Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

• AHE (1 review)

Date created: 2010-11-22 Name: D Andres
Location: Ohio

"Broken new boiler"
Boiler with water heater is just 2 years old. Have had no heat or hot water and it will be 48 hours before the service person can get a part. The code on the Weil-Mclain says E-29 meaning a control module but now we are looking at a heat exchanger. Supposed to be under warranty but who is paying the labor? It shouldn't be ME!

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: Broke
Location: Earth

"Problems since day one"
Purchased 2 Weil-mclain ultras 155 in 2009 and I ve had problems since day one. The first year I had service techs out to my house at least 5 times because water temp sensors kept failing now one of them is having blower issues which also won't allow theboiler to function. Frustrated I called my service tech again and now he won't even return my calls so now it's on to the fly by night guys who charge $125 an hour to stare at my boilers and try to figure out the problem. But at the least I will not ever purchase Weil-mclain again and they wonder why no one buys American anymore where's the pride gone?

Date created: 2010-10-20 Name: pod
Location: R.I.

"GV-Gold gas boiler"
Worked well for about a year and since then it locks out when the outside temperature gets very cold. Can restart by cutting power and it works for an hour, a day , a week and then all over again. On the coldest nights it will lock out 5-6 times. I have installed a timer to shut it off and on a few times a night to avoid pipe freeze.Three service visits and two control units later still a problem. I would never contemplate buying anything from this company. They used to be highly regarded (when the units were simple) but no longer. STAY AWAY is my recommendation.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Fred Small
Location: Chicago,IL

"Electronic pilot light fails frequently"
I have a cgi-8 Weil Mclain. Installed in the fall of 2008. The first winter I needed one service call per month. The control board failed on one of the coldest Chicago winter days. Then the transformer failed. Worst is the electronic pilot light that fails frequently. Either the pilot light wont come on or it stays on and the gas valve wont open because it detects a problem with the pilot light. I just tested the boiler last week because it's October and it's getting cold. Again, the electronic pilot light has failed. God, I hate this Weil Mclain boiler after having a 50 year-old behemoth boiler that was 100% reliable.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: JAG GREWAL
Location: NEW HAMBURG,ONTARIO,CANADA

"CGI-6 167 BTU"
I HAVE TWO BOILERS INSTALLED AT MY MOTEL. ONE IS BARELY TWO YEARS OLD AND THE OTHER ABOUT 4 YEARS. THE OLDER ONE QUIT IN MARCH 2010 AND THE OTHER HAS STARTED LEAKING NOW.I AM TOLD THE HEAT EXCHANGERS ARE LEAKING AND I NEED NEW BOILERS.THIS IS SHOCK TO ME AS THE QUOTES ARE MIND BLOWING. I AM AMAZED THAT THE COMPANY TALKS OF A LIMITED LIFE TOME WARRANTY WHERE AS TWO BOILERS HAVE QUIT IN LESS THAN 4 YRS . I DONOT RECOMMEND THESE BOILERS TO ANYONE.

Date created: 2010-09-14 Name: Gary Senier
Location: Buffalo, Wy

"Poor product, poor support"
Bought this boiler some time around march 2010. first of september 2010 the main gas valve went bad. It has been 2 weeks to ship a replacement so far and it still isnt here yet. Also that valve was on recall. I dont think it should have been sent out from the distirbutor with a recalled valve on it. This product is for our busines and I was and still am broke-down waiting for a replacment valve. We are a small company and 2 weeks lost production may very well be the closing of our business!!!! I also need a tankless/on demand water heater but definatley wont be buying a weil-mclain.!!!

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: J. Patterson

"Love this boiler"
I have had this boiler since April 1999. I have it cleaned every season. It has been very reliable plus we have the summer winter system. We never run out of hot water. I replaced an old Repco steel unit with this cast iron boiler and would do it again in a heart beat. Great equipment!!! Plus, it is a lot more efficient than the last boiler too.

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: RW Totson

"Very BAD"
I guess it's a weil mcclain, it looks like one. But it says bruis on the front. I think it's pronounced: b r o o I s or something. anyway, the casing cracked, and when I tried to get some help, cust. service guy started talking gibberish of some sort! Get a buderus unit

Date created: 2010-08-08 Name: Bill Dolson

"WM GVA gas boiler"
The unit was installed in march 2009. It replaced an older cgs unit. the cgs unit cracked two years into living in the house. this was because of the anti-freeze the installer put in. it ate away at the rubber gasket that wm still puts in the boiler sections. installers bad. We are very satisfied with our gva unit, and to all you homeowners how complain about how terrible weil mclain is, you have probably done 0 upkeep.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: S. Preast

"Weil-McLean Boiler"
We had the Weil-McLean Ultra 155 installed over 5 years ago and are very satisfied with it. However, it is difficult to find qualified service technicians to work on it. As for honoring their warranty, I was very impressed with the customer relations rep that I spoke with.