Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Paul

"Runs like crap"
Have boiler contractor put the right nozzle in larger nozzles will make boiler run like shit

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Bob Cirafice
Location: Massachusetts

"Weil mclean Explosion ONLY 3 YRS. OLD"
Wtgo series 3 oil fired good but loud for 1 yr then nothing but problems after it is now 3 years old and had an explosion and blow back and it blew apart the vent pipes and soot went throughout the house and service tech replaced fuel pump and motor on burner he had me introduce air which I did then said I need more air which I put in a fan in a can still runs like crap the cost of repairs now are more than a wholesale cost of boiler. stay away from these boilers !!!!

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E. Courtney
Location: trixie.tara@gmail.com

"Home owner"
Williamson unit works like a champ. It has been in for three yrs and I have NO problems

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: B.Loring
Location: Concord, MA area

"No weekend tech support!!!!"
My 2 year old boiler (Ultra 155) is refusing to work. So far, 15 man- hours by the plumber who installed it. He can't get a call back from Weil- McLain tech support, and expects not to reach anyone til Monday. (I think it died Thursday night, I discovered the problem Friday night). Manufacturers - do NOT install a computer control if you can't supply 24/7 tech support to the contractors. This is inexcusable. Thank G*d they don't make life support systems.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: ken B
Location: New London, NH

"Constant repair and is inefficient"
I will never do business with the heating contractor that sold and installed the Weil-Mclain cgi-6 boiler. It breaks down, has constant smells due to propane leaks and is inefficient. After five years I have to look for a new heating system that will get me through the winter without servicemen having to continuously traipse through my home.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Shawn Steffen
Location: Attleboro,MA

"15 hours old"
People tell me good things about weil mclain products. In my case not so good. It is 15 hours old and I came in to water coming out the back of unit.The tech came out and said it is a bad rear section and needs to be swithched out. It is friday night and now I have to wait till monday to get a answer as to when this will happen. In the meantime water is just coming out the back of unit. Not a good start! This is the ultra uo-3 model.

Date created: 2010-12-25 Name: A. V. Row

"Glad I bought this recommended unit"
Zero repairs to date.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: Thomas Sutton
Location: Canaton, OH

"Architect"
Boiler lost efficiency right from the start and failed to work after five years even after recommended maintanance.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: David Kudish
Location: Aspen, CO

"Would never buy their product again"
Major difficulties with the Ultra-310 Series 2 for Aspen, co home. Seems to break down every year requiring replacement of basic building-block parts and modules. Very expensive to replace. Totally dissatisfied and wish my general contractor used a more reliable product

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: J. French
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"COMPUTER CONTROLS"
I would like to add my comments to the chorus of very unsatisfied users of the Weil-Mclain Ultra series of hot water boilers. Almost from the installation of the Ultra-80 boiler in October, 2008 I have had problems with the computer controls. The boiler has gone into a maintenance lockout or flow too fast lockout. I can plan on this happening at least monthly. So far I have been able to reset the system but I don't dare leave the house for more than a few hours at a time. Not much chance of getting out of Minnesota for a winter vacation. This is a new house with a new boiler. The installing contractor has come by but just scratches his head, resets the system if I have not and leaves. No help there! He says he has been in contact with the company but they sure giving him the runaround or something. I could never recommend and would certainly never buy another product from this company!