Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: griffith IN

"Weil Mclain boiler system"
I have now owned this boiler for 9 years. I love it because it never breaks down or needs cleaning. There is nothing that I dislike about it because it is top of the line. I only needed to repair a small leak one time, which I was able to do myself. I would highly recommend purchasing this system again or recommending it to my friends and family. The boiler that I had before did not function as well and it always needed constant repair. My older brother is the one who suggested that I get this particular boiler because he had not had any issues with his system in the 3 years that he owned his.

Date created: 2015-11-25 Location: West Sunbury, PA

"Weil-McClain Boiler Review"
I'm relatively new to having a boiler, and due to it just now becoming cold enough in my area to warrant continuous use of heat in the house, I'm really just now getting used it. I came from a home with an oil furnace, so obviously I am much happier with the boiler than with that. My energy bills are lower, it's a "cleaner" heat, etc. My house is set up with a thermostat on both of the main floors, each able to be controlled independently, which is nice and also not something I was used to with other methods of heating. I could do without the noises the baseboard units make, but that's really the only complaint I have so far. I have not had to have any repairs done nor replacement. I would recommend it to a friend, although perhaps a newer, more energy efficient model (mine is just old). It definitely seems like Weil-McClain is a long established, good brand.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Portsmouth, Virginia

"Very Efficient Boiler for Small House"
My boiler does a very good job of keeping the house warm in the winter and since it heats our water, our hot water is very hot. Our house runs off electricity for mostly everything except heating the water and the heating system. The house we have has a chimney, which is the only thing that would have stopped us from buying it because we did not have one in our previous house. Overall, my gas bill is very low, but our house is sufficiently warm during the winter, and sometimes the water is too hot. We bought it brand new, and the installation was quick and fast. We have not had any problems that would require repair, so our only expense was the purchase and installation, but I believe we are saving money on the gas bill than we would normally be paying, so in the end, I am overly satisfied. I would definitely tell a friend to buy this brand and this product.

Date created: 2015-11-13 Location: Farmington, MI

"I recently had to replace my boiler. It set me back financially but it was worth it in the long run. My house is at least 30% m"
I have no real problems with my current boiler except for the fact that sometimes it short circuits. I have been promised by the manufacturer that such situations will be rectified.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Howell NJ

"Very efficient boiler"
Approximately 3 years ago my old boiler had a problem and had to be replaced. My local natural gas company suggested the Weil McLain GV-90 boiler. It was professionally installed by the gas company. This boiler is by far the best boiler I ever had. It has internal recirculating pumps for improved efficiency, automatic air bleeding and a condensate pump. The exhaust gas is removed by a PVC pipe for easy venting.When the workers started it up for the first time you could barely tell it was running. The boiler got hot very fast. Since it has been in use for the last 3 plus years I notice the house warms up very fast and as I said before it is quiet, you can hardly tell it is on. My natural gas bills have markedly gone down because of its super efficiency. Overall I would rate it very high.

Date created: 2015-10-10 Name: J. Backes
Location: Des Plaines, IL

"Pretty good boiler"
Keeps us warm enough. Uncertain of boiler age--there is no legible serial #. Our HVAC man said the model was built about 1992 but we don't know when the boiler was installed. We've owned the boiler since 2002 when we bought a ranch style house built in 1963. According to a handwritten service tag (was earlier tag lost?) attached near the boiler, these parts were replaced before we bought the house in 2002: in 1998 the spark module & pilot sensing switch and in 2000 the mercury sensor & circulator pump (don't think external pump is considered part of the boiler). Since 2002 we replaced the manifold gas valve & spark plug in 2004. In October 2015 our HVAC guy warned us that the exhaust blower motor is using too many amps and may go bad at anytime.

Date created: 2015-09-23 Location: Hiddenite, Nc

"Fairly standard boiler"
I got this boiler about 5 years ago. The boiler is your standard boiler, it does its job fairly reasonably. I don't like that it seems to be very energy inefficient, but since I am the only one that uses it, it hasn't been much of an issue. I needed repairs done to it about one year ago. I don't know what happen, but one of the pipes loosened and it began to leak. The repair was fairly easy, and I was able to get replacement parts easily and fairly cheap. Overall I am not overly impressed, but still satisfied. I probably would choose a different brand next time, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Date created: 2015-09-02 Location: Albany, NY

"long lasting hot water supplied to my home"
I have owned my boiler for about a year and a half. I bought it after my last one broke. I like that it provides long lasting hot water to my whole house -regardless of if my husband is doing dishes while I take a shower, we have more than enough hot water. I don't really have any dislikes about it, and I haven't needed to replace or repair it. I would absolutely recommend this brand of boiler to my friends and family.

Date created: 2015-08-25 Name: Eric Darling
Location: Williamston, MI

"Best boiler ever"
We had this unit installed in 1986 and it has delivered beyond any expectation. I've followed cleaning and oiling procedures every year and replaced air valves in 2014 yet have not once called a service person. We are selling our home and with proper care and maintenance it looks like it could last another 29 years. Rest assured a Weil McLain will be in my next home. We may be building again very soon and rest assured a Weil-McLain will be in my next home.

Date created: 2015-06-05 Location: Hartford, WI

"Big Boiler for a Big House"
I personally love Weil Mclain boilers. They are cost effective. They may be a little bit more expensive, but they do get the job done when it comes to heating up water. I have owned it for about 6 years and am happy that it sounds the same as the first day I got it. I like that it has a built in air separator and cast iron sections. One thing I do not like about it is the fact that it weighs over 500 pounds. I had to bring over five big guys over just to get the thing into my basement, man was that a chore. I haven't had any recent problems with it, only about a year ago it needed the drain valve replaced due to gunk and other dirt and debris that was lodged up in it. Other than that it is a great machine that really never had any major issues with it. You get what you pay for!