Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2015-02-18 Location: Charleston, SC

"WARM AND TOASTY BOILER"
I have been fortunate enough to have bought this boiler. I have not had any issues with it as of yet. We've had this boiler for over five years with no issues as of yet. The best part of the boiler is that it gets the job done. My boiler keeps my house warm and toasty. Exactly what I wanted! Sometimes my gas bill may go up, but it is worth it since I have a nice warm home to relax in. Nothing is worse than having a cold place to lounge around in. I have recommended this to my family whenever they bring up that they need boilers. I would definitely buy the same brand boiler again as I have not yet had any issues. Once it comes time for me to replace or repair the boiler, I will be sad. But I do not think that time will come any time soon!

Date created: 2015-02-18 Location: Winchester, VA

"High Efficiency Oil Fired Boiler for a Forced h2o System"
One year ago I replaced our LP gas fired boiler with a Weil Mclain WGO-2 75,000 BTU oil fired boiler. I was somewhat nervous about changing fuel types, but should not have worried. The company's BTU rating and efficiency rating turned out to be very understated. This boiler saved me 20% on fuel bills the last winter (which was very cold here in Virginia). The boiler heats our 3500 square foot home very well and integrated quite painlessly into our existing forced hot water distribution system. I was able to use the existing exhaust vent and had to purchase less than $20.00 worth of plumbing fittings. Total install time was 7 hours, not including the time it took to procure and install a new fuel tank. This Weil Mclain boiler comes highly recommended by HVAC professionals and I myself would not hesitate to recommend it. I have been very satisfied

Date created: 2015-02-16 Location: Defuniak Springs, FL

"Satisfied With My WEIL-McLAIN"
We bought the model 80 and this boiler was provided by my heating guy as part of an upgrade. The price and labor wasn't separated in the bill so I don't know what the retail is on it? One of the best features is that it has been so reliable for the three years we've had it. I mean you hear it just kicking on and off from time to time going through it's cycles like it should and we've been warm and cozy since it was installed. Maybe one drawback is that sometimes it makes a creaking sound that I've never heard before when using boiler heat. It doesn't do it often but concerns my wife some. The heating man said, it's normal for this model. No repairs since we've had it and it was inspected during the summer and we were told it was in great condition. I would recommend it to anyone needing heat for a moderate size home.

Date created: 2015-02-14 Location: New York

"Weil - McLain Gas Boiler Review"
I have owned my boiler for 8 1/2 years. And the homewowner before me owned it for 5 yrs. So it has been owned for a total of 13 1/2 years in my house. I like it because it is still working very well after so many years and I was told by technicians that it will last for like 20 years. It works very well to heat my house with heat and I have no complaints at all. I like that it is an automatic so you don't have to worry about about the water level, it will automatically refill if it goes below a certain level. The thing that I do dislike about it is the noise that it sometimes makes. For instance as it automatically refills water, it makes a loud noise. It is a quick noise and you get adjusted to it but it is nonetheless startling at first like something exploded. So I do wish it was quieter as it works. We had some repairs such as when a boiler light when out after some flooding. It was after a few years and it went well because I have a maintenance contract so I can just call a technician to come fix it. We also had a repair to fix the pump to pump heat for the basement. I was told i had to replace it every few years. This was harder to fix for the technician because the pump was installed at an inconvenient location on the bottom so I wish it was more convenient for a technician but it is fixable. I would buy the same brand and recommend it to a friend. I believe the Weil - McLain gas boiler brand is a very trustworthy brand that operates and maintains well for the homeowner.

Date created: 2015-02-12 Location: Lexington, Kentucky

"Weil-McLain Boiler"
I have owned my Weil-McLain Series 3 boiler for over 3 years now and I absolutely love it, and wont ever go without one. This unit is super quiet and very efficient. It keeps the house warm even on the most wintery of days. I do not have a negative thing to say about it, as long as you follow the directions in the manual on normal maintenance, you should be fine. I clean mine once a year and it runs perfectly. I would most certainly recommend this to a friend or family member, in fact, I just was telling my brother in Boston about looking into one for his new home.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: Jay
Location: Illinois

"Weil-McClain apparently is a bad choice"
I wish we knew some of the "bad things" before installing a Weil-McLain hot water boiler (heating system) less than 5 years ago. It started locking out and shutting down when the weather turned cold a couple of months back. Now it has died completely - in the middle of the winter. We are having trouble getting parts for repair. If we have to replace it, it will not be with a Weil-McLain product.

Date created: 2015-01-28 Name: Thomas
Location: Washington, DC

"Avoid Weil Mclain"
It often goes on lockout/shutdown, always on the coldest nights. And the unit is only in its second year, with the tech coming out for the 5th time this winter. Don't waste your $$ on Weil McLain products.

Date created: 2015-01-21 Name: Robin Roi
Location: United States

"Double trouble"
We purchased two Weil-McLain gas fired water boilers with tankless heaters for our two-family home in January, 2009. We have had many repairs over the 5 years we have owned these units. It was installed and recommended by "Fast Repair" in Brooklyn, New York. Our constant complaint has been the cycling of hot water in the showers. We've never have had enough hot water to fill a tub and the showers go from hot to cold in about two minutes, then about 3 minutes of cold discomfort and then slowly it cycles to warm, then hot, and continues to cycle. No one has ever been able to fix the problem for more than a couple of months. Now the coil in one of the boilers is completely rusted out and needs to be replaced for $1,000.00 in parts and $400.00 in labor. My current contractor says these units just need replacing...after 5 years!

Date created: 2015-01-02 Name: Tom
Location: Barrington, IL

"Completely undependable"
I live in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, and had 3 Weil-Mclain boilers installed in my new home in 2005. I have radiant heat and the design/build firm picked my HVAC contractor, and the contractor chose these boilers. I have had nothing but problems from day one. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. My HVAC contractor has been at my house 4-6 times a year to fix something on these boilers. Some years it's been a lot more frequent. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that I would be spending thousands of dollars a year to just try to keep my boilers running. Water leaks, circuit boards, pumps, heat exchangers - all have failed and now I only have 2 boilers running. My third boiler is completely dead due to a hole in the heat exchanger. This boiler was used for parts to keep another of my boilers running. How can this company stay in business with such a poor product? My contractor even admitted to me that this company made a faulty product and I have 3 of them. This brand is horrible. I would never use it again. It has no value to me or others if you read all the reviews. I have not gone even 1 year without numerous visits to repair something on 1 of my boilers.

Date created: 2014-11-08 Name: S Gardner
Location: Fayetteville, PA

"Customer service is the worst I have ever worked with"
The unit is a very good unit but the customer service sucks. They downright lied and they were very unhelpful.