Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

Date created: 2008-02-29 Name: Thomas Colardo
Location: Johnston, RI

"It seemed to run the same as the 30 year old boiler that was there. It also seems to be a lot louder than the previous."
Just had installed not to long ago. It seemed to run the same as the 30 year old boiler that was there. It also seems to be a lot louder than the previous. Can someone please tell if this is normal. Other wise I am still reviewing the product for savings on oil.

Date created: 2007-10-16 Name: N. Clark
Location: Evanston, Illinois

In the first 8 or 9 years of life this boiler was fine, but over the last decade the control items (igniter, blower motor, gas switch, etc) have been extremely unreliable. It appears to me that Weil-MCLain uses cheap, poorly made and poorly designed control devices (Honeywell, for example) that really cripple the performance and reliability of what is a pretty good basic unit. I am about to replace this boiler, and I am hoping that W-M recognizes that the perception of the W-M name depends on the quality of the entire unit. When they start to lose business to a (Japanese or German?) manufacturer that attends to details they shouldn't squawk.

Date created: 2007-07-22 Name: timothy stafford
Location: unadilla n.y

I was happy with the reliability but my three section boiler is drastically leaking fire between the sections i felt it was kind fast started after fifeteen yrs and i am going to replace the boiler now. i am staying with weil mclain for the the break down factor is minimal.i would like to buy direct is that possible?

Date created: 2006-11-12 Name: W. Brooks
Location: New Hampshire

The previous owner of our house installed this boiler, and we have a contractor out each Spring to perform the annual maintenance. We've only had one problem with it in the 4 years that we've owned it. It wouldn't start one day, so we had a contractor come look at it. There was something wrong with the ignition system, and about $200 later it was fine.