Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2015-06-01 Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Good product for the money."
We initially went with Weil-McLain because it was what we could afford. We have been pleasantly surprised that the most economical choice also happened to be the best. At least best for us. It has lasted longer than our previous one already. Other than once a year, when we have it checked, there have been no problems.

Date created: 2015-05-15 Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

"It's a very reliable boiler, it does it's job."
The boiler is totally reliable, long-lasting, and it's quite durable. It looks nicer than a lot of other boilers that I've had in the past. The color of it actually matches the style of my house, which is one of the reasons why I chose it in the first place. I've owned it for about four years now, and have have no trouble with it thus far. It is also a steam boiler, which is nice. It also uses natural gas. It has a chimney vent as well. If I were to have it repaired or if it needs replacing, I would definitely buy another one just like it because they make great replacement boilers too. I would also recommend it to a friend, or anyone. To be quite honest, there isn't really anything that I dislike about it. Maybe that's because I haven't owned it for that long. Overall, I am very happy with my boiler.

Date created: 2015-05-13 Name: D Pierson
Location: Rockford, IL

"Replacement"
We are disappointed in Weil-McLain boilers. Our first boiler was original to the home and it lasted over 50 years. Our first Weil-McLain boiler was installed in 2003 and the second in 2015. We were expecting a longer time span between boilers. We did not receive support from our contractor or a response to our numerous calls to Weil-McLain.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Name: andrew zimmerman

"Awful product"
Worst boiler I have ever had. It always breaks down. It's 9 years old and failing.

Date created: 2015-04-20 Location: Queens, New York

"Winters don't seem so bad after all"
I have owned this boiler for nine years and it is very reliable and efficient. It does not take very long for the water in the house to heat up. With this boiler you can use up quite a bit of water without noticing any loss of heat. It allows you to take several showers without experience a long period of time where you get only cold water and have to wait for it to heat up. This large capacity for heating is great for large homes and yet it's the same size as the lower capacity boiler so it won't be particularly hard to install. Also another convenient feature is the digital display on the boiler which tells you the water temperature and other useful information. Additionally, it has all the features a boiler should have to heat your home thoroughly, safely and efficiently, such as, a relief valve, drain valve, balanced draft damper, convertible flue, swing- away door and many more. So far I haven't needed to repair or replace anything and there's nothing I dislike about it. I would recommend this to a friend or relative because its reliable and efficient and those two things are very important in a boiler.

Date created: 2015-04-17 Location: South Hadley, MA

"This is a great boiler!"
I purchased this boiler about a year ago looking to replace an old boiler that ran up the electricity bill at my aunt's house in Massachusetts. It is nice because it is small and compact enough to easily fit into her garage. The installation was relatively quick and easy for me and a few relatives as well. I was recommended the Weil-McLain brand by a friend of the family. Overall, I am very pleased that we took their advice and decided to buy this specific boiler. My aunt's previous boiler was a heap of junk and broke down pretty consistantly. Additionally, I appreciated the options on the venting system. The price was a little hefty, but you sort of get what you pay for and the money is worth it in the long run. I would buy the same brand again for myself and would definitely recommend to a friend if they were shopping for one.

Date created: 2015-04-06 Location: Bridgeport, CT

"A Workhorse Boiler with Some Warts"
We've had our Weil-McLain boiler since 1992, well over 20 years. It's still going strong and after our yearly maintenance, our service guy told us it was in good shape. Being in New England, you can imagine that this boiler has seen a lot of use since it was installed. We also heat our hot water off of it, so that's even more of a load for it to shoulder. I like that this boiler runs well, heats water (and the radiators) quickly and doesn't announce its presence with loud noises and fumes. What I dislike requires its own story. For the first 10 years the boiler ran without much complaint but after that we started having some parts failures. In the past 7 years or so, we've replaced the heating element twice, the mixing valve, the ignition, a couple of the copper supply lines and some electrical parts. The repairs went well but the service guys let us know that the quality of the parts had lowered quite a bit and we could look forward to these types of repairs being 'a thing'. Adding to that is the fact that these things always seem to happen at the worst time, like the coldest day of winter, or on a weekend, so I'm not quite as fond of it as I could be. To be fair, after this many years, things are bound to start failing. I would give it a tentative recommendation based on the first 10 years of faithful service. Would I buy the same brand again? Maybe. After 20+ years I'd have to do some research to see if the company has maintained their standards (a lot sure can change in that time!) and the quality of parts does seem to be an issue now.

Date created: 2015-03-30 Location: Middleton, MA

"My house boiler"
I owned my boiler for 9 years. It's a very efficient boiler, it takes up a lot of room but I've had nothing but good luck with the boiler. It's a hot water boiler with 5 sections that also heats my hot water. I live in an 8-room colonial house and have never had a problem with not enough hot water.

Date created: 2015-03-10 Location: Port Townsend, WA

"High quality boiler for the home!"
My husband and I purchased this boiler 6 months ago, looking for a permanent solution to our old clunky boiler that ran up our electricity bill. I like the fact that it is small and compact enough to easily fit into our cellar without much hassle getting it in. The installation was relatively quick and easy for us as well. I was recommended to the Weil McLain brand by my sister in law. Overall, I am very pleased that we took her recommendation and decided to buy this specific boiler. Our previous boiler was a clunker to say the least, and kept breaking down. Additionally, I really like the multiple options on the venting system ie. direct vent. I don't like that it was pricey but once again I think its a quality product so you're paying for quality over quantity. You get what you pay for as they say! I would buy the same brand again...and would recommend to a friend if need be!

Date created: 2015-03-06 Location: Ohio

"The best boiler that ever boiled!"
First off, I'm a do it yourself kind of guy. When my wife and I bought our 1920's cape cod home in 2012, I was prepared to gut bathrooms, rebuild the garage, finish the basement, redo electrical wiring. And tear out and replace the old boiler. Guess which of those things I never had to do. Our Weil-McLain EG-55 Water boiler provided fault free operation through winters that had many days in the negative tens. While I was putting in new tubs, faucets, and toilets, the heat radiating from our elegant decorative bathroom radiators warmed me completely, even during the most chilling moments of handyman mishaps. Sure, I was soaked while trying to stop the water from pouring out of the poorly soldered joints in my shower's freshly laid plumbing, but I was warm thanks to the bullet proof operation of that boiler. The design is simple enough that anyone can perform basic maintenance. I had to replace a bad thermocouple when the pilot light went out (it was an aftermarket part, and in. No way reflects on the quality of the EG-55) and I finished the job in 5 minutes. Bang, heat back on in no time. Overall, I can say that Weil-McLain has made a lifelong customer out of me with their simple design and quality product.