that sold and installed the Weil-Mclain cgi-6 boiler. It breaks down, has constant smells due to propane leaks and is inefficient. After five years I have to look for a new heating system that will get me through the winter without servicemen having to continuously traipse through my home.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Shawn Steffen
Location: Attleboro,MA

"15 hours old"
People tell me good things about weil mclain products. In my case not so good. It is 15 hours old and I came in to water coming out the back of unit.The tech came out and said it is a bad rear section and needs to be swithched out. It is friday night and now I have to wait till monday to get a answer as to when this will happen. In the meantime water is just coming out the back of unit. Not a good start! This is the ultra uo-3 model.

Date created: 2010-12-25 Name: A. V. Row

"Glad I bought this recommended unit"
Zero repairs to date.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Thomas Sutton
Location: Canaton, OH

"Architect"
Boiler lost efficiency right from the start and failed to work after five years even after recommended maintanance.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: J. French
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"COMPUTER CONTROLS"
I would like to add my comments to the chorus of very unsatisfied users of the Weil-Mclain Ultra series of hot water boilers. Almost from the installation of the Ultra-80 boiler in October, 2008 I have had problems with the computer controls. The boiler has gone into a maintenance lockout or flow too fast lockout. I can plan on this happening at least monthly. So far I have been able to reset the system but I don't dare leave the house for more than a few hours at a time. Not much chance of getting out of Minnesota for a winter vacation. This is a new house with a new boiler. The installing contractor has come by but just scratches his head, resets the system if I have not and leaves. No help there! He says he has been in contact with the company but they sure giving him the runaround or something. I could never recommend and would certainly never buy another product from this company!

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: akton marls

"Well, I'm happy enough."
It replaced an aero line brand that 45 years old. it's oil fired, the gold series. It's 85% efficient, which is great! It's only had one problem: customer service. they are AWFUL. but if you buy a Weil-Mcclain of any type, it should work fine.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: D. Andres
Location: Ohio

"Ultra 155"
Update to previous post. After 64 hours the blower assembly has been replaced and I have heat and hot water. This unit is 2 years old. Glad the weather is unusually warm for November

Date created: 2010-11-22 Name: D Andres
Location: Ohio

"Broken new boiler"
Boiler with water heater is just 2 years old. Have had no heat or hot water and it will be 48 hours before the service person can get a part. The code on the Weil-Mclain says E-29 meaning a control module but now we are looking at a heat exchanger. Supposed to be under warranty but who is paying the labor? It shouldn't be ME!

Date created: 2010-10-20 Name: pod
Location: R.I.

"GV-Gold gas boiler"
Worked well for about a year and since then it locks out when the outside temperature gets very cold. Can restart by cutting power and it works for an hour, a day , a week and then all over again. On the coldest nights it will lock out 5-6 times. I have installed a timer to shut it off and on a few times a night to avoid pipe freeze.Three service visits and two control units later still a problem. I would never contemplate buying anything from this company. They used to be highly regarded (when the units were simple) but no longer. STAY AWAY is my recommendation.