Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2011-10-26 Name: G. Bocelli
Location: Mount Laurel NJ

"Propane Boiler that can't be beat"
The best boiler money can buy. I have had only two problems in twenty seven years. One was a bird came down the chimney and got into my blower motor. It was easy to replace. The other was a water pump wore out. Not a problem. I use this Weil-Mclain HE Series #3 boiler summer and winter. I want to convert to natural gas if parts are available. If not, I will buy another Weil-Mclain.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: Bill

"5 section Gold oil fired Steam"
This boiler out performs 3 previous boilers in this building and is still running after 9 years with out a hick up. The only negative was it was heavier than taking down the stairs to the basement. Thank you Weil-Mclain!

Date created: 2011-05-18 Name: Often Cold
Location: PA

"Unreliable, Expensive and Poorly Supported"
We've had an Ultra 230 for 4 winters for we have never had a winter without problems. Multiple broken starters, compromised fire chamber gaskets, gas exhaust escaping into the house, fire hazard...on and on. There's always another excuse from wm about why it was the installer's fault (Which is extremely ironic becasue I've had their area reps & techs look at the system and i)even they didn't know how the system is supposed to be installed, ii) they don't actually know how to work it). They also claim they don't have problems like ours on their units. So supposedly "we are the first." But I scanned prior reviews here and I can see they clearly have them quite often. So its been our hard won experience that the system dies in the middle of the winter, when its below freezeing. Then their parts are not available when needed and their support is ridiculously slow or non-existant. I've seen my boiler guy wait for hours on the phone to get technical support. John Q. Homeowner can't even talk to their tech's so you'd better have a very patient boiler guy. I've been days without heat while we wait for some part to come from michigan factory. So thats all terrible right. To add insult to injury, the system costs just as much to run as the 30 year old system it replaced. Sorry for the rant. Thank you Furnacecompare for creating a site where owners can learn from each other and avoid purchasing mistakes. Bottom line. I bought WM's system based on their brand thinking they make good products and stand behind them. They don't. They sold me a piece of junk at top of the line prices. Its become clear to me that I will need to rip it out and start over. BTW-- Take a look at the preceeding 2 reviews...they are ridiculously obvious plants. Weil McLain..why don't you try improving your rating the old fashioned way. By improving your products..... rather than creating fake reviews.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Chicago, IL

"Best Boiler ever used in Home"
I have been using this boiler for more than one year. I like this boiler pretty much other than the old boilers that i do have. Nothing much to dislike about the boiler and everything is pretty much good about this boiler. I do have a problem with the plumber after placing the boiler because there is little room for the boiler to fit and then the work from the boiler company is pretty much awesome because they reacted in no time and cleared my problem as soon as they can. yes, i will recommend the same boiler to my friends, in fact i had already done that to couple of my friends.

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: R. Vrhovc
Location: Rockaway, NJ

"Direct vent oil burner"
Our boiler is about 5 years old. It's in the garage and vented directly to the exterior of the house. We've had trouble since day 1 with the burner cutting out, especially in real cold weather. i got some weil Mclain engineer on the horn and he sent some "patch" kit that consisted of one valve and a little blanket to put inside to pick up condensation. That didn't work either. The boiler is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Paul

"Runs like crap"
Have boiler contractor put the right nozzle in larger nozzles will make boiler run like shit

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Bob Cirafice
Location: Massachusetts

"Weil mclean Explosion ONLY 3 YRS. OLD"
Wtgo series 3 oil fired good but loud for 1 yr then nothing but problems after it is now 3 years old and had an explosion and blow back and it blew apart the vent pipes and soot went throughout the house and service tech replaced fuel pump and motor on burner he had me introduce air which I did then said I need more air which I put in a fan in a can still runs like crap the cost of repairs now are more than a wholesale cost of boiler. stay away from these boilers !!!!

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E. Courtney
Location: [email protected]

"Home owner"
Williamson unit works like a champ. It has been in for three yrs and I have NO problems

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: ken B
Location: New London, NH

"Constant repair and is inefficient"
I will never do business with the heating contractor that sold and installed the Weil-Mclain cgi-6 boiler. It breaks down, has constant smells due to propane leaks and is inefficient. After five years I have to look for a new heating system that will get me through the winter without servicemen having to continuously traipse through my home.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Shawn Steffen
Location: Attleboro,MA

"15 hours old"
People tell me good things about weil mclain products. In my case not so good. It is 15 hours old and I came in to water coming out the back of unit.The tech came out and said it is a bad rear section and needs to be swithched out. It is friday night and now I have to wait till monday to get a answer as to when this will happen. In the meantime water is just coming out the back of unit. Not a good start! This is the ultra uo-3 model.